Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering, I've got a 660ti and a 560ti as a dedicated physx card. So just like with physx, why can Nvidia allow for other graphical loads to be dedicated to another graphics card (without sli). What make physics so easy and other things not?

hey guys,

I'd like some help with the following:
I have a 6 year old config with these specs:
Intel Core 2 duo E4600 2.4GHz,
Asus P5K mobo,
Geforce 9800GT 512MB
3GB DDR2 800MHz RAM

Most of my games, even the ones that need DX 11, runs with around 30-40FPS, but on low settings of course, and now I would like to upgrade some parts, since it desperately needs it now.. heck, I should buy a whole new PC now, but I am pretty low on budget. I was looking around for some new GPUs, and I saw a decent GTX 650 TI. My question is, since the 650 requires PCIE 3.0, and my mobo only has 1.0, will it still work? And if it will, will my PC be able to use it's full potential? Also, should I look for a quad core CPU? Because I think that this GPU would bottleneck my current CPU quite a bit. I just want to do some small upgrades, for newer games that will come next year eg: Batman Arkham Knight, Witcher 3 (of course), even if playing on the lowest, as far as I would get at least 30FPS I'm happy. Or should I just wait, and get a new PC when I can?

I'm not entirely sure, but...

I think all of that is old enough that adding newer components is not likely to bring huge benefits (until you have essentially a new machine)
To get the full benefit of a modern card you must use the full bandwidth PCI that it is designed for... you'll need more RAM for modern OS and high resolution support to be totally effective, the motherboard won't support the latest high performance/low energy chips etc.

I'd seriously recommend using your router/switch, and saving for a new PC to run together as a networked solution (unless you can give or sell the old one to someone who can get more use from it...)

DD2 RAM is old and probably also slow (high latency)... 3GB isn't enough for 'free use' of a 64 bit OS... though you might not need 32GB of low latency modern RAM, you will need more than 3GB and fastest is good....

The Core2 at 2.4GHz is also old and probably in a "not modern" package... no point looking to spend over the odds for the best chip for your motherboard when a good modern board and middling chip should outperform it handily. The GT9800 is of course a significant weak point (and one that *could* be addressed now... but really it is usually cheaper to buy a new system than to incrementally bodge an obsolescent one. The benefit of "future proofing" is only relevant for a few years usually, in my experience. I've certainly missed the boat more often than not. (Even if you ignore the temporary diversion to AGP and AMD-K2 configurations).

thanks for the reply,
Aye, it was either getting a new GPU that I could use later when I can get a new PC, or just get a new PC later, when I'll have the money for it.
I think I found a nice a config, that would work well, if I'll get to buy it.
Intel Core i5 4590 3.6GHz
ASROCK B85M
GYGABYTE GTX 760
Kingston Hyper X BLU 8GB 1600MHz
Hopefully with this I could run the newest games on high, with decent FPS.

I'd stick with what you have for *at least* as long as it does everything you need.

Technology becomes cheaper and faster, and you can save closer to the 'ideal' amount the longer you wait ~ within reason.

I have always made do for a bit... partly in acknowledgement that I really like "nice things" but cannot afford to buy them all... I think that a £1200 bike with a £400 dynamo lighting system is a necessary solution to the problem of "new bike" (ok that one was *really* upgrade the existing £800 touring bike with new lighting.... but you get my point). No way I could buy everything I thought I might like, in the quality I think is best....

:sad:

Will I need a Enthusiast level PC to play the game?

I have a
I3 4130 3,4 GHZ
6gb ram
evga gtx 750 ti
windows 8.1

I just finished playing the witcher and the witcher 2 asassins of kings on steam love those games hope i can play the witcher 3 wild hunt

they said it will run decently on gtx660 so you're probably fine.

Ok cool i know the said you need crazy requirements to run shadows of mordor andi run it 1920x1080 on medium settings i hope this is the case with the witcher 3 wild hunt

I just got my 980 SLIs and it turns out it can't even hold stable 60 FPS on Witcher 2 with Ubersampling enabled. It's mostly stable at 50-55 but occasionally it even drops to the 30s, and this is in the Prologue military camp.

I just got my 980 SLIs and it turns out it can't even hold stable 60 FPS on Witcher 2 with Ubersampling enabled. It's mostly stable at 50-55 but occasionally it even drops to the 30s, and this is in the Prologue military camp.
Well, this is just the way Ubersampling in W2 works... I don't think we should expect seeing something like that in W3. Maybe some option that can only be performed with high end GPU, but not option that won't be running smooth on GPUs that made years after W3 release.

That doesn't sound right. There must be some other issue with your system. I remember seeing someone with SLI 980's pushing 100+ fps with Ubersampling.

That doesn't sound right. There must be some other issue with your system. I remember seeing someone with SLI 980's pushing 100+ fps with Ubersampling.

100 average or 100 highest?

With Vsync off, my highest/avg/lowest is 92/64/33.

Well, this is just the way Ubersampling in W2 works... I don't think we should expect seeing something like that in W3. Maybe some option that can only be performed with high end GPU, but not option that won't be running smooth on GPUs that made years after W3 release.

A user way back linked an article where a CDPR developer said Witcher 3 runs Uber Sampling by default, but it's more efficient this time around. I can't find it right now, maybe you'll have more luck?

What resolution are you running, and what's your CPU?

100 average or 100 highest?

With Vsync off, my highest/avg/lowest is 92/64/33.

He was hitting 100+ average. And it was the prologue sequence he was showing off.
This is SLI 980's we're talking about, they should push that no problem.
I'm trying to see if I can find the person who showed it off.

He was hitting 100+ average. And it was the prologue sequence he was showing off.
This is SLI 980's we're talking about, they should push that no problem.
I'm trying to see if I can find the person who showed it off.

That's nuts. I don't get how mine is so much lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom