Need help with the story a bit (SPOILERS)

+
Need help with the story a bit (SPOILERS)

Yennefer:
A few years ago Geralt and Yennefer had, after a long separation full of adventures for them both, gotten back together again. Their moment of repose was interrupted by the Wild Hunt, which took Yennefer captive. The Witcher set out at once to save her, but lost his memory while doing so. When he finally recovered it, he immediately returned to his quest to find his beloved sorceress.

I've only played W2 and im not sure when he lost his memory. I thought that he was set out to find Triss (in the W3) which i thought was his lover but she was that in the W2 only because he had lost his memory of Yennefer? Am i wrong or is it more to it then that? did he regain his memory in the end of w2 or in the beginning of W3? can some1 clarify the lover situation between Triss and Yennefer and when his memory went away and came back?

and what about that Ciri girl:

The twists of fate have separated and reunited Geralt and Ciri several times over the years and Geralt continues to search for the girl to this day.

is he searching for her too? like a side quest kind?

Yennefer:
A few years ago Geralt and Yennefer had, after a long separation full of adventures for them both, gotten back together again. Their moment of repose was interrupted by the Wild Hunt, which took Yennefer captive. The Witcher set out at once to save her, but lost his memory while doing so. When he finally recovered it, he immediately returned to his quest to find his beloved sorceress.

I've only played W2 and im not sure when he lost his memory. I thought that he was set out to find Triss (in the W3) which i thought was his lover but she was that in the W2 only because he had lost his memory of Yennefer? Am i wrong or is it more to it then that? did he regain his memory in the end of w2 or in the beginning of W3? can some1 clarify the lover situation between Triss and Yennefer and when his memory went away and came back?

The twists of fate have separated and reunited Geralt and Ciri several times over the years and Geralt continues to search for the girl to this day.

Geralt lost his memory when he escaped from the Wild Hunt. This is the event that starts the first game, and is roughly five years after his "death".
In the first game, he doesn't recover any memories.
During the second game, he recovers his memories, and he finds out about Yennefer for the first time. By the end of the game, he remembers most of it.
At the end of the second game, he goes out to find Yennefer. Triss is already with him, but it looks like they separate sometime in the six months between the end of TW2 and the start of TW3.
The situation between Triss and Yennefer is, to say the least, complicated. There's a long, long thread on it here, so it's probably better to wander in there than repeat it here...
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/21184-The-Yennefer-Triss-choice-in-TW3
Ciri isn't really discussed at all in the games, so unless you've read the books, you wouldn't be expected to know anything about her until TW3 starts.

I can't guess what story of W3 will look like, but Geralt as we know him had two most important persons in his life - Yennefer nad Ciri.

Many things depends on his memory and informations - if he will learn about them or recollect his memories, he wil definitelly find them and fight for them.
Triss x Yennefer - best friends and female rival at the same time. But now I think they will have other problems than events from past.

Triss is his friend (one of the best) - again ... not sure how W3 will look like, but they slept together, she saved his life few times, he saved her life,..

Ciri is Geralt's surrogate daughter and the secondary protagonist of the novels. It's indicated from the previews that Geralt and Yennefer have already either met or communicated through letters, and they aim to unite their forces to search for Ciri. Like the novels before, the game appears to revolve around Ciri's potential as a magical weapon, and how different parties seek to exploit her to their own ends -- the Wild Hunt being the most dangerous and sinister of those forces at the moment.

So no, most definitely not a side quest.

Top Bottom