+
How to Protect my back?

How to Protect my back?
Is there anything to upgrade it or special movement
For when I go into a fight against a large number of enemies die quickly

Run and roll out of the way.
Use traps and lures.
Throw down bombs to crowd control.
Invest in the parrying talent in the witcher skill tree.
Invest in the position talent, which reduces damage from back attacks in the swordsmanship tree.
Use signs to charm one of your attackers (axii) disrupt their attack (aard/igni) trap them (yrden) and to protect yourself (quen).
Strike once or twice then move away, target the stragglers in a group.
Take advantage of your enviroment.

No probs, oh and it may seem obvious but always use the right sword, silver for beasties and steel for humanoids.

Everything Blothulfur said plus a simple, perhaps too obvious hint: don't let enemies attack you from behind!

Positioning plays a big role in the tactics and planning of this game. If you have played console action classics like the Castlevania series, then you know it's your own fault when you get killed because you "let them touch you" :p

Invest in the position talent, which reduces damage from back attacks in the swordsmanship tree.
Excuse me, but could you specify, what does this skill do? I'm asking because its description is kinda weird. It tells that it reduces damage by 200% (how is that?!) and also second level gives less bonus for you (when you attack enemies from behind).

It reduces the damage you take from backstabs, by default I think you almost instantly die, level 1 gives you a chance to save yourself after getting backstabbed :p level two lets you continue fighting with 'manageable' damage.

And well obviously don't get stabbed in the back as much as possible, camera position is most important, rotate it as necessary.

Excuse me, but could you specify, what does this skill do? I'm asking because its description is kinda weird. It tells that it reduces damage by 200% (how is that?!) and also second level gives less bonus for you (when you attack enemies from behind).
At the start of the game, you receive double the damage when hit in the back (200%), instead of the normal damage when getting hit in the front (100%). With the first upgrade of the 'Position' talent, you reduce the damage you take in the back from 200% to 150%, and then with the next upgrade from 150% to 100%. So if this talent is fully upgraded, you take the same amount of damage when hit in the back as when you get hit in the front.

Limp Bizkit-Rollin

http://coub.com/view/39cko

Last edited:
Buying an ergonomic chair helps a lot. Especially if you sit in front of your PC for prolonged periods of time.

Wait. What are we talking about?
Covering your back. :happy: At first I'd suggest better armour, but besides armour I'd rather use a crossbow first and pick 'em off from a distance. :p ^_^ People need more than ergonomic chairs if their backs have been riddled with some of my wayward crossbow bolts. :laughing:

I remember that GIF. Brings back memories. ^_^

*ahem* This may be going out of hand, let's not fill the thread with jokes, a few from time to time are passable but....

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, BACK TO WORK!

Especially early in the game, do not expect to attack a mob of enemies by wading in and taking them down Group style the way you did in TW1. It doesn't work. It's a Good Thing that it doesn't work anymore. In this game, enemies are fast, well armed, and deadly, and they do not stand around waiting to be hit.

Since nobody is watching your back, you must keep enemies in front of you and engage as few of them at a time as possible. This is especially important at early levels when the skills to mitigate backstab damage (Position), parry and counter effectively (Riposte), and roll for distance (Footwork) are not open yet. Signs, especially Aard and Yrden, but also Axii when you can get away with it, are effective at slowing down and breaking up crowds. Kiting and using the obstacles in each area are also useful. You can break up a crowd just by running away from it, then turning and picking off the fastest enemy.

Top Bottom