Weapons in all games

+
Weapons in all games

Since I didn't play the witcher 1 and 2 I don't know what could be a weapon and what not. I know you could use some daggers, and some were for throwing I think, then you had a silver sword and a steel sword, but I looked on the wiki and there was additional weapons like halberds axes stuff like that in the witcher 2. I was just wondering how that worked, like you pick them up and they are secondary, if you can do something like that in the witcher 3 like they are just temporary or if it's possible to use weapons other than swords.

It's possible. Just not that worth it.

In TW1 your inventory was small and each weapon took a lot of room, so you couldn't carry too much spare items. You could carry another big weapon on you, and a small weapon (dagger, handaxe). In TW2 the inventory was bigger (based on weight, not room), so you could carry with you spare weapons and switch between the misc ones and the two main swords without much issue, to mess around with. Thing is, it mostly was just that - messing around. Throughout the two games, the two classic swords were the only weapons you needed. It's too much of a trademark of the profession to make the games any different.

There will continue to be misc weapons in TW3, but I imagine that like in the former games, they'll be more for flavor rather than actual aid.

Personally, I didn't bother with any other weapon in the previous games, not even for shits and giggles. I'm uninspiring like that.

So you could bring them around with you wherever you go, but they have low damage is that what you mean?

---------- Updated at 08:26 PM ----------

So they have low damage but you can bring them with you have them equipt whenever wherever?

So you could bring them around with you wherever you go, but they have low damage is that what you mean?

---------- Updated at 08:26 PM ----------

So they have low damage but you can bring them with you have them equipt whenever wherever?
Yes, they where pointless. Sure you can use them, but you won't get cool animations like with sword ;).
There are also daggers and bombs for trowing in W2, they was sometimes usefull for me.
edit:
Bombs was in w1 as well

I'm curious to see how will the animations change from using Swords contrary to axes or maces. Yes it's true witchers are swordsmen and to master it they have practiced for years but what i like from the axe is its brutality . Vikings used it a lot and i expect to find very cool designs of axes in the Skellig islands.

Hell yeah man, I mean thats okay I just like the variety and the choice to choose what you want. Swords are like the best, simple and deadly weapons I like swords more than maces axes and all but the option is always good just to try

The broom was fun. Missed out on having a skillet I think (at least I never found one).

The torch was useful in the first game, either as a torch or as a weapon. It was good against echinops.

In The Witcher 2 the different weapons weren't that bad to use, for example, the small blackjack had a nice stun% which would be useful, however, stat-wise they would become near useless quite rapidly I found, hard to consider them over a Sword, as for The Witcher 1, you couldn't use the Witcher fighting styles with say, an axe, which made them more of another item to sell ><, outside of the torch as Dragonbird mentioned which was quite useful.

Thing is, Witcher train and fight primarily with swords, any other weapons is out of their comfort zone and shows in the games.

Yes, they where pointless. Sure you can use them, but you won't get cool animations like with sword ;).
There are also daggers and bombs for trowing in W2, they was sometimes usefull for me.
edit:
Bombs was in w1 as well
Yeah, dagger throwing wasn't half bad in TW2. And after the competition with Roche's men in Flotsam you could improve it a bit more, and it would deal some pretty nice damage. But I had to force myself to invest two skill points in Dagger Throwing over other things in the Training Tree, and I can't think of a battle where they really made any difference. I could still cut things up much quicker.

Yeah, dagger throwing wasn't half bad in TW2. And after the competition with Roche's men in Flotsam you could improve it a bit more, and it would deal some pretty nice damage. But I had to force myself to invest two skill points in Dagger Throwing over other things in the Training Tree, and I can't think of a battle where they really made any difference. I could still cut things up much quicker.
It was very usefull killing draug boss on the dark difficulty. And for other enemies that are to dangerous to go close by.

Top Bottom