WWW.WITCHERSITE.PL hands-on impressions translation [very insightful material]

+
@Regis – protagonista just a question regarding the combat, do this time we gonna have full control on combat animations, we gonna know which attacks are we using?

I can answer it - you have total control :D

---------- Updated at 05:00 PM ----------

What kind of stupid question is that. Pretty misogynic if you ask me. Geralt is a gentleman saving damsels in distress and getting saved by damsels.

Those questions are from our forum, posted by othe people

Thank you so much @Lukas77PL, @Regis – protagonista and @gregski this was a really great read!

I remember how impressed was I am when I first saw the forest near Flotsam, it was so realistic, and now we will have huge forests like that, you can imagine how I excited for exploreing the whole map and become an actual wanderer/witcher. As it seems they fixed everything what they failed in TW2, and bring back a lot of monsters and features from the first game which I love. A dream will come true.

I feel a little bit of shame, because I did not read all of the books yet. The Baptism of Fire should've come out at the second half of 2014, but guess what, not a single word about it. I hope that I won't miss too much from the game's story anyway.

Thank you so much @Lukas77PL, @Regis – protagonista and @gregski this was a really great read!

I remember how impressed was I am when I first saw the forest near Flotsam, it was so realistic, and now we will have huge forests like that, you can imagine how I excited for exploreing the whole map and become an actual wanderer/witcher. As it seems they fixed everything what they failed in TW2, and bring back a lot of monsters and features from the first game which I love. A dream will come true.

I feel a little bit of shame, because I did not read all of the books yet. The Baptism of Fire should've come out at the second half of 2014, but guess what, not a single word about it. I hope that I won't miss too much from the game's story anyway.

Ah yes, wanted to start reading them as well.
Any recommendation which book I should start with and which version of the book (if there are different ones) is the best?
Also, how many books have been translated now and which books are they (number of the book (first, second, etc.))?
Which books are important and which "can" you skip if you just want to get a general picture of story and characters at first before you go deeper into it?

Any recommendation which book I should start with and which version of the book (if there are different ones) is the best?
Also, how many books have been translated now and which books are they (number of the book (first, second, etc.))?
Which books are important and which "can" you skip if you just want to get a general picture of story and characters at first before you go deeper into it?

Well, it is depends on your country, because if you have a chance to read all of them, I would suggest that one, becacue all of the books are connected.

Every book is important...You can't skip any of them, otherwise you'll miss big part of the story...

1.Last Wish
2.Sword of destiny
3.Blood of Elves
4.Time of Contempt
5.Baptism of Fire
6.Tower of Swallow
7.Lady of the Lake
Plus, there is a prequel book - Season of Storms...

If you're looking for official english translation, I think Baptism of Fire is the last one published...Not sure though...

Didn't catch the 'not truly open world' on first read. I'm wondering if once every area is unlocked, is it still separate maps cordoned off with load screens, or is it always one continuous world?

Every book is important...You can't skip any of them, otherwise you'll miss big part of the story...

1.Last Wish
2.Sword of destiny
3.Blood of Elves
4.Time of Contempt
5.Baptism of Fire
6.Tower of Swallow
7.Lady of the Lake
Plus, there is a prequel book - Season of Storms...

If you're looking for official english translation, I think Baptism of Fire is the last one published...Not sure though...

Yeah I'm talking about those books which are officially translated to English.

It's just that I heard that they left one out in between or something like that. Would like to know the official list of English translated books in the right order.

Yes, but people were still skeptical about it or didn't want it to happen

Letho will be in Witcher 3.

It's just that I heard that they left one out in between or something like that.
Yes, Sword of Destiny was never published in English...Stupid decision, imho...
Official translations in right order : Last Wish, Blood of elves, Time of Contempt , Baptism of Fire.
Here you can find fan translations:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/16494-Our-Community-Fan-Translations

Some people think they are good...can't guarantee tough, I've read Sapkowski in my native language ;)

---------- Updated at 08:12 PM ----------

Letho will be in Witcher 3.
Thank Melitele for that...Letho is The Bro :cool:

Didn't catch the 'not truly open world' on first read. I'm wondering if once every area is unlocked, is it still separate maps cordoned off with load screens, or is it always one continuous world?

It wil remain separate maps, the load screens are here to replace the travel time, like going from the Skellige Island to the region of Novigrad will require a few days on boat.

Yes, Sword of Destiny was never published in English...Stupid decision, imho...
Official translations in right order : Last Wish, Blood of elves, Time of Contempt , Baptism of Fire.
Here you can find fan translations:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/16494-Our-Community-Fan-Translations

Some people think they are good...can't guarantee tough, I've read Sapkowski in my native language ;)

---------- Updated at 08:12 PM ----------

Thank Melitele for that...Letho is The Bro :cool:

Yeah, maybe I can read it in German (my native language).
But I know I will not enjoy it as much as an English novel, I just love reading English.

Pretty stupid to translate the first and third and fourth novel of a series but not the second if you ask me. Which moron came up with that idea...?

Yeah, maybe I can read it in German (my native language).
But I know I will not enjoy it as much as an English novel, I just love reading English.

Pretty stupid to translate the first and third and fourth novel of a series but not the second if you ask me. Which moron came up with that idea...?
Why don't you read it? Whole Witcher saga is translated to German, as far as I know...
You will enjoy playing games much more after reading the books, trust me... ;)

32. Will we experience any nods to TW1 if you successively imported your saves? Or only from TW2? – Only from TW2

Bit bummed about that. I felt like the survival/death of Adda in TW1 wasn't given much mention in Witcher 2. Why would they just bury the choices made in the first installment?

Top Bottom