Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Horse armor!!!

I wonder what the alternative look for Yennefer is though >.>. Like just different clothes or also different make up and face?

Any one here speaks Japanese? if yes pls translate(mb some info about new build or ps4 copy of the game) and ask them to send a good quality pictures.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201411/05064728.html

I dont speak japanese but im a huge weeabo so i do have alot of programs for translating it and have experience reading japanese babelfish.

and as far as i can understand , no there is no new info, just the same cookie cutter Q&A

the few tidbits that i could gather, although likely that they arent new and didnt understand fully because its babefish so btake them with more than a grain of salf

NML: is now called Velen.
Geralts strikes are are divided between weak and strong
Minigames: Gwent cardgames (that has original artwork.), bar fights, horse and boat races.

@ariate
Neah,one company pulling a stunt like this means nothing when the sea is full of money hungry sharks and plump whales that don't mind shaking their blubbler around.

Only when this kind of consumer friendly attitude starts propagating to at least a couple more big companies will the sharks start to lose sleep over it.

EA gets voted worst company of the year and they still don't change. I really doubt anything will change these practices unless people vote with their wallets

Screenshots of an alpha version of the Witcher 1.

(click on images to browse through, I couldn't embed them here).

Site is in Polish, so I will loosely translate the short stories they share with the images:

Back then, the studio was located in Łódź, not Warsaw. The game was being developed using the engine from a game called Mortyr (FPS). It wasn't the first and only Witcher game being in the works - Metropolis Software(started by Adrian Chmielarz, who later created People Can Fly) grabbed the rights to the game first. Their action adventure Witcher game never hit the market and the license was used to develop a simple mobile game. Metropolis had rights to create only one game, so it was time for CD Projekt to pay a visit to Mr. Andrzej Sapkowski...

Back then, the concept of the Witcher was close to those of Dungeon Siege or Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. The publisher was aware that games similar to Diablo are selling well and wanted to follow this trend. CD Projekt actually started making games thanks to Baldur's Gate. The Dark Alliance sequel was planned for consoles only and that wasn't promising too high sales in a country dominated by PCs. Interplay didn't plan to make a PC version but didn't mind CD Projekt doing it. So the Polish studio took the challenge.

Eventually, Interplay's financial trouble led to CD Projekt having an open project and not knowing what to do with it. The idea was to change it into something of their own. And if it was supposed to be fantasy, it could only be Sapkowski. That's how the virtual Witcher started his second life.

Interestingly, Geralt wasn't supposed to be the main character. The player would play as an anonymous Witcher that gains skills and experience throughout the game. Geralt already being a killing machine didn't really suit that concept. After CD Projekt RED chose the White Wolf after some time, there was only one way to translate it into gameplay ideas - amnesia.

After a year, a demo was complete and shown by Marcin Iwiński and Michał Kiciński to world's biggest publishers. Adam Badowski tried to discourage them because the demo, according to him, "sucked". That's also when CDPR moved the development from Łódź to Warsaw.

The screens are from alpha version of the Witcher, dated May 2003. You could choose your character's gender(yep, you could play a female Witcher!). The creators also planned to include online mode option.

Last edited:
Below are a few somewhat interesting bits and pieces from a newly available interview (part 1, part 2) with Damien Monnier (Senior Game Designer at CDPR) from Igromir (3-5 October 2014). I'm not translating the whole thing since it's mostly rehashing of previously known facts.

-Q: How finished is the game at this point of time?
-A: It's 100% finished and fully playable. We're just polishing it.

-Q: Will there be massive battles?
-A: Yes, there are several really epic battles. I can't tell you much, but they will involve hundreds of people fighting.

-Q: Will we see dwarven children and females?
-A: I don't think you will see dwarven children, but probably you will see females.

Last edited:
Female Dwarves!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom