What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
I am...so direct(ed) right now. God. I could pound...nails. With my...hammer. Yes.

The last time.

War sucks and its machines, while cool looking to my predator's eyes, are designed to do horrific jobs. So it is good that this is the end of one such terrible weapon.

But it's also the end of another glorious human achievement and a huge symbol of an older time. Mixed sadness with relief, I guess.

These better be .22 rounds. Which they aren't because I see the brass. Anything other than a .22 would ride high on recoil.

Unless you presume some magical recoil compensator.

Weapons? Why not have all the weapons from the supplement books found somewhere? Depending on the weapon they could be bought in gun shops and more prestige weapons could be securely locked up and used by C-SWAT or owned by rich corporates etc.

The problem with a scope, ANY scope, is they limit your cone of vision.
Good way to wind up dead in most cases.
You can't catch all depth of field whilst using a scope,. either use a scope or don't? is that what you mean?

If a scope is linked to a goggle there might be a extra window on the HUD for the zoomed target.

You can't catch all depth of field whilst using a scope,. either use a scope or don't? is that what you mean?

If a scope is linked to a goggle there might be a extra window on the HUD for the zoomed target.

More no peripheral vision.
Actually a Cyberpunk smartgun goggle scope makes life easy ... turn it off when not needed.

Suddenly...
I got one crazy idea...

"What if there is possibility of creating your own weapons (from those 3D printers for example), and in this "creator" option you can choose; how it looks, if it is cased or caseless, what calibre it is, etc.
It sounds interesting. I can imagine someone creating a handgun with insane calibre and killing him/herself for the recoil of the gun.
XD

Oh, what random ideas I have! XD

Suddenly...
I got one crazy idea...

"What if there is possibility of creating your own weapons (from those 3D printers for example), and in this "creator" option you can choose; how it looks, if it is cased or caseless, what calibre it is, etc.
It sounds interesting. I can imagine someone creating a handgun with insane calibre and killing him/herself for the recoil of the gun.
XD

Oh, what random ideas I have! XD
This, I like.

In Traveller my Aslan uses a 25mm "Sniper Rifle" (think a Barrett on steroids with a built-in grav compensator to deal with both mass and recoil compensation), with APFSDS-T (Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot Tungsten) as her standard ammo.
Had a great time dealing with some machinegun bunkers once ..I just shot THROUGH the sandbags from outside their range.

Why such a ridiculously massive weapon you ask?
1) PGMPs and FGMPs are restricted to government ownership (our GMs rules)
2) Nothing less will reliably penetrate Combat Armor or Battle Dress
3) I'm an Aslan !

Sure it's big, it's slow, it's clumsy ... but it's FUN.

Last edited:
Ah, Traveller. It's been years. Surprisingly nasty system, iirc.

Your GM is silly. Govt's ownership..what do you think the black market DOES?
Of course, once you pull your even-more-illegal-than-illegal weapon, welll...tee hee.

Do it anyway! Trust me!

I don't think I said our group didn't own any such weapons, only that they're illegal.
And since my Aslan portable anti-battledress weapon is unique (made it myself, Engineer-3 JOT-2 ... old Traveller before the number of available skills skyrocketed) and it doesn't fire explosive warheads it's technically legal anywhere simply because it's not covered by any existing (other then blanket "no weapons") law levels.

Besides, it's FUN to carry.
In 4 years of active (at least once a month) gaming I've fired a total of 17 rounds with the thing. NOT because we don't have combat but because let's face it, how often do you need a sniper rifle on steroids?

Besides, it's FUN to carry.
In 4 years of active (at least once a month) gaming I've fired a total of 17 rounds with the thing. NOT because we don't have combat but because let's face it, how often do you need a sniper rifle on steroids?

I hate you. You and Wisdom both. He plays my favourite game all the time and you play one of the best Science Fiction games all the time. All that would make it worse would be if you both played Eclipse Phase. Together. Ugh.

Didn't care for Eclipse Phase, just seemed redundant.

Now I do enjoy me some Paranoia every now and then....

Did you play EP or just read up on it?

I'm not sure how you find it redundant. Redundant to what? It's not Cyberpunk...

I hate you. You and Wisdom both. He plays my favourite game all the time and you play one of the best Science Fiction games all the time. All that would make it worse would be if you both played Eclipse Phase. Together. Ugh.

I'm really, REALLY sorry I can't make it worse.
Never tried Eclipse Phase.

Now Paranoia is the PERFECT "Beer & Pretzels" game! Best played when almost too drunk to read the character sheet!

Top Bottom