Season Pass?

+
Season Pass?

I've already pre-ordered it and the retailer told me "season pass" was available exclusively there ( EB Games ). I thought there would be all the 16 DLC being free to all of us, then why came the season pass?

The 16 DLC are still free. The season pass is for 2 expansions that will have 30 hours of additional content. The first will be out late this year and the second will be out sometime in 2016.

The 16 free DLC will be available to all who buys the The Witcher 3 game.

The Season Pass will at some point be available for all to buy digitally. You can already buy the Season Pass from GOG.com and Steam. You can also buy the Season Pass from Xbox Live, PSN, Origin, although I am not sure if the Season Pass has been made available on those market places yet but it will be there soon.

The Season Pass (expansion packs), at this stage, will not be sold in retail. I am hoping that CDPR will at some point sell the expansions in retail. But no word on that yet.

Retailers like EBgames and Gamestop will say anything just to get you to pre-order (reserve) the game from them. That is why retailers love exclusive game content. To get people to buy from them.

No game content for The Witcher 3 is exclusive to any retailer. There are pre-order incentives like key chains, steelbooks, posters, comics, ect, that will be exclusive to some retailers.

This comment will be deleted because I am too sure of myself. LOL. Thank you mods. So you will have to ask CDPR to answer you about EBgames selling the Season Pass, exclusively at retail. I am not CDPR therefor I can not answer you. Thank you mods.

Season pass for what? All DLC's are gonna be free regardless of platform.
There's an Expansion Pass for 2 upcoming expansions.

There is absolutely NO justification for any retailer claiming they will have an exclusive "Season Pass" for game content. CDPR have said repeatedly that all game content will be available to all purchasers of the game - it will not be dependent on when you buy (no pre-order content bonuses) or who you buy from (no retailer content bonuses).

@Persei8. This time you're right ;)

Season Pass is were they sell you DLC that has not been released yet. You can buy a Season Pass when the game is launched and all/some of the upcoming DLC will be free or will come at a reduced price. Most of the time it's at a reduced price. Season Pass now, to pay less later. Ya that's why people hate it, plus that most of the time the DLC is not worth the Season Pass amount.

Season Pass already has a bad vibe to it. CDPR are making expansions. So they calling it expansions. But they selling us the Pass now to get two expansions at a reduced price. They can't call it expansion packs because packs refer to retail packaging. They are selling expansion DLC. Expansion DLC being sold now through a Pass at a reduced price, to get two expansion DLC later.

So Season Pass, Expansion Pass, same damn thing. Only that Season Pass can and does most of the time, turn into something bad. Expansion Pass, you know you buying two expansions for the game. Season Pass, are you buying discount or are you buying DLC?

It is currently referred to as an expansion pass... (I do sort-of recall it at announcement being a season pass for the expansions ~ but that might be a misremembering).

It has *nothing whatsoever* to do with DLC, or the reduction of the cost of DLC (which have always been and will always be smaller items offered for the special price of free, gratis and for nothing, reduced further to nothing if pre-ordered, the costs increasing after launch date to ... wait for it... nothing).

What is pays for is content of substantial value and length ~ some 30 hours planned (which is longer than some AAA titles), and is in the tradition of expansion packs from the days before microtransactions and paid for DLC were a thing.

Where the Devil did people get this 'Season Pass' nonsense? The official promotions I've seen, so far, refer to it as the 'Expansion Pass'.

I don't think it was the best term to coin because when people see the word pass they simply think of the traditional season passes offered by the likes of Ubisoft or Activision.

Where the Devil did people get this 'Season Pass' nonsense? The official promotions I've seen, so far, refer to it as the 'Expansion Pass'.

A little later but, it would be a good idea fixing the title thread writing Expansion instead Season..... the misunderstood can grow up exponentially as new readers begin to incorporate in this forum looking for information on the subject.

Top Bottom