Graphic downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so basically "High" will be a PC equivalent of low-medium, while Ultra will have all the basics us PC gamers are used to: MXAA, HBAO+, advanced shadows, etc...?

If I understood correctly console quality will be equivalent to almost high on PC

It's not console bashing, it's devs pissing on their core crowd because M$ wants to push more Xbones. Shame, really.

This is great advertising for CDPR too.
You know, CDPR won't be around for long if Witcher 3 fails, because it must have consumed MASSIVE amounts of money. Who says Witcher 3 could even be developed without the marketing deal with MS?
Of course, these are just assumptions, but they are not too absurd IMO.
And you want CDPR to make 2 completely different builds for consoles and PC?
Well, that would just take additional 2-3 years or so, no big deal.

they even said ultra makes no big differences just nvida fur and hair + ubersamplng in far future patch

now they act like ultra will be some magic trick that change everything

Witcher 3 on PC ultra settings adds better tessellation, more physics, more post-processing and more realistic fur, Mamais said.

As for the foliage we'll see.

Maybe the previous 200-page fiasco of a thread on this topic needs to be stickied so at least people will know better than to start new ones...

You now what that means people: mods!
Unfortunately, they had to share the same build on all plataforms. The grapphics are good, but with some texture mods here and there it will be better.

I understand everything you've just said, i really do. All i want is to see a proper PC demo, without that vomit of a console near it. 60fps, 1080, ultra settings, mmkay? That's all i want. The downgrade is obvious because it has to run on a 5 year old graphics card equivalent hardware. Just let them blow our minds a bit early with at least a snippet of that fabled PC footage and all will be good.

I understand everything you've just said, i really do. All i want is to see a proper PC demo, without that vomit of a console near it. 60fps, 1080, ultra settings, mmkay? That's all i want. The downgrade is obvious because it has to run on a 5 year old graphics card equivalent hardware. Just let them blow our minds a bit early with at least a snippet of that fabled PC footage and all will be good.

Won't happen. They told in the twitch steam that ultra will be seen once the game is out ONLY

face looks almost the same which is good, armor textures got hit
pic is from uncompressed version

Let me guess, @daan5 - You came to this forum and registered JUST to create another fucking downgrade thread, without even considering that there's already such thread in this forum? I really hope you won't stay for long in this forum and that this thread will be closed ASAP.

Misleading topic name cause some things are DOWNGRADED like grass or rocks and some things are UPGRADED like lighting or Geralt hair, faces or overral character models . And they cut sharpening filter so for me its upgrade, and for someone it can be downgrade because the game doesn't look sharp enough. So yeah, topic is misleading and useless.

Looks like 300 pages of the previous thread weren't enough, oh well.

So, before it gets too hot in here, a little preemptive moderator guidance:

1. Keep it civil.
2. Please do not attack other members of the forum, neither personally nor in general (statements like consolitis, casuals etc are to be kept out of here)
3. Do not engage in general platform wars
4. Do not attempt any kind of trolling or flamebaiting
5. Stick to discussing on basis of merit, stick to the facts and have something to back up your arguments with

As the previous thread effected in a huge amount of vitriol and hostility between forum users, this one will be closely monitored and action will be taken by moderators if rules above are not adhered to.

Last edited:
nope, they admitted that they had no time and money to works separately on consoles and pc
so they share all assets and use the same build, so pr talk about no differences was actually true.
they even said ultra makes no big differences just nvida fur and hair + ubersamplng in far future patch

now they act like ultra will be some magic trick that change everything

Well, this is a shit move, then.

Maybe a little xD Only because they're treading on my favourite game series with their jackboots...

What if I told you that 'they' are not the cause, but limited money and time ressources?
I bet CDPR would be very happy to just develop this on PC, but AAA games just do not sell enough solely on PC to warrant that.

anyway...
3. Do not engage in general platform wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom