Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
David Gaider actually confirmed ages ago that there will be no Sebastian or Shale type of companion DLC in DAI. Not right away anyway.
I recall he said something about how the compexity of companions and their role in story and gameplay this time prevents them of simply adding another fellow smoothly to game.

Although I'm a /little/ disappointed that means no extra companions, I am glad it means that the companions and plot are more interwoven.

As long as they're not total douche nozzles like Sebastian... they better be friggin amazing, like Shale. The grumpier the better. No more pussy white knights.

You shut your mouth Sebastian is amazing.
Yes he's one of those annoying religious types but he's got that cute scottish accent going on and it's nice to actually have a character that reacts to you sparing the crazy killer mage at the end. Flirting with him is hilarious and I love the dialogue between him and Isabela.

Final section

Pros and cons:
(kinda messy, sorry)
huge game world hasty entry
beautiful scenes and landscapes weak script, lame story
extremely busy and to collect partially great contradiction between the told and mock
four races, three classes to choose from too little credible reactions to the protagonists
fight in real time or paused no response to gezückte weapons, theft or fighting
devastating battle combos work out their own role quasi žböseâ € œ â € not playable
Climbing in canyons, caves and canyons only a few towns or settlements with little life of its own
Dialogues with multiple answers no weapon switching in combat
Decisions with consequences sterile Menu and Itemdesign
Missions at the card table delegate hectic battles between Action and Planning
various romances incl. own quests, you can not zoom out in pause mode
Weapons & armor tinker, potions too little tactics possible in the field (height, cover, etc.)
German speech and text commands such as â € œ haltenâ € žStellung be ignored
Quick travel and mounts to little real exploration stimuli, too many spoilers
save manually at any time, good Autosaves death of the party or companions without consequences
four levels of difficulty terribly bleak secret search & unpretentious mini-games
political situation retroactively prepare completely incongruous collection tasks, many
08 / 15- Quests
Facial expression, gesture & Co too stiff with many figures
Weak Horse animations
some bad dialogue, supporting roles spoken listlessly
many unnecessary Inquisition bonuses
hardly possible strategy at the card table
different fractions hardly noticeable as acting powers
Adapted control, but not really for mouse / keyboard optimized (PC)
some graphics and collision detection errors

The introduction page I posted was actually the conclusion page, sorry.

---------- Updated at 11:18 AM ----------

You shut your mouth Sebastian is amazing.

I don't normally tell people their opinions are wrong, but when I do, it's true.

So I was thinking about picking up DA:I, until I learned that it's region-locked for my country and I can't get english language in it. What a joke.

So got the game running ( VPN+ Korean Proxy ). Performance is good except for any dialogue/cinematic where the devs fucked up by forcing the game to lock to 30.

WTF where they thinking?

Seems like the traditional German PC reviewers are the most trust-worthy here (4players and Gamestar). DA Inquisition is IMHO a mess, a mediocre game through and through that benefits from only three points: lack of competition (especially on console), being a Bioware game and being better than Dragon Age 2 in some aspects. At the same time it integrated some of the worst trends in current gaming (especially making a big open world without filling it with meaningful content and without making it also a "lifelike" believable world).

It seems like Bioware copied parts of Skyrim, Assassin's Creed/Watch_Dogs and Dragon Age 2 and mixed them together without any care what the strengths of the respective games were and how they were achieved. In the process they forgot or ignored their own strengths of previous games and the result is a "trend or focus group driven game for the mainstream" without any specfic strength. Yeah, the world is big, good looking and filled with content. But how much of this "content" is really meaningful? And how much is just the typcial Assassin's Creed style meaningless distraction aka collection the next item for some pointless achievment or weapon you don't even need because the combat is lacking both challenge and depth? DA Origins was good because of three basic but well done strengths: a hard, gritty fantasy world with meaningful quests, well done characters and a focused narrative (no matter what you did), a really tactical combat system focused on the whole party and party interaction and classic RPG qualities like equipping and levelling up your party and gear and deciding how you want to progress with your party and characters. Inquisition has NONE of that or at least nothing even close to that level. Instead we have dozends of items to collect, dozens of simple fetch quests to master and nice visuals. Yeah, exactly what I expect from a story-driven RPG, marketed as the successor to Dragon Age Origins...

If this is really the future of RPGs I gladly leave the AAA market in this genre for good. I'm just glad that other companies haven't forgotten what good story-driven RPGs are all about so I'm looking forward to Pillars of Eternity and alike.

Last edited:
I feel for you there, man. Sorry to hear that.

Stupid EA policies. And it's not that I'm against my own language in the game, but the quality of translation is usually lackluster and all the names and such look weird that way. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Stupid EA policies. And it's not that I'm against my own language in the game, but the quality of translation is usually lackluster and all the names and such look weird that way. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

I would like to hear Cullen speaking Russian for.... research purposes

Unfortunately my German is a little inadequate :D (like most of us here i suppose) So we cannot constructively discussed this contrast between these two articles. Can we?
It says basically that while the world is beautiful, they copied Skyrim without adapting that game's strengths. They knock the world as being static and MMO-like.

So got the game running ( VPN+ Korean Proxy ). Performance is good except for any dialogue/cinematic where the devs fucked up by forcing the game to lock to 30.

WTF where they thinking?
I heard that from TotalBiscuit or someone. That's strange.

Not even the masculinity of Russia could take the bitch out of Cullen.
You're so mean, lol.

Top Bottom