Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Played it straight for 5 hours now(thanks to korean vpn). So far I'm enjoying it overall, but what the hell did bioware think while designing their quests? The hinterlands map looks like a assassins creed map full of symbols. 90% of the quests are stupid (and boring) fetch quest. It's even worse than assassins creed with the amount of collectible stuff. I think about 80% of my quests so far were finding someone(and not the good way like in the 35 witcher 3 gameplay demo with an interesting story and amazing cutscenes). But well, maybe it get's better after I leave the first location. Everything else is decent so far.

Played it straight for 5 hours now(thanks to korean vpn). So far I'm enjoying it overall, but what the hell did bioware think while designing their quests? The hinterlands map looks like a assassins creed map full of symbols. 90% of the quests are stupid (and boring) fetch quest. It's even worse than assassins creed with the amount of collectible stuff. I think about 80% of my quests so far were finding someone(and not the good way like in the 35 witcher 3 gameplay demo with an interesting story and amazing cutscenes). But well, maybe it get's better after I leave the first location. Everything else is decent so far.

apparently after the 15 hour mark it improves dramatically. until then, i hope u enjoy your fetch quests and consider yourself lucky u can even play the game :'(

Ah so this is the game where I will play my long dream of...

The short, ugly sarcastic male Dwarf who's greatest dream it is to become a random object delivery boy... But never delivers on time...

Yes, first 5+ hours are kinda weak but it gets much better after some time apparently. Also CDPR showed story quest in that 35 min demo (impressive demo indeed). I have a feel the W3 side quests will be same fetch quest like every open world game It's a sacrifice for that big world. Its impossible to make every quest interesting (there are hundreds ) but companions quests and quest from war table could be interesting.

What kind of collectible stuff? Does it have actual use in-game?

talk about lore rape

talk about lore rape

I remember seeing that scene. This is where he tells you that he's a trans qunari trans male. That's why he looks so off as a Qunari and why his head is so small. He's really just a human who visited the Tevinter for extreme body modifications. They also gave him a cock shaped lyrium statue. That's why he says "You don't know what it means to ride the bull". Dude has a magic dick that goes through people like Fenris' hands. No lie.

---------- Updated at 07:18 PM ----------

And you all doubted Bioware's writting. Character complexity doesn't get more complex than that.

Makes sense. I always had a headcanon that the initial awkwardness between my warden and Sten was just pure unadulterated sexual tension. Guess he wanted to be more pleasing to him.

Yes, first 5+ hours are kinda weak but it gets much better after some time apparently. Also CDPR showed story quest in that 35 min demo (impressive demo indeed). I have a feel the W3 side quests will be same fetch quest like every open world game It's a sacrifice for that big world. Its impossible to make every quest interesting (there are hundreds ) but companions quests and quest from war table could be interesting.

I think the difference here is that fetch quests in Wild Hunt wont feel stupid. Witcher contracts is what Geralt does. And more importantly, those will be absolutely OPTIONAL.
AFAIK in Inquisiton you will HAVE to engage in fetch quests to gain "Power points" which are needed to unclock more story quests/regions down the line. I can be mistaken, but as far as I understood the reviews I checked, it's like that... Which imo it SUCKS.
The only redeemenig scenario for me here is if the main story is interesting/chalIenging/cool enough for me to bear and suffer through 15/20 hours of horrible fetch quests. Thats my dilemma. But Im close to sure this wont be an epic/great RPG future generations will talk about, like Baldurs Gate, Witcher or DA Origins were...

Last edited:
with any kind of quest

character motivation is important. I don't like helping people for the sake of helping people or to get an item that he just happens to have.

That's why you don't do them. Unless I need to for grinding purposes, I certainly don't intend on doing every last fetch quest.

Errrr i don't get what's wrong with having a trans male character? I think it's cool of bioware to include one seeing as i've never played a game with a trans male before. Although I think they could have handled it better by not choosing to have him voiced by a woman...

Sigh I hope this week goes by quickly. I need it to be Friday so amazon can deliver the game to me already!! The wait for Cullen's pixel peen is killing me

Errrr i don't get what's wrong with having a trans male character? I think it's cool of bioware to include one seeing as i've never played a game with a trans male before. Although I think they could have handled it better by not choosing to have him voiced by a woman...

Sigh I hope this week goes by quickly. I need it to be Friday so amazon can deliver the game to me already!! The wait for Cullen's pixel peen is killing me
Off topic, but who is this religious girl? She is nice :D

That's why you don't do them. Unless I need to for grinding purposes, I certainly don't intend on doing every last fetch quest.

ah but if you want something but it's not really tangible to your character

like say Power Points or Paragon Points. I was trying to get this piece of armor in AC:U and it said complete 40 random crowd events and you get this cool sleeve armor. It doesn't made any sense. It's "game-y". It'd make a lot more sense if the quest was from a tailor and you needed to steal some fabric the templars are hoarding or whatever only then will he design a sleeve to conceal your hidden blade better.

If you're referring to my Qunari picture that isn't the point.

In Qunari culture everyone is assigned a role and to stray from that role is violating the Qun(that's what I get from Sten anyway) and they side step this entirely(because of their SJW agenda?).

Top Bottom