Witcher Franchise Speculation

+

Witcher Franchise Speculation

• I would like Witcher 4 with Geralt in a story after the Witcher 3 events. Warning! Unlikely!

Votes: 94 23.9%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with Ciri and a story that takes place after Witcher 3 events.

Votes: 107 27.2%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a new PREDEFINED protagonist (not Geralt or Ciri).

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a PLAYER CREATED CHARACTER (skyrim, dragon age).

Votes: 71 18.1%
  • I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt.

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • I would like Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the new engine (and maybe W2 as well).

Votes: 103 26.2%
  • The new game(s) should build on the existing universe. Kingdoms and characters are largely the same.

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • The new game(s) should be a "a fresh start". New exciting lands, characters, companions, lore etc.

Votes: 45 11.5%
  • I would like more than 2 expansions for W3, maybe 4-5 to expand on Ciri, Triss, Saskia, Iorveth etc.

Votes: 179 45.5%
  • Once Witcher 3 is done I don't want more Witcher games. CDPR should do other things.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
An isometrical tactical turn-based RPG in the Witcher world, please...or an old-school RTS game ala C&C in the Witcher world... :ball:

Description of "AC: Rogue" from Ubisoft website is very... inspiring. I have modified this idea.

The Witcher®: Fallen Hunter
1239 year, Kingdom of Ebbing. Amidst the chaos and violence of the first Nilfgaardian conquests, Leo Bonhart, a fearless young adventurer, undergoes a dark transformation that will forever shape the future of the lands locaced to the south of Amell Mountains. After the expulsion of Viper Witchers from their seat in Stygga citadel by Nilfgaardians, Bonhart's sweetheart was killed by unnamed large bald witcher run amok. Leo turns his back on the Witchers who he formerly admired. Having witnessed of subsequent crimes made by Witchers from Cat and Viper Schools, Leo Bonhart sets out on a mission to wipe out all who turned against their codex and ultimately become the most feared Witcher hunter in history.

Introducing The Witcher®: Fallen Hunter, the darkest chapter in the Witcher franchise yet. As Leo Bonhart, you will experience the slow transformation from Witcher sympathizer to Witcher slayer. Follow your own codex and set off on an extraordinary journey through immense, open kingdoms destined to surrender to Nilfgaardiam agresors in pursuit of your ultimate goal - bringing down the criminals, hansas and Witchers for good.

BECOME THE ULTIMATE BOUNTY HUNTER
For the first time ever, experience the Witcher universe from the perspective of a Bounty Hunter. Play as Leo Bonhart, who, in addition to the deadly skills of a experienced headhunter, also possesses never before seen skills and weapons:
  • Equip hunter’s two-handed heavy longsword whereby you will seamlessly get the better of bandits and hated witchers
  • Fight using long spear, horseman's pick and powerfull axe during horseback combat
  • Use the extensive collection of bounty hunter tools, like daggers or throwing axes, Nilfgaardian orions, crossbows, bows, arbalests, whips, lasso and others
  • Collect the medallions of defeated witchers to gain access to special bonuses

SLOWLY DESCEND INTO DARKNESS

Witness Leo’s transformation from an adventurous young man to a grim and humanity-less bounty hunter willing to hunt down the witchers and ordinary criminals. Experience first-hand the events that will lead Bonhart down a dark path and set him on a course over three decades of his striking life until a tragic finale known for Andrzej Sapkowski' novels.

NEW AND IMPROVED HORSEBACK GAMEPLAY

Get into the saddle of your faithful horse and fight your way through the plains, valleys, steppes, uplands and mountains. The Witcher®: Fallen Hunter builds on the award winning horseback experience from The Witcher 3®: Wild Hunt™ with all new gameplay including the ability to use spears, axes and horseman's picks or throw your powerfull sword during gallop.

