What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
Chemical weapons,

VX, Sarin, etc.

Poisons as in the poisonned apples from Oblivion or superstimpack from fallout 2

biological weapons

knuckle dusters,

katanas & other japanese weapons

mortars,recoilless rifles, .50 machineguns and vehicle-mounted weapons

Last edited:
This:

Yes, I didn't thought about it but looks like it!
Anyway, I figure no one will want to annoy someone in the combat zone walking around with a gun shooting 76mm ammo lol
"Dude, you see this? I can headshot and dismember you at the same time, and I don't even need to aim!"

Last edited:
I presume you're discounting grenade-launchers and large bore shotguns Maelcom?
Just a HUGE projectile?
Consider something like the 90mm recoiless used in the early 60's by the US Army/Marines with a solid warhead rather then the anti-armor one. Or the modern Karl Gustav or SMAW. Of course backblast will be a bit of an issue ... but hey think of it as your character saying "Here I am! See me! Fear me! I stand out from the crowd!"

Or

Last edited:
I presume you're discounting grenade-launchers and large bore shotguns Maelcom?
Just a HUGE projectile?
Consider something like the 90mm recoiless used in the early 60's by the US Army/Marines with a solid warhead rather then the anti-armor one. Or the modern Karl Gustav or SMAW. Of course backblast will be a bit of an issue ... but hey think of it as your character saying "Here I am! See me! Fear me! I stand out from the crowd!"

Or

Oh no! Count them in!
It's like a mega slaughter birthday party!
I was talking about those kind of gun, not this one in particular, thought, yes, I want big "peew peew" making big hole and a bloody mess of the guy(s)/gal(s) in front of me.
About grenade launcher, yes, they're cool but not so cool in close quarter, unless you're chuck norris :/
Well, it could eventually works at long range but screaming cool action-movie sentences would somewhat make you look stupid when done at the other side of the street, mostly if the guy in front of you don't really hear what you're saying.

Also, I'm a lazy guy, aiming is exhausting :/

Last edited:
About grenade launcher, yes, they're cool but not so cool in close quarter, unless you're chuck norris :/

During Vietnam they had a 40mm "shotgun shell" for the M79 GL, not used these days because they're all mounted under a rifle so there's no need.
But no reason you couldn't use them with say the Milkor MGL (the 6-shot GL).

Kanonite:
Yeah I've seen the Beowulf, more of a gimmick then a practical weapon because the .50 cal round it uses is rather low velocity (due to recoil issues). The standard NATO 7.62mm round is more effective overall.

Last edited:
During Vietnam they had a 40mm "shotgun shell" for the M79 GL, not used these days because they're all mounted under a rifle so there's no need.
But no reason you couldn't use them with say the Milkor MGL (the 6-shot GL).

True, I was talking about grenades, but in this setting it could be helpfull

In terms of weaponry, GITS nailed it in 100% in terms of design, destruction they are capable of, maintaining, usage (reloading speed etc.). In one word: realism.

Absolutely, as much as the setting of GITS didn't catched me that much (everyone is healthy in their world, no bums or whatever), the design and the realism of it is some of the best i've seen when it comes to cyberpunk.
I really look forward seeing the overall design going to something close to this in Cyberpunk 2077, the trailer sort of had this kind of realism thought.

That's a G-11.

It's an abandoned prototype, but in Cyberpunk 2020 it's my very favourite weapon - the Sternmeyer 95. I really, REALLY hope it's in 2077.

For some reason, bullpup-style rifles, ( magazine before trigger assembly) have not come into fashion as it looked like they might. We'll see if CDPR goes with bullpup or more traditional design.

The G-11 is NOT "abandoned".
It's never been adopted due to the inherent problems of caseless ammo and small caliber vs damage issues.
Tho the latest version was made to fire 2 (or was it 3?) round bursts automatically to overcome the damage issue (with the 50-round mag you can "afford" it).

It's a GREAT concept who's time has not yet come.
I'm not exactly sure why the bullpup hasn't caught on more, perhaps for the same reason they still used horses at the start of WW I.

Last edited:
It always fired a 3 round burst - third of 3 rounds was fired before the first left the muzzle. Gave it an RoF of something like 2,000 rpm.

It is abandoned - no one has picked it up for production, no work is being done on it, it's dead dead dead. There are some production models, iirc. It's tech has seen some further use, but the rifle itself, no.

I also think the mag was 90 rounds..but I'd have to check.

Nope, only 40 or 50. Still pretty sweet.

I love this gun and everything it could have been. It saddens me every day we aren't seeing it used to shoot people in the real world.

Errr...no. I saddens me every day we aren't seeing it carried around as part of standard kit, looking SO COOL no one dares defy the user. It's standard kit for all my Solos and, IRL, I nearly bought a Steyr-Aug because it was the closest I could come at the time, until a soldier buddy said it lacked iron sights. Which i should have known. Ooops.

The original G-11 had 4 settings - safe, single-shot, 3-round, full auto.
The newest version (I'm aware of) has 3 - safe, 2-round, 10-round.

They submitted the last variant to the US rifle competition that eventually settled on the M16A4. Probably more of a prototype then anything but If they'd have gotten the contract that would have become the standard.

Well just solve the ammo problems the G-11 has and retire a RICH man when it's adopted all over the place.

Last I heard there were a total of like 1000 G-11's in existence. And they haven't given up on the idea totally, it does have some very nice features.

Top Bottom