Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
crazy really and sadly this seems to apply to a lot of people on this forum (and elsewhere)
"ohh no the graphics are bad the game is going to suck" who cares about story or gameplay?
pathetic and not real TW fans in my opinion
I have read every book multiple times, sunk many hours into both games, and yet I'm still frustrated with CD Projekt.

I have read every book multiple times, sunk many hours into both games, and yet I'm still frustrated with CD Projekt.
There is a little difference between "being frustrated as a fan of the series" and "I won't buy the game anymore and I won't recommend it to friends", don't you think? ;)

I'm worrying about every new (or old) self-proclaimed fan of the Witcher series (or even video games in general) with that kind of thinking...

Why were you interested in Witcher 3 in the first place? Just because it looked great in a very early trailer?

So you don't care about good and fun gameplay and combat, great storytelling, deep character interaction, exploration, great art design, awesome soundtrack, clever quest design, huge amount of meaningful content, roleplaying features, choices and consequences and so on?

You don't like the game anymore and you won't recommend it anymore because the game probably or possibly will look slightly less good than in a very early trailer? Maybe 10% or even 20% less good than in some pre-release trailer?

Sorry, but that's something I will never understand. You don't value any other core feature of the game, just graphics?

I guess it's just people realizing that even CDPR are just human. And like any other company they struggle with deadlines and technical stuff.
If people seriously believe that CDPR will bend over backwards and make their game exactly how one imagines it in ones head, then maybe its good that this trailer knocked a few guys ridiculous standards down a peg.
Who knows? Maybe itll look better or worse on launch, but is that really the main reason you should play the witcher? W1 was graphically underwhelming even at its time, yet it still is my favourite in the series. Perhaps they should overthink what they really should like about the witcher games

I for one am witholding judgment till I get my hands on the game, played through it and had time to ponder over it. Right now im sort of an equilibrium where the "zOMG best game evah!" and "BLARG! Worst game evah" camps look equally ridiculous to me.

Edit: Sorry Kinley, I will stop now.

Yeah, this is going places, there is something seriously wrong with your so called 'ultra' settings............... moving on.

Attachments

• DragonAgeInquisition 2014-12-07 01-41-17-24.jpg
    DragonAgeInquisition 2014-12-07 01-41-17-24.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I guess it's just people realizing that even CDPR are just human. And like any other company they struggle with deadlines and technical stuff.
If people seriously believe that CDPR will bend over backwards and make their game exactly how one imagines it in ones head, then maybe its good that this trailer knocked a few guys ridiculous standards down a peg.
Who knows? Maybe itll look better or worse on launch, but is that really the main reason you should play the witcher? W1 was graphically underwhelming even at its time, yet it still is my favourite in the series. Perhaps they should overthink what they really should like about the witcher games

I for one am witholding judgment till I get my hands on the game, played through it and had time to ponder over it. Right now im sort of an equilibrium where the "zOMG best game evah!" and "BLARG! Worst game evah" camps look equally ridiculous to me.

Edit: Sorry Kinley, I will stop now.

its a shame there aren't more reasonable people like you around here
agree completely!

Who knows? Maybe itll look better or worse on launch, but is that really the main reason you should play the witcher?

This. People on this thread should really ask themselves this simple question.

I'm with you on the overall prospect for the game. I'm still looking forward to it, very much so, but I'm also quite sure that there will be quite some things that will frustrate and downright disappoint me. Well, that's even pretty natural given the game's mainstream nature (now). I just don't think that the question whether the final graphics will be 10% better or 10% worse than in early screenshots will seriously affect the fun I'll probably have with the game in any significant way...

This game looks amazing, i checked out the Famitsu ps4 screenshots and it looks pretty great from what i saw, if it looks even remotely like that then it's a winner in my book.

And please shut the fuck about "consoles making it worse, bringing pc down", nobody cares (aside from the 200 something rabid people here).

I say wait until the game comes out before turning into a pair of bitches in heat.

I'm worrying about every new (or old) self-proclaimed fan of the Witcher series (or even video games in general) with that kind of thinking...

Why were you interested in Witcher 3 in the first place? Just because it looked great in a very early trailer?

So you don't care about good and fun gameplay and combat, great storytelling, deep character interaction, exploration, great art design, awesome soundtrack, clever quest design, huge amount of meaningful content, roleplaying features, choices and consequences and so on?

You don't like the game anymore and you won't recommend it anymore because the game probably or possibly will look slightly less good than in a very early trailer? Maybe 10% or even 20% less good than in some pre-release trailer?

Sorry, but that's something I will never understand. You don't value any other core feature of the game, just graphics? And you only buy or recommend a game if the graphics is the "best ever created"???

If "fans" cancel their pre-order because of this, they hardly are fans. Incredible how big they judge based on a rushed 1 minute trailer.

So, my conclusions to the newly released trailer:
- Gamers are not very smart people and need their dose of daily drama and big meaningless words.
- Frost effect is bad, even in 1080p.
- Cinematography of cutscenes doesn't look very good, if those shots were taken from cutscenes of the final game.
- The part where Ciri is slow-motionly dodging an attack is the same dodge used by Geralt in slow-motion during his Letho fight. Call it a wink if you want. I thought it was a bit gimmicky.
- When you use a technique to display explosions in 2D (I don't know how it works exactly), don't make the camera around the explosion, it completely destroys the effect. People in heavy armor flying from the explosion is a bit ridiculous too.
- Finally, too much close-ups showing textures that could be good in any case but a close-up.

All the other bad part of the trailer can be explained by the fact they had to make it quickly (so, another peasant tells me how he met the Hunt, Ciri and Yennefer are running again, and tons of punchlines -- which are, by the way, less interesting than what I've heard in TW2 trailers so far).

What's good about it:
- Music is very distinctive. I don't know if I will be able to bear 100 hours of this music style though.
- Yennefer looks "good".

Trailer instantly forgotten and forgiven then. Now I hope they'll focus on showing interesting things about the game (extensive demo of combat, a bit more of a quest, and why they went open world...), because we're less than 3 months from release and I feel like I don't know enough of it.

I cancelled my pre-ordered Collector edition by the way, some weeks ago. Still getting the game on GoG with the nice offers, but well, I'm a bit disappointed by what I saw, heard and read about the game so far. I'm still following the hype train but running out of it becomes exhausting.

They lied? Will this be the game that ruins their relationship with the fan base?

Not sure if serious....

Maybe it will be the game that ruins their relationship with the (old) fan base, maybe not. But in any case, graphics most likely won't have much to do with that imo. I dare to say that the biggest part of the (old) fan base doesn't adore the series primarily because of its technical fidelity or graphics... ;)

I dare to say that the biggest part of the (old) fan base doesn't adore the series primarily because of its technical fidelity or graphics...

You would be wrong then I think. I can't speak for anyone but myself but what I loved about TW1, besides story of course, were the graphics. It wasn't great on a technical level but it was amazing on an artistic level.

The issue here isn't about graphical quality but CDPR openly lying to their consumer base by claiming the game would look better then sword of destiny footage when it came out: Say what you will about this trailer, it sure as shit doesn't beat sword of destiny.

lol deserves you people right
CDPR is a good developer no question but people on this forum and on others too were thinking like they are some kind of Gaming God who will do everything people want they are perfect, very childish and your reaction tops this off
I treated them like any other good company and I will still be buying TW3 on release but thanks for the laugh

I said I'd do two things: be cautious with pre-order, and no more premature recommendations. In case you haven't worked that out, it means I will hold off my hype and judgment for the game until its release, which is on a similar ground as your action of "buying TW3 on release." Does this comes across to you as so unreasonable that it deserves to be laughed at?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom