The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt @ gamescom2014

+
Or hidden stashes, a note upon a body which lets you do a scavenger hunt. Caves, hideouts.

I`m pretty sure in some interview some dev used term "witcher hideouts" where you could find better armour and other cool stuff. I don`t have the link but I think it was during this year`s E3.

I must say at the end of that 14 minute gameplay it really delivered the feels for me .. that soundtrack just awesome & great atmosphere ... hope to see much more of that ... the fights though seem abit easy ... but I guess thats just in the presentation

Edit : just saw the version with the interview behind it .... excellent questions ... very satisfyng demo & interview ... I feel very good after watching this ;)

posting the link of extended gameplay+interview because I cant remember seeing it here
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/08/14/the-witcher-3-extended-gameplay-demo-ign-live-gamescom-2014

After hearing that song (Ladies of the woods) at the end I looked on yt for the other soundtrack I havent heard yet ... gotta say the whole preorder soundrtrack is freakign awesome ... love it .. im kinda blown away by how awesome it is .. didnt expect this ...

does anyone know if the soundtrack will be availabe as a whole ( preorder songs + normal ost ) ?

Last edited:
Quick question. Because the Downwarren trailer was titled as teaser, is it safe to assume that we'll get the rest (that was shown at gamescom) soon? Like, next week soon?

You're welcome, my friend.

..well apart from all that there wasn't that much new.
They showed us no crafting, no alchemy.

To be honest, I don't even mind anymore, I just want to explore it by myself. They already showed us enought. If the alchemy system won't be as hardcore as I would like to be, the modders will solve this problem. But I would like to see some true exploreing. For example start from Novigrad and galopp some random direction a certain amount of time. I would be interested more the actual size of the map, or at least some sneak peak.

About the gameplays, the No man's Land looks damn atmospheric even in sunny day, how creepy will be at night time...:D The animations will need some upgrade especially how Geralt's movement reacting with the environmental hights are changeing, for example when you running upwards to a hill, or downwards.

Quick question. Because the Downwarren trailer was titled as teaser, is it safe to assume that we'll get the rest (that was shown at gamescom) soon? Like, next week soon?

Indeed, it was said the full 30-minutes demo would be uploaded by next week. So basically yes.

I think it's next to impossible to determine the quality of an open world in 40 minutes, but if CDPR has learned lessons from the masters of this - Larian and Bethesda, they know the key is not placing filler between POIs, but mini stories within larger ones. I will never forget quests like the Nuka Cola factory, the Family, all the intricate mini stories in Ego Draconois and Divinity or the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion. That's why those open worlds feel fleshed out and mostly void of filler.

Last edited:
Thank you Zorn for sacrificing your health for us. I am very happy you got to see Ciri. Is her character model as great as you hoped it was?
I'm pretty excited and would have loved to be there but standing in line for 4 hours is kind of sick. o.o

Thank you Zorn for sacrificing your health for us. I am very happy you got to see Ciri. Is her character model as great as you hoped it was?

Don't worry, I'm a tough cookie~

And yes, Ciri's character model is as great as I hoped it was.
In fact it's very similar to the one in the cosplay guide, but I was too in awe to catch many details
during that short and impressive scene.

I'm pretty excited and would have loved to be there but standing in line for 4 hours is kind of sick. o.o

What ? But.... but.... it was the best line I've ever been in at Gamescom !

All employees working at the booth did a fantastic job, we got lots of free Witcher stuff,
Eve and Aleksandra kept people in a good mood and the presentation was completely worth it.
Lol, Aleksandra... good times.

And it also was amazing to meet @GingerEffect in person, he's such a nice guy.
So shout out to everyone working at the booth, even today. Your efforts are very appreciated~

Top Bottom