Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Though, David Gaider did say that the blood mage thing got exaggerated because the gameplay people wanted a lot of enemies to fight. Orsino, for example, wasn't originally intended to turn until they decided they needed another boss battle.

Wow... lol. smh

I only have 9 achievements left until I have got all of them. I don't think I will manage to complete them all before I go back to uni on Monday so I will save them for the Easter holidays instead.

I still need to kill all 10 dragons, beat the game on Nightmare and Hard (although I'm only one quest away from beating the game on hard but I've been dragging it out) and then do those silly achievements like use 100 grenades or potions in one playthrough or harvest 100 plants from the Skyhold garden.

I am quite surprised that I have managed to get so close to achieving all the achievements in the game. For Origins and DA2 I am still about 20 achievements away from completion (although I don't own all the DLC for those games so maybe that is why...)

I only have 9 achievements left until I have got all of them. I don't think I will manage to complete them all before I go back to uni on Monday so I will save them for the Easter holidays instead.

I still need to kill all 10 dragons, beat the game on Nightmare and Hard (although I'm only one quest away from beating the game on hard but I've been dragging it out) and then do those silly achievements like use 100 grenades or potions in one playthrough or harvest 100 plants from the Skyhold garden.

I am quite surprised that I have managed to get so close to achieving all the achievements in the game. For Origins and DA2 I am still about 20 achievements away from completion (although I don't own all the DLC for those games so maybe that is why...)
Skyhold garden harvesting is a fast one just put stuff in planters fast travel twice- harvest- fast travel away and back harvest repeat.

upgrade 30 potions is annoying me I don't want to collect so many herbs even buying out every merchant and harvesting them it takes for ever.

Skyhold garden harvesting is a fast one just put stuff in planters fast travel twice- harvest- fast travel away and back harvest repeat.

upgrade 30 potions is annoying me I don't want to collect so many herbs even buying out every merchant and harvesting them it takes for ever.

i find it's easier just sending Leliana on herb gathering missions at the beginning of the game while you do other things. Then you save the more interesting missions for later on

edit: taken on my phone but wtvr here is a photo of my Lavellan who will be doing my nightmare playthrough. Ain't she gorgeous?

Last edited:
Yeah I notice that Varric and Cassandra have a lot of things to say to each other, whereas if I have a party with Solas, Blackwall and Varric I'm lucky if they even speak to each other once.

Vivienne and Solas also have good conversations that are relatively frequent.

Cass and Sera just went through multiple conversations within 40 minutes.
Bull and Sera same thing.

Dorian varric blackwall... nothing while I cleaned out the whole stormcoast.

Cass and Sera just went through multiple conversations within 40 minutes.
Bull and Sera same thing.

Dorian varric blackwall... nothing while I cleaned out the whole stormcoast.

I've read it somwhere, that if you assemble your party via wartable, banters fire more often. Don't know if that's legit. I'll try to find a source.

---------- Updated at 12:57 AM ----------

Here it is.
http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2nu16v/cured_atleast_for_now_my_version_of_the_banter/

Last edited:
Anyone else annoyed by the crazy amount of fetch quests?
I mean I like the game and the characters especially but the story was way too short and instead we have soo many generic side quests in every region ughh

I've read it somwhere, that if you assemble your party via wartable, banters fire more often. Don't know if that's legit. I'll try to find a source.

---------- Updated at 12:57 AM ----------

Here it is.
http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2nu16v/cured_atleast_for_now_my_version_of_the_banter/

Oh wow. I was just playing the Storm Coast last night and was thinking "this music is so cool, how come I never noticed it before." It's probably because I often open up areas in the war table and then leave to do stuff in Haven/ Skyhold and use the world map to travel to the new places. So I've been missing banter and music in all these areas by doing so?!

In my first playthrough I barely got any banter but with each playthrough the amount my companions speak to each other has increased a little.

I've noticed that in the Hinterlands at the beginning, Varric, Cassandra and Solas talk a lot, but then after the first few initial quests, dialogue reduces significantly and sometimes I can go for an hour or so without any party dialogue.

For example, I know people say that if you don't romance Dorian or Iron Bull, their dialogue hints that they get together. Now I've played 4 playthroughs up until at least the final mission, and I haven't had that banter trigger once. I wish I could figure out what is going on with the banter in my game bc sometimes I have loads and then other times everyone is silent.

---------- Updated at 01:00 AM ----------

I mean I like the game and the characters especially but the story was way too short and instead we have soo many generic side quests in every region ughh

Hmmm honestly I've not really felt overhwelmed by fetch quests. And also I feel as though often the fetch quests' rewards are not power but what you get for doing them. So collecting ram meat to help the refugees gives you approval from solas and cole, which is useful bc Solas usually doesn't like me unless I'm a female elf who flirts with him to raise his approval.
Then you also get things like resources from killing wyverns or bears that are causing problems in the area.

The one thing I wish we had more of were the quests to capture forts. I find them a lot of fun! But to answer your question, I've found DA:I's fetch quests to feel far less numerous and annoying than Skyrim's.

So I've been missing banter and music in all these areas by doing so?!
Well, judging by the comments on reddit, it's true. I still forget to do this nearly every time though, so I don't have any personal experience with this method.

My suggestion would be if siding with the templars leave Emprise the lion alone. if siding with the mages don't even start exalted planes. Just leave complete areas unopened unless you really want a completionist run. Save some for a different play-through. Then the crazy amount of nonsensical fetching isn't too much.

I mean seriously I'm THE INQUISITOR I dabbled in politics, slew dragons and the empress is only alive because of me and you want me to gather elfroot for you??? seriously because it's to dangerous to go outside??? The elfroot grows directly behind your cabin wall... stupid healer.

Oh wow. I was just playing the Storm Coast last night and was thinking "this music is so cool, how come I never noticed it before." It's probably because I often open up areas in the war table and then leave to do stuff in Haven/ Skyhold and use the world map to travel to the new places. So I've been missing banter and music in all these areas by doing so?!

You're not the only one. It's such an annoyance though. What a stupid ass glitch.

My suggestion would be if siding with the templars leave Emprise the lion alone. if siding with the mages don't even start exalted planes. Just leave complete areas unopened unless you really want a completionist run. Save some for a different play-through. Then the crazy amount of nonsensical fetching isn't too much.

I mean seriously I'm THE INQUISITOR I dabbled in politics, slew dragons and the empress is only alive because of me and you want me to gather elfroot for you??? seriously because it's to dangerous to go outside??? The elfroot grows directly behind your cabin wall... stupid healer.

LOL this reminds me of when I sent Cullen on the war table to go and collect resources from Emprise Du Lion and because he mentions silverite I always hope he's going to find some but instead he always comes back with bloodstone. And then one time he came back with a SINGLE bloodstone. I was legit like "wtf Cullen!?! you sent Inquisition soldiers and all you could find was ONE bloodstone?!?! I established 2 camps next to sources of silverite but you couldn't even manage that????"

In fairness though you don't have to collect elfroot yourself if you send Leliana out to get it instead. I try to make up reasons as to why my Inquisitor is gathering herbs though. Mainly because I play as a mage I try to pretend that my character has an interest in alchemy. Or if I'm playing as an elf, I think that the Dalish are hunter gatherers so she just does it out of habit.......... or something idk

Emprise Du Lion and because he mentions silverite

Yeah he never brings back silverite here's a link to a post on reddit that a guy did 2800 runs on that one without Silverite.

Sending out agents for resources is mostly pure waste of time only two deliver rare herbs and only one gives tier3 metal the rest is barely good enough to sell. (except for maybe the throne accessories that you could get.) elfroot and other common herbs are barely 20 (14 after perks) gold a piece in the same village that stupid healer actually wants you to collect them. So the fastest way to collect them is actually buy them in bulk, not like I ever had gold problems I dropped 50K gold in power and inquisition level out of boredom.

Well actually you can just sell every crafting material that's not tier 3 or 4, why would I want nug skin if lurker scales give better stats. The second I'm crafting an armor I wont say lets take this not so good stuff because I have 200 of them.

Yeah he never brings back silverite here's a link to a post on reddit that a guy did 2800 runs on that one without Silverite.

Sending out agents for resources is mostly pure waste of time only two deliver rare herbs and only one gives tier3 metal the rest is barely good enough to sell. (except for maybe the throne accessories that you could get.) elfroot and other common herbs are barely 20 (14 after perks) gold a piece in the same village that stupid healer actually wants you to collect them. So the fastest way to collect them is actually buy them in bulk, not like I ever had gold problems I dropped 50K gold in power and inquisition level out of boredom.

Well actually you can just sell every crafting material that's not tier 3 or 4, why would I want nug skin if lurker scales give better stats. The second I'm crafting an armor I wont say lets take this not so good stuff because I have 200 of them.

Okay so it's true he never brings back Silverite.
On one hand I understand that Bioware want you explore so this is a way to encourage that but it is annoying that not only do they only bring back the same resource each time the resources aren't even that useful. Like Leliana brings back "rare" herbs on one mission but she only ever brings back royal elfroot which compared to other rare plants like dawn lotuses they're useless.

It would have been a lot better if you got 20-30 of a resource instead of the 2-6 things they take 10 minutes or so for. <5 minute run between camp 2 and 3 in emprise gives over 20 silverite and a bunch of other metal. and by fast-traveling back to camp two it resets the metals.

I do find it horrible that especially the one with Cullen mentions Silverite and Dawnstone (both tier 3 metals) and you'll only ever get mediocre tier 2 bloodstone. Seriously then don't write it in the text.

edit: actually if they just made an average of 2-3 tier 3 mats, 10 tier 2 and 20 tier one mats and set the timer of those missions up to 20-30 minutes it would have been more useful and still balanced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom