The Witcher 3 appreciation thread

+
To also add something to the appreciation, I recently just got one of my friends into Witcher 2. He previously only played MMO like WoW etc. So you get the picture. When he was doing the In the Claw of Madness quest, he went into it expecting a typical WoW style side quest, and had his butt shocked off when he discovered the complexity behind it, and that one quest got him hooked. He is now on his way to become a Witcher fan.

Awesome job to CDPR in making very very interesting and deep quests, even the "side" ones. Blurring the line between main and side quests is one of Witcher franchise's greatest features.

Im not to happy about another delay, but atleast they got balls to admit that they need more time to optimise and polish their game. I wish you best of luck, CDPR, and I hope you will make a trully amazing and inspiring RPG!

Plus, after delay I have got more time to finish the awesome Witcher books! :)

When they first announce Witcher3 and with all things they want to put inside;
(Open world bigger than Skyrim, square miles -this and that , horses - mounted combat?,jumping etc...)
I think -oh how will they put it everything inside to work?
(then diving, then crossbow)
And I think c'mon -when will they stop with it.
(I just wanted w2 gameplay with w1 mood- nothing fancy)

Then of course came delays which was pretty much expected .
Scope of vision was just to overwhelming to finish in time

Having said that,
of course CDPR have our love, because we love Witcher lore,
but most off all;
we love what they create so far (w1 and w2), their enthusiasm and will to make this final chapter something special and unique.
Best of luck from Croatia and stay well
(sorry for my poor grammar)

CDPR stands on top of my most respected developer. They own the first place and they're never going down. I loved the Witcher series, enjoyed every tiny bit of both previous games; the story, the mechanics, the gripping atmosphere, the eye-candy visuals.....the list goes on. CDPR are honest with their fans, about their struggles, achievements and even failures, they hear people out and they deliver quality. I want CDPR to stay the way it is, the team is getting bigger and bigger by day and I don't want to see the direction of the team change from quality-oriented to market-oriented. We have enough money hungry developers out there and CDPR is a light of hope.

Go strong and be prosperous CDPR. *Salutes and sheds a tear in his left eye*

Th delay inspired me to grab a copy of W2 that I found in the bargain bin ($20), and borrow a friends sister's Xbox 360 just to officially get my first taste of a witcher game (I've only read the novels to this point). Can't wait to sink my teeth into it over Christmas and hope the dev team have the extra polishing Time they need to bring a better product in May. Their shareholders meeting announced the game was on track to be completed (minus bugs and optimizing) before years end....hopefully we get a little update to verify the milestone :)

The Witcher 2 is my favorite RPG. The Witcher 3 with its open world will blow me away for sure. But damn, it's a long wait until May 19. I'm a big fan of CD Projekt RED and how they treat their customers and I wish them all the best and much success.

I loved both previous games as well!
The atmosphere was so great in both games! I remember coming to Flotsam for the first time.
Even though i played it on low settings,I thought it looked beautiful and I didn't want to leave Flotsam because this little village was so calm and relaxing with the music fitting in so well =D
But I did in the end =P
The first one i also liked the landscape and everything, both are my favorite RPGs and I'm going to replay them once more before May 19th (if I can, gotta start with my Masterthesis then).
I'm impatiently awaiting this masterpiece =)

I loved both previous games as well!
The atmosphere was so great in both games! I remember coming to Flotsam for the first time.
Even though i played it on low settings,I thought it looked beautiful and I didn't want to leave Flotsam because this little village was so calm and relaxing with the music fitting in so well =D
But I did in the end =P
The first one i also liked the landscape and everything, both are my favorite RPGs and I'm going to replay them once more before May 19th (if I can, gotta start with my Masterthesis then).
I'm impatiently awaiting this masterpiece =)
Oh my beloved Flotsam.......leaving that place was one of the hardest things to do ingame lol. The beautiful architecture, the sounds, the music, the feeling of danger you'd get as you stepped outside the gates.

Oh my beloved Flotsam.......leaving that place was one of the hardest things to do ingame lol. The beautiful architecture, the sounds, the music, the feeling of danger you'd get as you stepped outside the gates.

I highly recommend you visit the corn fields in The Witcher 1 Act 4, if you like Flotsam you ll melt with the whole
feeling of Act 4 in TW1 i promise that one to you. ;)

When the game releases hopefully they patch the game to support DX12, having a performance boost for my GTX 780 would be nice.

Better delay than the shits other developers have been doing. Hell, even kojima P. has gone down when he released his glorified demo, and his sheep keep justifying it.
As a recent fan, i hope the best for CDred

I appreciate this

How cute this is...

I've been a bit negative on the forums lately, nitpicking and all. But just now I read the long previews translated by the amazing @gregski and I want to say damn...

The love & hype is stronger than ever, guys. I'm really proud of you, I'll say it again: I'm really proud of you.

A sincere thank you for everything, my friends.

@Marcin Momot, tell everyone at CDPR they have a die hard fan who's living amidst the war in Syria, cheering for them each and every step of the way, even though his PC will never be able to run the W3.

Last edited:
If you really want to appreciate Witcher 3, you must read the books, only those who read the books will truly (and I mean truly) understand what Witcher 3 is going to be for the Witcher series.

Now purely speaking about the games, I did not read the books first before playing the games as many of you here have, I try not to be fanboy-ish to anything but the Witcher series has won me over with something way more powerful than an Axii sign or a love potion made by a sorceress would ever do, it taught me many things about morality and choices and their consequences, it taught me that there is no black or white (as in true good or true evil), but only shades of grey in life, it gave me good storytelling and memorable characters with deep lessons about trying to do good ending up causing evil things to happen by accident, it also taught me about the ugly side of humanity that exists in the real world.

I know this will sound strange, but if I become a father in the future, I will force my children to play the Witcher series if it's possible when they become of proper age, the Storytelling of the Witcher series is something that should be experienced by everyone, and I really really hope that games in the future will try to be as ambitious as the Witcher games were in their storytelling.

If a game series makes you read its source material (the Witcher books) twice so far, then you know that you have a gem in your hands :p

Well done, CDPR, and best of luck on the Witcher 3.

:cheers:

If you really want to appreciate Witcher 3, you must read the books, only those who read the books will truly (and I mean truly) understand what Witcher 3 is going to be for the Witcher series.

I still haven't finished the books, and when I did my first playthrough I still hadn't started reading them, yet somehow I managed to put in 1000's of hours in TW2 and still appreciated it. Different people have different ways of enjoying games.

I still haven't finished the books, and when I did my first playthrough I still hadn't started reading them, yet somehow I managed to put in 1000's of hours in TW2 and still appreciated it. Different people have different ways of enjoying games.

Thousands of hours in Witcher 2 ... Badass :p

It is different for Witcher 3 though, the backbone of Witcher 3's story lies in the final two books (Tower of the Swallow and Lady of the Lake), reading those books before playing Witcher 3 will make the game so much better, it made the wait for Witcher 3 that much worse for me, hehe, I do really hope the game will live to its hype, it will take an effort to not deliver on the story CDPR has on their hands :p

Top Bottom