Kayran - is there any cheat?

+
Hi Witcher experts, I am another very unhappy person who tried and tried to kill the Kraken. I used the hints and watched the YouTube videos. I went to the arena to get my skills up., all to no avail. I'm afraid my reflexes are just not fast enough. I would appreciate it very much if someone would please kill this beastie for me. Here is my save... https://www.dropbox.com/s/hl9xjasdqxw6k5s/ManualSave_0257.sav Thank you so much.

Here you are . Kayran is dead and looted . Need to level up and collect the reward .
https://www.dropbox.com/s/42x2h3o0pvu44w2/ManualSave_0260.sav

Dear Tommy,
Thank you so much! I loaded the save game successfully. Happy hunting.

Last edited:
Hi! It's great to see how much help the community has been to each other, what with folks killing kayrans for those who get stuck :)

I'm having an issue with the kayran fight QTE that I could use some help troubleshooting. Ideally, I'd like to play thru it myself.

Once I've leapt onto the kayran tentacle, it is very hard for me to fill the orange QTE meter and even when I do look like I have it filled, I end up rolled back on the ground having to repeat it again and again and again and etc. Same thing happens.

So far I've tried some tricks:
(1) Turning off Difficult QTEs. This didn't help.
(2) Changing difficulty to Easy. This didn't help.
(3) Changing mouse click sensitivity. This didn't help.
(4) Changing the LMB key binding to the period (.) button. This didn't help.
(5) Changing screen resolution from 1680 x 1050 to 1280 x 1024. This didn't help.

I am totally confused because I'm using the same SAGER laptop that I used when I finished the Witcher 2 last year! So I'm doing a re-play taking Roche's Path this time, but I have become totally stuck at the Kayran fight. Any further ideas about what might be the trouble?

-Aaron

The only one I can think of that you haven't tried is to go to windowed mode.
But maybe try 1280x720. I'm not sure if it's still true, but at one time some issues were helped by using 16:9 resolutions.

The only one I can think of that you haven't tried is to go to windowed mode.
But maybe try 1280x720. I'm not sure if it's still true, but at one time some issues were helped by using 16:9 resolutions.
Ok, but how do I get Witcher 2 into windowed mode? I tried following this tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97JMjOra_hA&feature=youtube_gdata_player) but the properties dialog box when I right-click on witcher2.exe has no editable tag line under the General tab!

There are, however, checkboxes under the Compatability tab for Run in 256 colors, Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution, Disable visual themes, Disable desktop composition, and Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.

Well, I mysteriously just solved the problem. I tried adjusting resolution to 1280x720, and still had the same issue, must have ridden the tentacle 6 times.

Then for $&!?s and giggles I tried changing the Difficulty to Hard. Lo and behold, the game registered all my furious clicking and transitioned to the bridge collapse scene. Whew! I have no idea why that worked, but it did.

Last edited:
Well, I mysteriously just solved the problem. I tried adjusting resolution to 1280x720, and still had the same issue, must have ridden the tentacle 6 times.

Then for $&!?s and giggles I tried changing the Difficulty to Hard. Lo and behold, the game registered all my furious clicking and transitioned to the bridge collapse scene. Whew! I have no idea why that worked, but it did.

Glad you got past that part . To put Witcher 2 in windowed mode open launcher>Options click advanced and uncheck full screen .

yea but geting the mash part down tryin to get past the kayran my self to no avail im stuck on the monster it be help full if i could get help on it though never played a game i couldnt get through till this one boss.

yea but geting the mash part down tryin to get past the kayran my self to no avail im stuck on the monster it be help full if i could get help on it though never played a game i couldnt get through till this one boss.
Shouldn`t be a problem but you will need to upload a save somewhere and then post a link to the save .

how u post link save here

You can use this site, to upload your saved game file.
http://www.filedropper.com/

I will use the same site, to upload a save game file of your game, after beating the Kayran.

To post a link on this forum, look on the toolbar, right above the place that you type. It's the Icon with the "Earth" on it. Click on that and the paste the link that the site I just gave you, provides you.

Like so indeed. Please be so kind to wait a few moments. I'm experiencing some internet difficulties. I am "working" on your file at the moment. I will edit this post once I'm done.

Edit: Sorry for the delay. Here is the file after the fight. Do not forget to loot the corpse. Also try and spend a point on the increased dodge roll distance skill, on the sword tree. It is quite useful.

http://www.filedropper.com/autosave0003

Last edited:
Top Bottom