PS4 graphics

+
What I don't like is that CDProjekt instead of using a 900p resolution which would add a more "PC like" look to the game (better grass, textures etc), they are hard headed on 1080p for the PS4. To me, I believe resolution DOES NOT equal to good graphics. Actually if the game looks awesome and realistic, it would look awesome and realistic wether you play it at 480p, 720p, 900p, etc etc.

A good analogy is movies, do they look less "awesome or realistic" because you watch them at 480p (on a SD TV though)? I always bring this analogy on topics of resolution, and why it doesn't freaking matter much.

Hell even just watching a documentary on wild life or even the news, those look real to me, and what, I am watching those at 480i. But I guess the image would be too aliased though, mmm I guess they should add at least some form of antialising to TV broadcasting... and no 1080p!!!! Dear God, please no! It doesn't look real!

I went overly sarcastic there though :) hahahahh

Last edited:
Well you can believe what you want but here are two things to consider:

1) The bigger the resolution - the bigger the 'grid' - the more details resolved on screen so no it's not a fruitless pursuit.

2) Related to above, it's also about how many details you can cram into a given pixel density, they're proportional things. You can't cram tons of details on a 480p framebuffer because they won't be visible on the screen, that would be a waste of resources when you can't even see things on screen.

Well you can believe what you want but here are two things to consider:

1) The bigger the resolution - the bigger the 'grid' - the more details resolved on screen so no it's not a fruitless pursuit.

2) Related to above, it's also about how many details you can cram into a given pixel density, they're proportional things. You can't cram tons of details on a 480p framebuffer because they won't be visible on the screen, that would be a waste of resources when you can't even see things on screen.

But what if I have only a 768p TV? Wouldn't just make everything, like text and the like, look smaller? Or you are talking about field of view mostly? My TV accepts 1080p though, and I will say that is a great, awesome form of antialising though :)

---------- Updated at 05:51 AM ----------

Though I still admire CDProjekt going for 1080p, and I will be there day 1 buying the game for my PS4 :) Now If they could give me an option for better setting and lower resolution, then I would be the happiest geek ever ;)

I'm guessing high/medium settings with most on high, and some cranked (lowered) LOD and stuff.

Also, for your point @Nacho_el_Man; higher textures for example just means that the resolution of the textures get higher. And then you decrease the whole game's resolution to counter that performance-wise, and you counteract the effect of the higher textures - while lowering the overall quality with it. This point - I believe - was made before as well. In today's standards, 1080p resolution should be one of the first priorities for the dev's as they develop for the consoles. Oh and let's face it, most of the people who bought a PS4 or an XBox One have 1080p TVs :)

@MadYarpen 8 hrs8 hours ago
@Bacon_is_life 1 more question Damien, PS4 = what PC settings?

@Bacon_is_life 1 hr1 hour ago
@MadYarpen mmm high i would say. Hard to say without side by side but Ive been known to confuse pc and ps4 in the past.

Very interesting twiter. MadYarpen , could you ask him when a one gameplay from PS4??Its too ??? Thank you for your post and your ask to Damien monnier

Last edited:
The witcher guy on the german facebook page also wrote that they will show ps4 gameplay before release
And wasn't it like "we know PS4 is something people want to see"? That is how I remember it, not as a confirmation we will see anything.

Then , what ?? Must be wait something about the PS4 version??? Its a great sad, I would love it can see him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom