Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
People commenting faster then I can read. :p
I really don't get what all the fuzz is about. We have already seen 35 minutes of gameplay and there is absolutly no reason I can think of why the quality in the final game will be less. If the quality of that gameplay demo doesn't satisfy you, then frankly I think nothing will, and there is no point in shouting and complaining about it.

To those wanting a response from CD Projekt RED about graphics downgrade. Grow up and use your brain. CD Projekt RED doesn't spoon feed people. The only time you can complain about downgrades is when the game gets released. Because right now, the game is not finished. Still a work in progress.
Take the SOD trailer and compare it to the PC released game and then shout downgrade. Take this new trailer and compare it with the console released version and scream downgrade. Only after the game is released, is when you can be taken seriously about downgrade. I will even jump on the bandwagon then. Well after I finished playing the game.

I disagree with this. The whole point of the pre-release material is to instill in you a strong impression. So far the shared materials have been all over the place. After the whole fiasco with Dark Souls and Watch Dogs you can't blame people being careful with their money. We can add the fact it's the first simultaneous major release in the studio's history and the promises given since day 1. You can see why people are concerned. The way some of the posters voice their opinion is a whole other matter.

Downgrade my ass.
There are several reasons to not just "assume" that it is a downgrade.

1. CDPR haven't said anything yet
2. The trailer could be made from different footages made from different builds of the game, that's not uncommon
3. The trailer could be made from different footages made from different platform versions (lowtex being Xbox, better quality being either PS4 or PC)
4. We have seen the awesome PS4 screenshots of late
5. We have seen the 35 minutes demo which was consistent gameplay and live and did have a decent framerate, so there is no reason to downgrade even if this was on PC (which it was not, at least not all of it, some of the 35 min demo versions were on Xbox as well, at least that's what they said back then)

Last but not least, even if there would be a downgrade, WHO THE HELL cares? I just want a good game in terms of narrative and gameplay, f*** the graphics.

ughh threads like this are soo annoying whining and bitching about graphics all the time
graphics aren't everything you know?

but these days gamers will take graphics instead of good gameplay and story

And what about this one (or do we have to nitpick just bad ones?)? I still think we should wait for next version or another trailer..

Leaving compression aside, it looks like some details like textures, geometry didn't load during capture (maybe some layers were turned off by default). Normally it would get noticed when editing but they overlooked some scense from lack of time as been told. Let's see how the new render will look like.

And what about this one (or do we have to nicpick just bad ones? I still think we should wait for next version or another trailer..

With this one the compression and distance hinders my ability to judge it. NOW, with the previous pictures we have such a close shot that the poor textures are discernible despite YT compression.

You don't understand me - I can understand concerns and different opinions, but not judging immediately when something is not how I want.

About 30 pages and few hours ago, I said if we shouldn't let devs explain it rather than jump to conclusions, but no - another 30 pages before one dev could say a thing about it. Unnecessary comments, vulgarities, comparing to bad companies, accusing of lies. Why not to wait a little bit and give a chance to the other side?
This is just like some stupid medieval trials, where even the dumbest person perfectly knew that he/she is guilty, because I am the one who is louder, so I am always right.

I would like to meet these people when the game will be out and if that will be great game. What would they do? Just simply "sorry", I was calling you "liars"? Sorry, I helped to create panic, which can damage your reputation?
i am not sure if that game will be great, but I would never judge it now, still early before release and after one trailer recorded in big hurry.

Yeah this reminds me of that video where the parents "took" the candies of their children during Halloween. Crying like babies before seeing the big picture. The worst part of the PC community that I really hate. The explanation of Evil makes so much sense.

ughh threads like this are soo annoying whining and bitching about graphics all the time
graphics aren't everything but these days gamers will take graphics instead of good gameplay and story

My main grievance with newer games is that a lot of devs seem incapable of making video game characters that are actually video game characters. If i wanted to watch tv like characters i would watch tv.

Same here, it's just a few people trippin that's all.
Few? I suggest you to start reading posts from page 1... The game is obviously downgraded and I hope you are not that silly to believe into YT compression excuse...Compression has nothing to do with the actual in-game texturing. Recent trailer looks like crap compared to VGX or SoD trailers, even E3 build looked better..

@sfinx121 I hate to be a downer, but that screenshot still looks bad/ You should've taken a screenshot of Yennifer instead. Her model is pretty high res :p

Looks really bland and rough. Neither graphics nor trailer was great... waiting for new footage to judge. I want some new gameplay - no more story trailers, please.

Yeah this reminds me of that video where the parents "took" the candies of their children during Halloween. Crying like babies before seeing the big picture. The worst part of the PC community that I really hate. The explanation of Evil makes so much sense.
Saw it - just not sure if that was Connan or Kimmel or someone else..

@sfinx121 I hate to be a downer, but that screenshot still looks bad/ You should've taken a screenshot of Yennifer instead. Her model is pretty high res :p
That was another candidate, picture from behind (her right hand :D )

And what about this one (or do we have to nitpick just bad ones?)? I still think we should wait for next version or another trailer..

If you think that is the graphics they will release the game as, well then they could port it to my old ps2 as well. :D

Few? I suggest you to start reading posts from page 1... The game is obviously downgraded and I hope you are not that silly to believe into YT compression excuse...Compression has nothing to do with the actual in-game texturing. Recent trailer looks like crap compared to VGX or SoD trailers, even E3 build looked better..

I hope you are not that silly to believe that some of those textures are legit, obviously there is something not right with the actual footage, that's some 10 years old textures we seen, come on. :/

If you think that is the graphics they will release the game as, well then they could port it to my old ps2 as well. :D
i don't think anything yet. To be honest, I don't care about graphic much. But I just wanted to show how different can hunters look in one trailer, so why just not wait?

damm peopple really care about graphics this much (as evident by this ridiculous thread)??

Graphics matter, but not the most, what is essential that nowadays people are fed up with lies spread by game developers (downgrades, bugs etc.) and if you hear CDPR praising The Witcher 3, people expect it's game to be something truly awesome.
Hype kills this game, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom