Blood Decals

+
@up

Well I for one will sleep better armed with that knwoledge. ;) This is "the big one" this year for me so everything must be perfect, and so far so good. :p

Thank you for confirmation Red, it makes me happy, finishing moves and now this, Geralt is the master of sword and there is no reason to make his combat will be easy to his enemies, so cut them off

I wonder if blood splats on Geralts face and body will remain for a while after combat and also during cut scenes after combat? I could never decide if I liked them or not in Dragon Age Inquisition.

@savioeven

Guilty as charged ;)

I'm always putting most of my attention to details like that, I usually don't write about the "bigger" stuff, mostly because I have a lot of confidence in cdpr when core gameplay and story are concerned, graphics doesn't really interest me, so yeah, I'm probably in the minority of users, whose biggest concern here are the details, hell, earlier I even made a topic on sheathe stripes on Geralt's back :p

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/29685-Sheathe-stripes

Older gameplay is perfect with decals, whereas there aren't almost any on the newest build :/

https://youtu.be/xx8kQ4s5hCY?t=8m40s

Last edited:
Well a dev has already answered that they are there and it's screen space decals of all things, it's an industry standard, there is no reason why they would want it.

Yeah, the guys from Sniper Elite III even did them fairly decently so I guess you're right about those standards :)

I'm curious to see those screen space decals, man, why is the game a still month away :(

You know, i still feel like the graphics and the world has been so well realized that it has reached a sort of Uncanny valley where if the grass seems to flat or if there is no blood decal, then it becomes off putting to the player :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFAWke5jxk4

Hmm, still can't see them decals after striking someone :(
i just removed content of my post just to realize that i was right so i had to write it again:sad:
here

( https://youtu.be/KFAWke5jxk4?t=21s )
we can seee guy lying in his own blood,
so its seems like blood appears only after some time around dead body instead of stains caused by splashing blood

Last edited:
Yeah I know about blood PUDDLES, this topic was about decals that are created on the ground after you HIT someone, during the fight, not after they're dead. I hope @Benzenzimmern understood what I was talking about specifically when he answered :D

This effect adds a lot to the satisfaction you get during fighting, trust me :p

Last edited:
Yeah I know about blood PUDDLES, this topic was about decals that are created on the ground after you HIT someone, during the fight, not after they're dead. I hope @Benzenzimmern understood what I was talking about specifically when he answered :D

This effect adds a lot to the satisfaction you get during fighting, trust me :p
Well, if they are there, even for a short amount of time, they can be made lasting via a mod, no?

Well, if they are there, even for a short amount of time, they can be made lasting via a mod, no?

That's not the same.

He's talking about blood decals that appear when you strike someone, that can be made to appear on the environment/objects, similar to Bloodborne or other games with them (Even Half Life had them back in 99 or so). So if you strike someone the blood splatters onto the ground/object near them and even the clothing/weapons if it's really detailed.

This isn't just simple "puddles" that appear under a body, but rather dynamic splatters/decals that get put onto objects/the environment during combat.

BLoodborne is just the most noticable at doing this as far as recent games go.

Oh, I know, I was referring to blood splatters, since I thought I saw some in game footage... then again, my eyesight isn't that great, I could be mistaking. ;)

There was blood splatter in that 37 minute long gameplay, but that's on older build, the newest one so far is pretty poor in that regard, I only saw 1 decal during wolf fight and virtually none while fighting human enemies.

Anyway, if Reds aren't capable of this, some average modder should be able to, but damn that will bother me on my first playthrough on PS4 if not implemented correctly or at all :p

Still, I have hope! xD

Last edited:
for your guys to refer, please check the clip as below from 0:09, you will see blood decals on the ground very clearly, :lol: and i am thinking this is the point which is mentioned of this thread...blood everywhere when combat,

Top Bottom