E3 Discussion Thread

+
The main problem with that is that it would bite them in the ass really hard.
What would the hardcore fans think when they get:
A dumbed down game for casuals AND if they wanted that hardcore experience they had to BUY Day 1 DLC.
The fans would hate their guts.

That's true.But they would hate them less than giving them JUST casual game.

Ideally it would part of the game from day one or free patch.

Maybe the fetch quest had a higher purpose on the writting side. For example an old slavic legend

"Koschei cannot be killed by conventional means targeting his body. His soul (or death) is hidden separate from his body inside a needle, which is in an egg, which is in a duck, which is in a hare, which is in an iron chest (sometimes the chest is crystal and/or gold), which is buried under a green oak tree, which is on the island of Buyan in the ocean"

There were islands and oak trees in this quest right?

That would be rather brilliant if this were the case. Like the Harpy feather quest in TW2 parodied old school fetch design.

It requires an email activition.

By the way, the video confirming Witcher 3 winning the people's choice award still hasn't appeared on IGN's front page....

:facepalm:
I wish there was a way we could contacte IGN about this matter. But i don't know if that would help they are more money hungry than Gamespot and Machinima. You can see ACU in their front page and we know that Ubi was paying them for a long time AC3 since i remember to cover AC games.

Guys i think he was being sarcastic. And if not he doesn't know much about whats going on in the gaming world.
Well, yes and no...I heard about it only because of E3. I know that it will be a co-op shooter from the L4D2 developers, although I don't know why is it in the first place on that list.

It requires an email activition.

By the way, the video confirming Witcher 3 winning the people's choice award still hasn't appeared on IGN's front page....

:facepalm:

Well no wonder cause no major publisher is behind CD Projekt which means no major money injection to IGN and no 30 sec. commercials before EVERY fucking IGN's video in last 3 weeks on youtube (and no add block can't help,bastards have built them into video) - cough Watch Dogs cough.

Well no wonder cause no major publisher is behind CD Projekt which means no major money injection to IGN and no 30 sec. commercials before EVERY fucking IGN's video in last 3 weeks on youtube (and no add block can't help,bastards have built them into video) - cough Watch Dogs cough.

you would think winning it twice in a row the first time in ign history would be something to make a fuss about

Well, yes and no...I heard about it only because of E3. I know that it will be a co-op shooter from the L4D2 developers, although I don't know why is it in the first place on that list.
It looks like a cool co-op game. Plus the guys that made L4D are making it.

you would think winning it twice in a row the first time in ign history would be something to make a fuss about

Well of courseeee it should,but money speaks volumes.Plus,one of the reasons why CD Projekt won is their relationship with consumers and their not over catering to casuals.Something I hope they keep being best at.....in BOTH of things.

Yeah Evolve looks cool but still I obviuosly prefer Witcher 3.The only problem I see with Witcher is CD Projekt despite being independent trying to do the same thing Creative Assembly did with Rome 2 - make it so brain dead casual that my 11 year old sister can play it with no problem on normal.

Or in other words make it beautifull sight seeing simulator which is Skyrim for me.Also it's extremely minimalistic UI which was ported from consoles to PC with journal which has less information than average restoran menu is another thing I'm afraid of.

I loved detailed journals and bestiary descriptions from Witcher 1 and mostly Wicter 2

Top Bottom