Toussaint

+
Toussaint

This thread will be for discussing the new region Toussaint.

"'Blood and Wine, a 20-hour-plus tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.'

http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Toussaint

"Toussaint is a duchy within Nilfgaard famous for its wines, enabled by the volcanic soil. This mountainous place is ruled by Anna Henrietta. Toussaint has no army of its own, nor a police force, just a small number of knights-errant watching the borders and roads, though their attention is said to be keen. Tradition is a holy thing in Toussaint, so all holidays are keenly observed."

Interestingly, the Nilfgaardian Empire does not tend to impose itself in the affairs of Toussaint and for the most part does not violate its borders. "

Last edited:

Attachments

• FV.png
    FV.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 125
Will be interesting. It is far from the Northern Realms, I imagine fast travel to the region. Good to be exploring more of Nilfgaard.

Scryar

Forum veteran
wasn't Fringila confirmed for the main game anyway?

@topic
very excited for toussaint. Always imagined it as some kind of fairy tail place full of noble knights and a decadent nobility drinking&celebrating the whole time.

I just hope Dandelion is along for the ride ...

since he was almost executed for cheating on the Duchess and generally being himself last time he was in Toussaint.

It should be a really interesting area to explore based on the descriptions from the last two books.

They speak about character deeply regreted. I hope The expansion will be a direct adaptation of the book ! There are a lot of holel in what geralt did at this time !:) And we could see this deeply missed character !! :D

Is there any fan art about Toussaint? Maybe I should read the book, but Lady of the Lake isn't available in Hungarian yet.

Hmm, "Blood and Wine" is the title of a book, well known in California though maybe not elsewhere, about the intrigues of the Gallo family wine business. I wonder if their choice of title portends a fictionalized (and much bloodier) telling of this or a similar story. I don't think the idea of a family such as the Gallos being powerful in Toussaint is too improbable.

(In a nutshell, Ma and Pa Gallo die in a murder-suicide, Uncle Mike goes to prison, and older brothers Ernest and Julio end up in control of the biggest winery in California. Younger brother Joseph is dealt out of the winery, but builds the biggest dairy in California. Joseph makes a lot of cheese, which he tries to sell under his own name, Gallo. Ernest and Julio sue for trademark infringement, and Joseph countersues for his share of the winery. The case dragged on for six years.)

Last edited:
From the books, I always had an uneasy feeling about that place. Something weird was going on there imho that never got fleshed out. Too good to be true.

Wait I've get my new PC and maybe I'll give you a little surprise :p
I like surprises... ;)

On topic:
In Toussaint, for the first time in his life, Geralt had enough money...I remember some merchants paid him huge amount for simple skoffin...
So, yeah...Fairy tale place, too good to be true...But I can't wait for "Blood and Wine"...

Top Bottom