Graphic downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry sidsypker and Vigilance.492. I was reading an article on VGChartz regarding asian gamers and that was one of the links.

Link has been corrected.

Hahaha it was actually funny, and provided a less depressing response than what I would have actually said.

Which is that sadly we still just don't know. We haven't seen semi-volumetric clouds since the SoD Trailer, so it's a little up in the air at the moment.
Personally with lack of evidence either way I choose to believe they do still exist, but they are probably heavily tied to TOD, Weather and then have a dash of randomness anyway, and that's why they aren't in any of the Gameplay Demos. However some people have taken their absence in the demos to mean they've been cut, end of story.

Could be either really, just have to wait and see.

It is all subjectively of course but I think that the common consensus is especially if you take the first image that yes the older materiel looked better that the newer materiel. My take is that the older material had a much denser and real atmosphere compared to the newer stuff,

Older Materials are not PBR. So they may look good in one TOD. But another TOD they will look worse. I already send the pictures that looks worse in older build. New materials and lighting looks identically amazing in every TOD. The only thing in this older screens are illusion. Really. Look at the Geralt's armour. Movement animation and etc. All looks worse.

---------- Updated at 08:57 AM ----------

I have sharpened those only because this vids are in motion. Watch that gameplay and you will see that even tho this is looseless format, It still can't provide a quality of a screen or video that was generated by CDProjekt Red in their studio. So stop this ridiculous inqusisition.

---------- Zaktualizowano 23:25 ----------

By the way, E3 2013 Witcher looked sooo worse than it looks now. You want to tell me that this:

Looked better than it looks now?

And I really do think that will make some people belive that there was no downgrade, becaus even I was surprised (didn't see this amount of detail when this vivern was in motion) or at least not in a way that many here points out.
For me almost all af this donwgrade stuff is just paranoia. I can see that some things are missing (like volumetric clouds) but these are obvious, because they dissappeared (we can assume that they will be on ultra).
But when we are talking about resolution of textures, you would have to compare the same spots with the same light and the same weather to really say something constructive. Otherwise this is just pure speculation.
Like 90% of stuff in this thread.

This screens are not better than now. But about "downgrade paranoia" i do not agree with you. This is not "paranoia" But this is not that big downgrade either. Only grass. And there is some subjective art differences too. Soo people thing that this is downgrade.And we even have not seen the "ultra" setting already. Every thing so complicate now. I do not now what to thing and what to say.

---------- Updated at 09:01 AM ----------

@dexter2
second image is from witcher 2 renderer and was long before debut trailer

you could at leas do some research before you start posting screens

All images are old render in this post i think.

Well, they confirmed that you could recreate scenes from trailers, probably SOD being closes to final build. So if we don't see view like this: http://a.pomf.se/cirmuo.webm I have every right to feel cheated and call for a downgrade alarm. With recent news about not implementing volumetric mists?=clouds? I have some doubts. We will see when the game is ready.

Last edited:
I understand why a small group of people defending the game for its medium to large downgrade, but serious guys, u dont need glasses to see the differences from then and now lol.

Looked better than it looks now?

In my hollow view: yes, it looked better.

Why?

- First of all, the old design followed the artistic path, they took of from Witcher 1. Armour, weapons, architecture, vegetation, lighting, overall use of colours - I can see the progresse since 2007. It remains the same world we all know. The new design breaks this by switching the mood and etablishing a radical chainged, new art style, which leans towards a cell shading approach with simplified textures and plain colouring.
- more textures in the older design
- better sky, better lighting
- Vegetation with more textures and variable colour sceme. Even with the old Aurora-Engine they managed to create some quite beautiful settings for Witcher 1. The druid grove in the swamp, the fields and meadows around Murky Waters, the Isle of the Lady of the Lake. Witcher 2 topped this with the forest around Flotsam and near Vergen and also the forest of the EE in Act 3, Roches path. Compared to this, the vegetation shown in the last footage of Witcher 3 is a huge stepp back and dissapointment. In all honesty: I´ve seen better looking trees and grass in the unmodded version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. back in 2006. If it stays like this I´m happy with the Change in the alchemy-system, in which they gave up the idea of collecting herbs during the gameplay. Who want´s to take a closer look on this poor textures anyway.

Atleast put some form of clouds around some mountains - this effect is even in last-gen games, - please, it adds so much to the immnersion and atmosphere of the world

Semi-volumetric clouds are still in(unless someone says otherwise), what isn't is volumetric fog/mist.

Well I really hope so that they are still there - in the newest screens and from the gameplay videos I don't recall to see them around the mountains.. and it's a shame that the volumetric fog isn't in there.. in AC4 Black Flag and now in Rogue they look really good.. but if atleast the clouds are in, then I'm happy :)

They have one guy, specifically just for clouds. I don't think they would drop the cloud feature so easily.

I know I don't appreciate completely pointless and redundant jabs at the game for absolutely no reason.

If you're going to quote someone asking a question, at least try to answer it, or don't say anything at all.

So do you mean that we will still see this http://a.pomf.se/cirmuo.webm clouds in final game? Sorry for asking again and again same questions. This scene shocked me when i first saw SOD trailer. You cant imagin how i want this graphics in game.

As has been also stated numerous times, we simply don't know. None of the gameplay demos featured semi-volumetric clouds, however it is also an effect that could be random, it could be affected by TOD and/or weather conditions. There's many variables, and the absence of it in demos doesn't necessarily mean it has been cut, and CDPR have never stated it was. However we also don't really have any evidence to prove it IS still in the game.

So at this point we just have to wait and see.

And what do you want to say????????

I tried to say, what the person in the last gameplaytrailer feeld this part of the video to be the right point to mention the beautiful vistas in the upcomming game. Compare the scenery at 6:55 with the scenery you feel so attached to - and draw your conclusions.

Last edited:
I tried to say, what the person in the last gameplaytrailer feeld this part of the video to be the right point to mention the beautiful vistas in the upcomming game. Compare the scenery at 6:55 with the scenery you feel so attached to - and draw your conclusions.

Hmmmm... I do not agree with you. (But you may be right too....) Demo was not in ultra setting. May be (if volumetric clouds still in game ) it will be separate setting to turn on and of. So it may has been disabled for this demo. Second, If we did not see some effects in demo it doesnt mean they do not exist in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom