Game Awards 2014 - Most Anticipated Games- Witcher 3 - Fans Choice

+
^^ SOD trailer was also a compilation of footage taken from different builds of the game. That's why there is visual inconsistencies even within the SOD trailer. A more accurate comparison would be the 30 minute gamepaly demo.

Lol. While I don't think it deserves an explanation as soon as possible, it does indeed warrant an explanation. But for all we know the explanation may be as simple as "that wasn't the latest build of the game." :p

Well, if they want to limit the damage this could do to their reputation and the sales then yes, i think they should explain it as soon as they can. Not for my sake, I can wait, I don't lose anything but they might.

Well, if they want to limit the damage this could do to their reputation and the sales then yes, i think they should explain it as soon as they can. Not for my sake, I can wait, I don't lose anything but they might.

they might not be able to explain though, thats definitely a possibility

admitting your game looks way worse in consoles, or that because of those machines the whole game had to be downgraded, si something i doubt MS or Sony would let you do.

Does anyone else find it odd this trailer wasn't in 60FPS when youtube supports it now? Kinda thinking it was made before youtube started supporting 60FPS. That or it really is console footage.

Last edited:
they might not be able to explain though, thats definitely a possibility

admitting your game looks way worse in consoles, or that because of those machines the whole game had to be downgraded, si something i doubt MS or Sony would let you do.

They don't have to say it looks worse on consoles. To just say which version was in the trailer and to tell us what each future game play demo is running on we can see for ourselves. Surely MS or Sony couldn't kick up a fuss over that

Don't agree with him, but don't agree with your words either, everyone have their own opinions.

I voted for the witcher 3 : wild hunt, i don't see any other game close to this in any aspect.

Read my post again, I didn't say that the new trailer looks better than SoD ;) I don't know how @slimgrin got this impression.

They don't have to say it looks worse on consoles. To just say which version was in the trailer and to tell us what each future game play demo is running on we can see for ourselves. Surely MS or Sony couldn't kick up a fuss over that

Its kind of implied though, i mean, CDPR is totally adopting the policy of "the game looks great and similar in all platforms", and then if you do a pc trailer, and console one, the difference is clear, very clear. Instead they just show the trailers and say, this is the game, thats it.

Okay 2 things. 1. I said this along time ago, devs said straight up that any time spent on making trailers for all of us crazy obsessed witcher fans cuts into their precious time spent on making/polishing the game. The same guys who put these trailers together are the same guys who make the fucking game. Also witcher games are well known to have always had better looking in game graphics than their cutscenes. I'm not worried, at least not yet and neither should you. Good night again ;)

Last edited:
Its kind of implied though, i mean, CDPR is totally adopting the policy of "the game looks great and similar in all platforms", and then if you do a pc trailer, and console one, the difference is clear, very clear. Instead they just show the trailers and say, this is the game, thats it.

They told us what the game play vids were running on, I don't see why that can't do the same here.

They told us what the game play vids were running on, I don't see why that can't do the same here.

i dont know, i mean, its much more difficult to judge from those gameplay videos, plus those arent so marketing oriented as are the trailers.

Im not saying things are like this, but i think its a possibility that RED in general is trying to avoid openly showing a possible brutal difference between consoles and PC-

Okay 2 things. 1. I said this along time ago, devs said straight up that any time spent on making trailers for all of us crazy obsessed witcher fans cut into their precious time spent on making/polishing the game. The same guys who put these trailers together are the same guys who make the fucking game. Also witcher games are well known to have always had better looking in game graphics than their cutscenes. I'm not worried, at least not yet and neither should you. Good night again ;)
True. The Witcher 2 hardly looked like it does here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdiK8uaduZs&

The only trailer that looked like the final product was the launch trailer (Which was released 10 or so months after that one just before release. The E3 build is 10 months old and it will be a year old near the launch of the game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk5r1mP6om8&

I think the launch trailer will be the final trailer to base real graphical quality off of (If The Witcher 2 is anything to go by). Of course even then it's a trailer and the game will obviously be the final end to tell. Launch trailers usually release early though

Last edited:
Okay 2 things. 1. I said this along time ago, devs said straight up that any time spent on making trailers for all of us crazy obsessed witcher fans cut into their precious time spent on making/polishing the game. The same guys who put these trailers together are the same guys who make the fucking game. Also witcher games are well known to have always had better looking in game graphics than their cutscenes. I'm not worried, at least not yet and neither should you. Good night again ;)

I don't know about the previous games as i didn't follow them at the time but please don't tell people not to be worried. I'm glad you have confidence that everything is fine but it comes off as condescending when you tell people they shouldn't be worrying even if it is too early to know for sure. Besides there's nothing wrong with a healthy bit of skepticism.

so any guess as to who this might be? red/maroon coloured robe, too many rings on one hand, holding what looks to be a staff?
View attachment 8076

Attachments

• z0cDiXh.jpg
    z0cDiXh.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 42
True. The Witcher 2 hardly looked like it does here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdiK8uaduZs&

The only trailer that looked like the final product was the launch trailer (Which was released 10 or so months after that one just before release. The E3 build is 10 months old and it will be a year old near the launch of the game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk5r1mP6om8&

I think the launch trailer will be the final trailer to base real graphical quality off of (If The Witcher 2 is anything to go by). Of course even then it's a trailer and the game will obviously be the final end to tell. Launch trailers usually release early though
HaHa.. That first trailer, was so NOT Geralts Face!!! Damn, I see how things can change a lot really fast. ONLY 80 dayz left! Aaaah fucking Aaaah;)

Top Bottom