How many of the endings do you plan to try and get?

+

How many of the endings do you plan to try and get?

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • 2-4

Votes: 35 36.8%
  • 5-10

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • 11-15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• All 36, even if it kills me!

Votes: 28 29.5%

• Total voters
I'd like to say all of them. But I know I probably won't. So I just picked 5 - 10 since that seems more doable to me. :)

I will see how much variety this game has to offer... If I still dont feel bored after doing multiple playthroughs I will keep going ... But I take at least 3-4 times for granted ...

So funny little calculation. If you choose to do a full, separate, playthrough for each of the main quest ending sequences at a regular-slow pace, it would be 36 (endings) X 50 (avg hours of main quest) = 1800 hours. If we go by the speed run number they presented, it's 36 X 25 = 900 hours
lol am I doing this right?
:sad:

2-4 for sure for me, but more playthroughs than that are likely. The main thing for me that will dictate how many I'll go for will depend on just how unique the endings are. Otherwise I'll probably just play through and not be focusing on trying to get a specific ending (besides getting the 'best' ending at some point).

I prefer to let this stuff happen organically, so no, I won't be ticking off the various end states. If it's good, I imagine a few runs at least.

I prefer to let this stuff happen organically, so no, I won't be ticking off the various end states. If it's good, I imagine a few runs at least.

I definitely prefer to have it turn out organically the first few times, but after a while I like to stop playing as my default Geralt, and play as other Geralt's, whether it be the Geralt who hates elves, or hates humans, or is just outright evil. I like seeing where that takes me after a few playthroughs where I choose based on how I feel.

As far as I know there are only a couple of endings and 36 "world states" that the world can be in when you finish the game based off your choices.

I plan on playing the games at least 2 times at first..then come back to it after I finish other games that have come out during that period (Batman, MGS5 etc). I cannot wait to explore the Witcher 3 world thoroughly.

The initial decisions that I will go for first will be based off the saved games I import and how I played Witcher 2 there and try to play the same as then.

One.

I dislike replaying games, and esp if it is just to see one new cutscene (ending). If I get a bad ending or something, will just youtube the best ending.

I voted all 36 because that's what I want to. But life will make it difficult, obviously. But, I play less games anyway now. So, I'll give this a big chunk of my game time. I can easily see myself playing this game for a few years to come,

Depends on how many of these 'world states' are actually meaningful enough to warrant replays. I'll definitely do two for Yen and Triss.

Probably just one. It depends on whether I'm satisfied with the choices I made on my first playthrough.

btw, even though there are 36 endings there are probably only 3-4 decisions that affect the world-states.

Probably 2-4 if the game is fun enough to play -- perhaps more in time. The thing with these sorts of "possibly too big for its own good" open games is that the route to those endings is bound to become repetitive (from a gameplay standpoint -- "been there done that"), which kills or at least hurts the urge to push on in the long run (which here means less playthroughs than with more compact games). That said, it's good that there's variation in the narrative reactivity and it doesn't matter if not everybody sees everything (ever). The chief thing is that the player can go his or her own route to as great a length as possible and that the game acknowledges and reacts to that.

I don't think i will try to get certain endings, i will just play the way i want and see how that unfolds in the end.

In another run i will decide differently and let's see how that will influence the ending.

If i wanted just to see the other endings, well, i would probably just read about them in the wiki or watch videos of it or maybe i don't even want to know, because i liked my ending.

Pretty sure CDPR has said there's 4 unique endings, and then a lot of variations within them. So I'll go for all four unique endings.

Just one. I duuno, in the past I'd strive for many different endings if the game allowed it, but nowadays I only go for one playthrough. With the W3, it's only natural seeing how it has over 200 hrs of content. One ending from one playthrough is more than justified.

Would depend on how many endings you could get using one (or probably two) old saves and if I consider them "good" endings.

Top Bottom