VAST DIVERSE OPEN WORLD TO EXPLORE
Inviting life of Leo Bonhart will guide you through the many diverse and unique locations. Depending on the period of life in which you visit the place, you will receive alternative quests and encountered characters other concerns, pursuits, personalities and aims. You'll visit lands known from last three novels of The Witcher Saga, like:
  • The southern part of Kingdom of Nazair Visite highland settlements and burgwalls, and imperial fortified camps in this expansive upland playground. Explore the uncharted ancient elven ruins in Assengard or Tor Zireael
  • Located between rivers Velda, Lete, Arete and Sylte Kingdom of Ebbing. A large hybrid setting of the Imperial Frontier mixing seamless river navigation and ground exploration, having unforgettable locations like full of monsters swamps of Pereplut or dangerous mountain range near Stygga citadel
  • Windy steppes and dirty towns of the Imperial Prefecture of Gheso, full of bandit gangs and hansas. Also periphery of the Korath Desert.
  • Merchant city of Metinna with subburbs and neighborhood.One of the largest and richest metropolies on the Continent, fully recreated as it existed in the 13th century.

@Marcin Momot Please, do this game :D

Last edited:
Anyone because the witcher world itself is far more interesting than Geralt himself imho.
The world is huge and the outstanding personalities there are in great number.

But - for me personally - if it will be Ciri - it will be the ruin of the series as a anti-fem-fantasy game.

I would love to see a Total War-esque game set slightly before the 2nd Nilfgardian war. Diplomacy, trade, espionage, establishing dynasties and having Epic Battles.

I would almost tend to say an MMO in the Witcher world ... but then again, I'd dislike the thought about it as the market is pretty tough already. Maybe we meet new characters in the game and get to play them in a new game. Or we get a game where we can play multiple characters like Triss, Ciri, Yennefer, maybe Geralt again and so on.

But I think we need to wait for W3 first, maybe we get some addons/DLCs to that, who knows.

Am I the only person who thinks a Witcher MMO is a fantastic idea?!?!

I don't see it work. Would we all just have one race called 'Witcher'? And I don't see how they would make a class beside swordsman.

And this isnt in the right thread.

I still love CDPR's prototype for The Saviours of Queens.

The Viscount: (aka The Bard) A "Bond like" character with a certain flair with his Girls ~ and one that occasionally gets him facing imminent execution:

Last edited:
There really needs to be a Witcher Universe game where you can select multiple classes.

Just off the intro to witcher 2 alone you can just FEEL the possibilities. Being an assassin Witcher, being a mage protecting a king, being a dime a dozen sell sword, or even the best sell sword in the land. The possibilities are immense, and would be the perfect setting for open world game with class selection.

if you want to change witcher into skyrim play skyrim instead. Rpgs now need good story and belivable world not ability to play archer Geralt

CDPR can you make a cool Diablo III style type game, but better someday?

I see that CDPR are doing that phone MOBA game, but what about a super cool realistic looking top-down/old-school rpg style game. Like Diablo III, but way better graphics and more player options (clean screen) No Red/Blue outlines on monsters and doors! (hint.. hint) Can CDPR make this style of game on all platforms some day, Before this so called next gen is over? Can this be done, and what are the odds?
Who else want's it?;)

I would go for Ciri but could also be someone else, depends.

if you want to change witcher into skyrim play skyrim instead. Rpgs now need good story and belivable world not ability to play archer Geralt
Doesnt have to a Skyrim.
But something a bit more complex than the Witcher 2 specs, like the alchemy/sword/magic but more deep, maybe?

but what about a super cool realistic looking top-down/old-school rpg style game. Like Diablo III
Not really but i wouldnt mind getting that high iso view back like in the Witcher 1.

I see that CDPR are doing that phone MOBA game, but what about a super cool realistic looking top-down/old-school rpg style game. Like Diablo III, but way better graphics and more player options (clean screen) No Red/Blue outlines on monsters and doors! (hint.. hint) Can CDPR make this style of game on all platforms some day, Before this so called next gen is over? Can this be done, and what are the odds?
Who else want's it?;)
You mean a dungeon crawler.

Top Bottom