Screenshot & Artwork collection - Part II

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Moon is Huge and full in this game world, it makes perfect fucking sense guys! It is going to be Great, I bet caves/mines/dungeons will be darker and Geralt looks like a total fucking bad ass monster slayer! I Iike it ;)

Last edited:
Not in The Witcher 1.
There are some things in the Sapkowski's story that can't be put in a videogame.
Basically beacuse if Geralt can see in the dark, then cat potion and torches became useless.
How are we going to play if the night is really dark ?
It gets annoying to have to down a cat potion every night, and holding torches also becomes annoying since it effects the sword fighting. I agree that caves and so on should be dark though.
It becomes an unwanted way of forcing the players to meditate until sunrise, because I for sure am not going to play at night if I can't see shit.
Plus as mentioned before Geralt's pupils dilate more than humans thus allowing more light to enter his eyes, so the nights seem brighter to him. It's part of his mutations and job, since witchers have to hunt creatures of the night also.

I'm more worried about whether Cat will be horrible like it was in TW2 with all pointless, unnecessary stuff showing ORANGE or TW1 or something else entirely.
Yeah, I hated W2 cat. Luckily, we didn't need to use it that much...In W1 it was much more immersive...
Maybe cat potion should be completely removed, Geralt doesn't need light sources anyway ;)

How are we going to play if the night is really dark ?
It becomes an unwanted way of forcing the players to meditate until sunrise, because I for sure am not going to play at night if I can't see shit.
Plus as mentioned before Geralt's pupils dilate more than humans thus allowing more light to enter his eyes, so the nights seem brighter to him. It's part of his mutations and job, since witchers have to hunt creatures of the night also.

Listen to what Shawn just said, because he's right! Thanks Shawn ;)

No, cat potion and torches are useful in caves and crypts without natural source of light. But nights are different thing, because you still have a source of light, it is weak , but it is there. So we can still have both, dark crypts where you need torch or cat potion, and not-so-dark nights where Geralt´s Tapetum lucidum takes care of things..

Mmm, this is a good point, I hadn't thought about that.

I don't think cat potion effect will suck like TW2, at least I hope not.
Hey.. didn't we already talk about all this a long time ago? HaHa

But Witcher sense is the exact same thing as it is in Witcher 2 when you press "Z" only with more duration and bigger highlights.

But yeah cat potion like TW1 or anything else that doesn't completely ruin your vision. After a while I got so annoyed with it that I just went head without taking cat and slowly walking, listening to sounds of rotfiends around and relying on the target lock icon to appear. It was actually kinda fun and challenging in its own way >_>

View attachment 9390

Attachments

• 10930920_306929649517757_3496849564482310383_n.jpg
    10930920_306929649517757_3496849564482310383_n.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom