The Witcher 3 appreciation thread

+
Witcher 3 appreciation thread, what people like, positive things about the game :)

So what does everyone like about the game so far, I like the dynamics of the world how ti works, the huge world and amazing combat. The graphics look great in my opinion and the customization for Geralt looks awesome :)

Well.

Kind of don't like HOW LONG I HAVE TO WAIT ARGGH NURRG JJKJDDHHDHD

Other than THAT detail, I like everything I've seen.

Oh, the beard is not a thing for me. Also some of the haircuts are dumb. And that armour looked kind of...breathless. "Breathe in..good good...now just hold that. Forrr..two hundred hours or so. Great."

But thaaaaaat's it. Tiny, unimportant things.

Mostly it's that I can't play it. Right now.

And that I know -KNOW- those CDPR bastards are playing Witcher 3 every. Damn. Day! And they aren't sick of it! Damien said he hasn't played even close to all of it! Or something like that. I couldn't hear that clearly with the voices in my head and all.

So they get to test it AND STILL be surprised by new stuff! Urgh.

If envy was a colour, I would be that colour.

So,yeah. The wait. Also because when it comes out, SO MANY of the issues we're worried about will be cleared up. And, you know, replaced by NEW issues, but hey. That's life.

I just want it to come out. And I want to take a week off work and just play it. While nude. Maybe.

Thanks - Merged :)

(Im also considering taking moderator action against Sard for going off-topic, but it's Monday. And Sard. )

Pbbbl. I was on topic! I appreciate nearly everything about the game! It's just a shorter list to say what I don't appreciate. It's like...music! The spaces between the notes, right? Well, this was the spaces!

Man, the mods here, amirite, Dragon?

I like everthing I have seen so far, the use of texture and colors is brilliant.
European game developers are 2nd to none.

Thank you for reviving this thread. Unfortunately people tend to post more comments about stuff they don't like and forget to post things they actually like. For a game to be better It definitely needs to be criticised by fans but when 95% of comments are negative it must be really hard for the devs who work their asses off to make the best game they can for us. Let's try to post more positive stuff so we can balance the % to hopefully 50-50.

The city.

All the urban footage I've seen looks alive. Like as in, "if I woke up there tomorrow, I'd think it was real" alive. This is really important to me - more so than pretty countryside and nice sunsets. It's people that make my world interesting, and that applies to game worlds as well.

The music, Oh God dat music. The combat and animations are also looking pretty good too. Looks like those dashes are instant and quick.
Oh yeah, the soundtrack and the sound design in general is incredible! I said it before but the animations look way better than before especially compared to W2.

---------- Updated at 02:29 AM ----------

The city.

All the urban footage I've seen looks alive. Like as in, "if I woke up there tomorrow, I'd think it was real" alive. This is really important to me - more so than pretty countryside and nice sunsets. It's people that make my world interesting, and that applies to game worlds as well.

I hope we get to see more of Novigrad.

1. I like the idea of the interactive would where your choices matter. I mean, based on the Witcher 2 they'd be crazy not to have player choice matter. But player choice seems to really be an emphasis with the 36 different world states. As far as the interactive world I love that npcs interact with each other in really interesting ways (like bandit fight attracting beasts from the woods). The time of day effects how everything is organized.
2. I like the way that it sounds like they are designing quests for the game and how the quests effect the game. http://www.makinggames.biz/features/quest-design-in-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt,6896.html.
3. I like the apparent vastness of the world. 130 + square km of horseback and boating adventure. Including Novigrad, Skellidge, Velen (maybe including Gors Velen (please)), Kaer Morhen, and Vizima all in one game sounds great. Not only that but the scale seems great and the balance of points of interest and open spaces sounds like they are trying to avoid some of the pitfalls of other open world games.
4. I like the way combat looks. Strategic and complicated but still fluid.
5. The soundtrack.
6. The graphics. It looks really good to me.
7. I can't say 100% about the story or the characters because we obviously haven't played the game yet. But based on everything I have seen the characters, dialogue and focus of the story seems really strong. I love that Yen, Ciri and the Wild Hunt have all been added. I've heard from a few different devs that it's a non-linear story which seems really exciting (reminds me of Mass Effect 1).

I have never played TW3, but I think I'm in love.
I'm sorda sick now, I can't play other games anymore. Every time I try to play other games I fail, because I keep thinking about TW3 :heart:.
May must come soon to heal me.

And guys... The WIND on the last gameplay video! Looks @#$%& awesome!! :2guns:

The city.

Someone posted a picture last week on N4G and my jaw dropped open, it showed a character riding uphill into a castle and between the shades and foliage, it looked photo realistic. Amazing.

3. I like the apparent vastness of the world. 130 + square km of horseback and boating adventure. Including Novigrad, Skellidge, Velen (maybe including Gors Velen (please)), Kaer Morhen, and Vizima

Don't forgot Oxenfurt ;) View attachment 11122

Attachments

• 7db390cc74.jpg
    7db390cc74.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 5f863e55f0.jpg
    5f863e55f0.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 80
All days i view all the news about this game, this is crazy! i further follow every step of CDProjekt and fan videos, interviews, info, etc etc... i finished witcher 1 (is awesome really RPG in pure solid state) and Witcher 2 (action and good gamemplay with concecuences), i have to say i believe in CD Projekt in all the sorts, Gameplay, History, Have Fun,Good Enemies and Monsters, Graphics, because regardless the downgrade issue, the game looks really really good! (smokes, little particles, shadows respecting the realtime ilumination, the clouds are moving like the realtime like a real life xD, the wind affect all the enviroment, etc etc)! and it is their first time with a multiplatform release (Ps4, Xbone, PC) they are a bit nervious i think, but i trust that they gonna to make it! i will buy their fucking awesome game!

i will wait the PC version, and hope the best of this version,
USTEDES SON CHINGONES (all of you are amazing)!
thank you !

Greetings from Mexico

Got into the the series half a year after Witcher 2 came out right after I built my first gaming computer when it was suggested as an excellent game to test my new comp on. After reading up on the lore I bought it and had a blast!

After beating the game I just had to get the books. Bought the two books that were out at the time and read fan translations of the rest. I am extremely excited to finish Geralt's story properly in the Witcher 3! It's not only about story, I am the type of person who knows what she likes and just looking at the gameplay I know that I will enjoy it immensely.

Over the years CD Projekt Red has become my favorite game company due to their passion and hard work and their track record for creating a quality experience!

I was introduced to the Witcher series through the Witcher 2 reveal trailer. It encouraged me to purchase the Enhanced Edition for the original game and I was incredibly impressed with the story, gameplay, and music.

I eventually bought the CE for both Witcher games and have read all the books. My love for the saga has also encouraged me to visit Poland in the near future. I am friends with a few Poles at my workplace, and have found them to be incredibly hospitable & fun to be around with.

Keep up the great work with Witcher 3, CDPR. The graphics aren't of any particular concern to me, all I want is the CDPR charm of good storytelling & fun gameplay.

I seriously think there are nothing I don't like for now. A few things that bother me at most. CDPR has made both of the greatest rpg I ve ever played! I don't think The Witcher 3 will any different. As The Witcher determined my PC configuration I hope The Witcher 3 will define my next one ! CDPR you are the best ! I trust and love you so much giving us hope in this rotten industry again !

My little brother was playing the witcher two just after it came out-- and for me at that point, video game graphics never impressed me, I played marathon and civ and nwn and some ps2 games, I'd seen high graphics hannes before but they never *did it*-- but I literally stopped and watched him play for like four hours. It wasn't just the graphics, it was the delivery: I was dumbfounded by the cinematic quality, the way the conversations flowed like they were real, the decisions, the everything. "It's based on some books, but it follows on from them." MY GOD THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. he also showed me the opening cinematics and first bit of the prologue of the first game too, which made me ask all these questions, made me want to know more.

And from that point onwards (having never actually played the game) I regarded tw2 as the most beautiful video game in existence.

And then I forgot about it because I was young and feeble.

My partner asked me a few years ago what I knew about the witcher universe because he'd heard me mention it once before. I felt on the inside "im fan of this and I don't know why."

and then I lost time/keep losing time in the delicious tw1 and tw2 and all the books. and ridiculous quantities of drawings. SO many drawings.

I have no doubt tw3 will be breathtaking. I love what you've done with the story, Reds, continuing it and adding to it in such a loreful way-- and maintaining that wit! I love the music, the roots in Slavic culture speaking out. I love the concept arts and all the questions they raise. I love the pacing of knowing nothing from tw1 and then the trickles of story we get leading up to the finale. I love that you guys love the game you're making.

*affection*

Top Bottom