Movies / TV Shows!

+
Personally i'd swap all them Marvel films for Dredd 2.

IS that happening.. say it is go on say it... or its the isocubes for you !

hmmm.... if we've basically had Block War (or maybe not)... Chopper next? Caligula? Oh wait I kind of figured Dark Judges would be next since they already intro'd Anderson..

Its bound to happen, last was a success, they did a super job, helmet-head is out of work again... could be all the investment moneys being burned propping up failing tech startups.

90% of the DC comics I like were written by Brits ;)

American writers were flash and no substance, the Brits were all substance, sure the fact is they saved the industry, I doubt anyone would argue that.

an Top list there, but can;t forget Ace Trucking & Rogue Trooper, Skizz & Halo Jones (really wish that could be completed).

Aye the big guy ? Thats the one. Agreed on Rogue game, got it, actually thought about it recently, its popped into my head a few times now since release to play it again.

Just watched Dredd again, man I want a sequel. It was meant to be a trilogy.

I mean the news here is over a month old, so forgive me if its been posted already, saw it over on denofgeek.com

IS that happening.. say it is go on say it... or its the isocubes for you !

hmmm.... if we've basically had Block War (or maybe not)... Chopper next? Caligula? Oh wait I kind of figured Dark Judges would be next since they already intro'd Anderson..

"Mr Karl Urban chats about a possible direction for the Dredd sequel. If it ever gets made...

Dredd 2 remains, thankfully, the sequel that won't go away. In spite of the limited box office returns of the first Dredd, it's gone on to become a decent hit on DVD and Blu-ray, and there's continued fan clamour for a follow-up.

Leading the charge always seems to be the man who brought Judge Dredd successfully to the big screen, Mr Karl Urban. And over the weekend, he was at Chicago Comic-Con.

When Shallow Graves met the actor, it asked him directly whether it was possible that we might see the Dark Judges pop up in Dredd 2, should it press ahead. And to quote the site, 'he stopped what he was doing, and it was evident that I struck the geek mark'. With a smile on his face, Urban said "why yes, there is a definite possibility. But it is more likely that we will do the origins story with Dredd trekking through the Cursed Earth to find the first Chief Judge Fargo".

It's a pretty epic story in the comics that one, an origins rather than a genesis story, but one that harks back to the very foundations of who Dredd is. We'd watch the film in a shot".

New info to me mate so thanks ! I thought at the time they said it did ok at the cinemas - obviously not a blockbuster - but respectably profitable, and I remember clearly critics & fans praising it. It was a damn fine job, theres got to be more. Dark Judges... aye thats #3 with the biggest budget, I'd be more than happy with Fargo Cursed Earth #2, and if Von Sydow could reprise the role (only good thing about the earlier one) it'd be great.

New info to me mate so thanks ! I thought at the time they said it did ok at the cinemas - obviously not a blockbuster - but respectably profitable, and I remember clearly critics & fans praising it. It was a damn fine job, theres got to be more. Dark Judges... aye thats #3 with the biggest budget, I'd be more than happy with Fargo Cursed Earth #2, and if Von Sydow could reprise the role (only good thing about the earlier one) it'd be great.

Unfortunately it wasn't really a hit in the cinema, online took $13.4 mil in the U.S, and £22.2 mil in the foreign box office, the film itself cost $50 mil to make so didn't break even.

But, it did well in DVD and Blu Ray sales. So thats a plus.

Thing is its already a cult hit, the problem is that violent, hard 18 movies that aren't popular U.S comics characters just don't do as well. But hey at least we got a new transformers movie.......

Its guys like Bay who saturate the cinemas with awful assaults on the eyes like TMNT or Transformers, but people pay... so they make more..... and more...... and more. FML.

EDIT - Just read this over at IGN, only posted at the start of Oct.

OLIVIA THIRLBY THANKS FANS CAMPAIGNING FOR DREDD SEQUEL

"It means everything," said Thirlby, who played Judge Anderson in the movie. "Thank you so much for the petition that you made to try to get us a sequel. To everyone who’s signed it, thank you so much. If you haven’t signed it yet, please go do it, because we really want to bring you a Dredd 2."

Campaigners have dubbed today, October 1, as the second annual Day of Dredd, encouraging fans to buy the movie on DVD or Blu-ray, watch it through a streaming service like Netflix, share the hashtag #DayofDredd on social networking sites, and sign an official petition for a sequel. More than 125,000 people have signed so far.

Thirlby's not the only cast member hoping for a sequel; Karl Urban, who plays the title character, last year discussed his own hopes for a second Dredd film.

Dredd 2 Petition can be found here, please sign and share!

http://2000adonline.us5.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a6e40236aa24d482cfff600d2&id=62906ebdcc

Last edited:

This looks kinda awesome. I've seen the first three movies from the series and since Tokyo Drift was terribad I never bothered again. Maybe it's time to give the rest a watch.

Been watching the X-Men movies as of late.

They really messed up the timeline. I mean they're so full of contradictions and plot holes it's not even funny.

Top Bottom