Blood Decals

+
I honestly could forget about head-turning, clouds etc.

But scrapping such a basic mechanic like blood splatter is just inexcusable, hell even crappy Dragon Age Inquisition has it, not to mention Witcher 1 and 2.

I honestly could forget about head-turning, clouds etc.

But scrapping such a basic mechanic like blood splatter is just inexcusable, hell even crappy Dragon Age Inquisition has it, not to mention Witcher 1 and 2.

Not to mention ever game since like early 2000's

You'd think blood would be decent enough. You'd think that a REVOLUTIONARY GAME WITH REVOLUTIONARY GREPHX could handle particle based blood.
God I am getting myself worked up.

The funniest thing is, that i cant imagine, how exactly this tiny features (well, except semi-volumetric clouds) can impact the performance?! It's just BS!

My only guess that something about all these features were bugged and there wasn't a way to get them fully fixed and working as intended in time before release so instead they got scrapped.

It's the only explanation I can come up with.

My only guess that something about all these features were bugged and there wasn't a way to get them fully fixed and working as intended in time before release so instead they got scrapped.

It's the only explanation I can come up with.

They delayed the game so many times..no way THAT is the reason.

I love how the people complain about non-final build...
And btw I just saw nice puddle of blood in Gopher second video...(don't know if it stays for long)...

I love how the people complain about non-final build...
And btw I just saw nice puddle of blood in Gopher second video...(don't know if it stays for long)...

And I just love how people don't read the thread before they post :)

a) we're not talking about puddles after somebody drops dead
b) non final build or not, Marcin Momot confirmed it gone - http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34773-Blood-Decals?p=1620407&viewfull=1#post1620407
c) read the first post, seriously

Joining the mourning of the gloriously blood decals that are gone. Maybe if this thread has enough pages something will be done in a after-launch patch.

Except nobody has "confirmed" anything gone. All Marcin has said is that he cannot see them either in the build he played. People have "confirmed" it themselves that it's gone(along with a bunch of other stuff). I would wait for further clarification. They're just a bunch of decals, there isn't a performance reason not to have them.

What? that is weird, so no blood decals on the ground at the end, I am so so so sad :(
i think i makes combat is getting better than ever, when i played Witcher 2, i was sad for finishing moves by clips, and now, the Witcher 3, no blood decals, haha, don know why?
I really do hope some modders will do this job :lol:

Just checked back in this thread and saw all the new posts.

No decals, no mediation animation, no head turning :(.
I could understand if there was a major bug with them or something, but to scrap them when they were already woroking and in the game instead o f making them an "optional" feature (if it was scrapped for performance reasons) makes no sense to me.

Really really hope they will return in a patch or something.

Noo. Why would they cut out blood splatters? It can't be for performance reasons. Imagine fighting a group of thugs in an open grass field, the field slowly turn red from all the blood splatters. :facepalm: doesn't make any sense.

Just no. It was already perfect in the 35min. demo, every blow seemed much more impactfull and the whole scene was more dramatic this way, why change it.
Really hoping that it is somehow in the final build or that it will be patched back in, because this particular future (together with the water movement in the swamps) was one of my favorites.
Please reds, make it happen.

I really can't imagine this to be on purpose. We'll be able to split bodies in half, but they DECIDE to take out the blood splatters? Even though they were already in a game which gives a lot of customization options to the players? Never! Im LEEEVE ned!

If they haven't already (which I doubt), they'll either see this thread and patch it back in or they have fixed it already in the final build. I'm calling it: There Will Be Blood!

Last edited:
Joining the mourning of the gloriously blood decals that are gone. Maybe if this thread has enough pages something will be done in a after-launch patch.

Well that's my hope too :p

CDPR supposedly likes to listen to feedback :)

And I don't believe this is that hard to put back in since it was working just fine in the 35 min demo

hopefully these things can come back into the game as DLC if not CDPR have allot of things they need to put back in the game when they make an enhanced edition. CDPR need to do the game and the fans justice. If things have been removed than those who plan to buy the game should know why at the very least. but what is reasonable is that features should not have been removed at all since they were working in the 35 min demo. will any version of the game be the complete one? that demo was the quality we were expecting, if things where removed for performance reasons than that needs to be explained, but that doesn't warrant the loss for PC players who could of run it. As a console player the parity is comforting, but it is not comforting at all as a fan to know that the final game in the series will be born on all platforms with missing fingers, don't dare try to tell me to be happy because at least it can walk.

Top Bottom