In Honor of The Witcher 3's release, are you going to "fast" closer to release ?

+
For me, The Witcher 3 is a deeply religious experience not unlike going on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. So I will probably fast from food for for three weeks before playing. Three and seven are both Biblical numbers for perfection, so I think three weeks is the perfect number of days to go without eating.

haha okay then! Awesome! lol
Please... do not fast for a week in honor of our greatest game. A 32-year old man just died playing a game straight for 3 days. Instead, you should feast and drink in honor of the third coming.

haha not food and drink..I just meant stop playing games not to feel burnt out before TW3 hits.

I think the chance is pretty high that I won't play anything else intensively at the time since there is no bigger game announced so far for the same period IIRC ;)

Well there is BloodBorne(about two months before that) and some other stuff ,but I think I'll delay all that stuff till I am done with Witcher. Cuz bloodborne is fairly similar as well.

I will finish Dragon Age before (more than 50H and i feel like i'm still far from the end), then Dying Light in coop. No games for me on March and April, lot of work :/

maaan Dragon Age ?

Wouldn't that make you feel burnt out when TW3 releases ?

Last edited:
I had not thought about it.

Let me think one second

Last edited:
Between now and May, someone should translate the 5 novels for us Polish-illiterate Americans.

There are published versions in English of:
The Witcher (short stories 1)
Blood of Elves (novel 1, third book)
Time of Contempt (novel 2, fourth book)
Baptism of Fire (novel 3, fifth book)

and the other books in the main story arc are available in fan translation from the community section below.
Sword of Destiny (short stories 2, second book).
Tower of The Swallow (novel 4, sixth book)
Lady of the Lake (novel 5, seventh book)

The most recent book hasn't been translated into English in full, but it is I gather a prequel/sidequel, rather than a continuation of the stories. There are confirmed intentions to publish the three books so far not released of the main story arc, not sure about Season of Storms though.

@Lieste

I was wondering what was the books' chronological order, and what was available in english. I already have The Last Wish and The Sword of Destiny, and now I know what follows, thanks! Can't wait to start reading them.

Yeah before a big game, like W3 comes out, I aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalways find all other games unplayable!

Its frustrating, especially since the B-roll came out, and now all I want to do it play the W3!!!!

Reading the novels atm, and got a few time consuming games coming out soon.... so.......

Its ok...... its ok, only what, 108 days to go. FML

I would replay The Witcher 1 and 2 one more time before The Witcher 3 descends. By mid-April, all gaming activity and surveillance of TW3 advertisements will cease completely. And when May 19 arrives, my horribly starved mind will devour it WHOLE-

Unfortunately thanks to real life, while I'm buying this gem on May 19 I won't actually be able to play this it until 2016. Nonetheless I hope everyone who gets their hands on it has the time of their lives. 2015 is the year of the Witcher.

I am currently playing the first Witcher, not because of the save, rather for simply fun. That game is really superior for me. I would play some Red Dead Redemption, but the HDMI connentor is not working on my TV sadly.
I might be playing GTA V, I dont know yet.
There is DA:I. but I don't have mood for that one and I know sadly that I won't playing it and I will fully forget it when TW3 is coming out.

My first plan was to finish all the Sapkowski's amazing books and replay W1/W2 - but now Im afraid I might not do it in time before release

Two reasons why:

1) Release of Mortal Kombat X (my most anticipated game of 2015)
2) Release of GTA V for PC

I am currently re-reading the books - finishing Time of Contempt now.
When I'm done, I will wait for the new release of RoTWW, then do my 8th playthrough of W1.
Witcher 2 with FCR next.

It should be about May after I finish.

Grab the tax return money and my savings, upgrade my PC to the max. And hold on tight.

I took one day off from my job so far.
For W3, I'm taking the whole week. I'm turning off the phones, locking the door, buying a 72-pack of Mountain Dew and Doritos Bundle (thanking the great Microsoft for aiding CD Projekt RED so much in the development of this game) and I'm good to go.

Not really, I will finish the saga and then replay Witcher 2. Then I have Dying Light and GTA 5 which will last me until the release.

I am currently re-reading the books - finishing Time of Contempt now.
When I'm done, I will wait for the new release of RoTWW, then do my 8th playthrough of W1.
Witcher 2 with FCR next.

It should be about May after I finish.

Grab the tax return money and my savings, upgrade my PC to the max. And hold on tight.

I took one day off from my job so far.
For W3, I'm taking the whole week. I'm turning off the phones, locking the door, buying a 72-pack of Mountain Dew and Doritos Bundle (thanking the great Microsoft for aiding CD Projekt RED so much in the development of this game) and I'm good to go.

Haha same here, except the way I see it, week off will not be enough so I will take two most likely. And even extend it if necessary :)
Witcher 3 will be my vacation this year, and I can't imagine anything better :p

GTA V and Pillars of Eternity come first and I will probably play them for quite some time. Who knows perhaps TW3 won't be even needed right away.

Top Bottom