Prices for Game and Expansion packs

+
Prices for Game and Expansion packs

Hi i wanted to ask if anyone knows if those of us who bought the $150 collectors edition will receive some sort of discount on the Expansion packs coming out?

They now offer a GAME + Expansion bundle for the standard edition and you get the DLC for only $19.99 after subtracting the cost of the game.

it seems a little unfair that they announce this so late and close to the release and not even offer a bundle for those of us who shelled out $150 for the Collectors Edition.

I hope we do get something like a discount off the Expansions.

Why do people always use the collector's edition to want more and want discount.

You mentioned the game + expansion bundle. As far as I know, that applies to the digital game and digital expansion packs.
The standard edition retail copy is a stand alone copy.
The collector's edition retail copy is a stand alone copy.
Digital version is a stand alone copy.

When the The Witcher 3 Game of The Year edition gets released at retail with the retail game and the retail expansions bundled together, I'm sure it will come at a discounted price.

The discount you referring to comes from having The Witcher 1 + The Witcher 2 digital versions.

So to answer your question. No you will not get any discount for the digital expansion packs because you bought the retail collector's edition.

I'm getting the Xbox One collector's edition because of the extra goodies. I'm getting the standard retail PC version because of no drm. I'm getting the gog version because thank you CDPR. I'm getting the digital expansions because more Witcher content. And I hope that CDPR will release the expansions at retail so I can buy that too.
Wait... I should be asking for a discount... nah I want to support CDPR because Cyberpunk 2077 is coming.

I think what you are asking for is only the ability to pick up the expansions for the same increment as if you bought a bundle. To be fair I think this *should* be available to anyone who had a preorder before the announcement (or even just in principle all preorders).

So long as you aren't asking for additional discount because of the expense on "other materials"... the higher cost is for the physical "goodies". I don't think this is what you want though, as you did seem quite clear what the issue was to me (see above).

Yes you got it spot on.

If they allow us to purchase it at the same cost as those who buy the bundled version it would be fine.

if they announced a bundled version all those months ago i bet you everyone would of just bought that instead.

Why would you get a discount? You paid extra for your rare goodies and stuff, not for content that everyone else would have to pay a fair price for.

Maybe try understanding the question. He isn't asking for a discount because he bought a statue, just that GoG+Expansion less GoG be the same as CE+Expansion less CE. That seems a reasonable request to me. Whether he will get any joy or not I couldn't guess, but there is no "entitlement because I spent a lot of money" aspect.

hmmm curently game is 53.99 and with pass 79.99 Which is $26 for the expansion pass... So if you got the CE for 10% off also like their current sale on game you are getting the season pass for less than those buying at same time...

If sale on game itself stops I'd think the game + DLC will go up as well... So shouldn't the Game + DLC be 78.99 not 79.99?

Last edited:
Maybe try understanding the question. He isn't asking for a discount because he bought a statue, just that GoG+Expansion less GoG be the same as CE+Expansion less CE. That seems a reasonable request to me. Whether he will get any joy or not I couldn't guess, but there is no "entitlement because I spent a lot of money" aspect.
Well, the reason why there is a discount on GOG is that it's CDP's own shop and they want people to buy there. And of course you can only effectively bundle the game with the expansion on the same shop. It would be way more difficult for CE owners. They'd had to sent receipts from their local shop to GOG manually or whatever. So it involves way more work than the internal GOG version. And of course CDP make less money with the CE than with the digital versions they sell on GOG. So they CAN give discounts there much more easily.

Nobody is getting a discount on the Expansion pass. There are only pre-order discounts on the base game.

Shame that the Expansion Pass cost 19% more..

I think it's a shame that the shop that is created by the same company that is behind The Witcher 3 does not give me as a new consumer a fair price on the Expansion Pass when you consider that they set the price 19% higher than their competitors:

It may be for reasons that I do not know, something about my country. I'm just saying that it does not look good for somebody who is new to GOG and live in my country when every competitors sell the Expansion Pass for 19% less.

Believe me, I did not mention this here because I didn't want to use or buy from this company services.
I mention this here because I want to give GOG a chance and I feel that this price is unfair.

Attachments

• uplay-price.png
    uplay-price.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 53
  • origin-price.png
    origin-price.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 75
  • steam-price.png
    steam-price.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 58
  • gog-price.png
    gog-price.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 57
Well I think that you will get way more content with the Expansion Pass than one Assassin's Creed Season Pass will ever offer. it is more expensive yes, but it will offer more than 50 hours of story, so...

Well I think that you will get way more content with the Expansion Pass than one Assassin's Creed Season Pass will ever offer. it is more expensive yes, but it will offer more than 50 hours of story, so...
I think you have to read and see my post again, carefully.

If you buy The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pass from Uplay, it cost 19% less than GOG.
Plus you get Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for free, the game that is.

Origin, Uplay and Steam sells The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pass for 19% less than GOG sells it for.

Last edited:
I think you have to read and see my post again, carefully.

If you buy The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pass from Uplay, it cost 19% less than GOG.
Plus you get Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for free, the game that is.

Origin, Uplay and Steam sells The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pass for 19% less than GOG sells it for.

Oh, my bad then my point is completely invalid.

It is 24.99 on both steam and GOG for me...
I understand there are price differences in different parts of the world.
But I speak for us in Norway. These are the prices we get for the same product from GOG, Origin, Steam and Uplay.

PS: Obviously this can be ignored but then it is likely that those in Norway buys elsewhere than GOG for the price is 19-20% lower on every other known services and you get the same value for less money, even a free game from one of them but it is the pricing that matters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom