map doesn't show monsters

+
map doesn't show monsters

TW1's minimap showed monsters as red dots. This was extremely helpful as I can't hear monsters behind me or to the side until they attack. TW2's minimap doesn't have those red dots. How do I get those dots?

Guest 3498887

I have noticed red dots in my TW2 minimap _only sometimes_ but in areas I've already covered and I've failed twice now to go back and look to see what was there--my bad. Is it possible that if these are not spawned monsters/soldiers they might be pointing out pick-up treasure missed?

The minimap in TW2 is basically useless, perhaps useful only for orientation. You are better of ignoring it and listening for music changes and monster sounds. Or looking around a lot :D
I noticed red dots from time to time but they never showed anything.

Guest 3498887

Red dots seen sometimes point to monsters--living or dead. It's possible the red ones have respawned? I've also seen green and blue dots in and around Flotsam leading to npc of various sort it seems. Don't know what the difference between green and blue is. Since there doesn't even seems to be a 'north' in the game I don't use the minimap much but I do use it to zero-in on merchants, craft makers, and nearing quest locations. I'd say the minimap is very useful for those later items.

Red dot are enemies.
And yes they are inconsistent since they can still be there even after you killed a mob or reappear soon after even if there is no more monsters where you are.

The minimap also is defective in areas with more than one level, such as caves because it happened to me twice that after I went outside a cave, the minimap still displayer the second 'layer' and not the map of actual place I was.

Top Bottom