[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 Screenshots and Artwork

+

nooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy ooooooooooh maaaaaaaaa gaaaaaaaaawwwwwwd hoooooly freeeeaking jeeesusss on iceeeee skaaaaaaateeees i fucking love you reeeeeeeeeeedddsss!!!!!!

this visual effect on Geralt's face changes nothing in terms of gameplay.

I hope you're wrong about that. I had hoped for this kind of effect since the "52 and a half" trailer, and always thought it would be really great and lore friendly if NPCs react to Geralt looking like this, for instance shop keepers wouldn't want to sell him gear or an NPC wouldn't give him a quest etc. while he looks like that. + it would reinforce the players immersion in the game. I hope they implemented something like this in addition to the visual effect.

Speaking of details, noticed how he doesn't have a row of perfect teeth? I noticed that in the cover picture of the game, didn't know if it would make it into the game itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
New screen from the article I've posted in LINKS ONLY thread:
Here's the link:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/t...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I totally did not expect CDPR to go all the way and implement this feature, wanted to see that in-game since I saw the "52 and a half" cinematic they did (also in the W1 intro cinematic).

5:05

Holy shit this pic made me more hyped than the recent trailer did, give me the damn game already ...

I hope you're wrong about that. I had hoped for this kind of effect since the "52 and a half" trailer, and always thought it would be really great and lore friendly if NPCs react to Geralt looking like this, for instance shop keepers wouldn't want to sell him gear or an NPC wouldn't give him a quest etc. while he looks like that. + it would reinforce the players immersion in the game. I hope they implemented something like this in addition to the visual effect.
and NPCs gasping and the word "Freak" being mentioned a lot, possibly even some avoiding him, moving away :) But personally I think all that might get annoying after a while if I'm always using potions...

and NPCs gasping and the word "Freak" being mentioned a lot, possibly even some avoiding him, moving away :) But personally I think all that might get annoying after a while if I'm always using potions...

Any gameplay aspect of a game can be annoying or fun depending on how well it's developed. I think and hope that this one is implemented, and implemented well :)

---------- Updated at 08:05 PM ----------

in early interview (i do not remember which) i remember that RED said there will not be any differences when drinking a potion. But now RED, you just made me happy.

Wow! I cannot believe my eyes!
:hatsoff:
That is one thing that has been asked for a long time - and they actually did it!
Incredible! Such a small cosmetic effect, but so important for the fans. You know, they REALLY listen to us!

^ It's not the DLC. If you use any of the preset styles come from the DLC, then your beard won't grow (You know, if you picked a style, then they assume you want to look like that all the time). But they said that when you go to the default beard, it will grow.

Wait a minute, just read the article and it really says that it stops after you "download" the DLC. I'm sure there is a mistake there though.

Last edited:
^ It's not the DLC. If you use any of the preset styles come from the DLC, then your beard won't grow (You know, if you picked a style, then they assume you want to look like that all the time). But they said that when you go to the default beard, it will grow.

THIS is unfair!
A pray to the modders! Correct that aberration!

THIS is unfair!
A pray to the modders! Correct that aberration!

In fact I think that going to the barber let you choose a shorter beard style of your choice wihout preventing the beard to re-grow after that.
The DLC allow you to choose and "lock" a beard style.

So I think there's no aberration here :)

Top Bottom