[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 Screenshots and Artwork

+
That bit with him on that snowy peak is awesome. All the faces are amazing. Lord, help me this game is looking too good to be true.

3 new screenshots:
I really hope they bring back fog in a dlc or patch. This scene with mist or fog either completely dense or just creeping around the ground would be so epic in terms of atmosphere.

I really hope they bring back fog in a dlc or patch. This scene with mist or fog either completely dense or just creeping around the ground would be so epic in terms of atmosphere.

Fog/Mist hasn't gone anywhere. Damien even specifically mentioned it when he was talking about the Foglets.

You see a fog rising and suddenly some pale figures circling you. Then they will come in and materialise next to you. Freaky stuff. Now when I see natural fog I take my sword out and look around just in case.

There'll be fog, Monnier have said that his favorite monster is the foglet:
" You see a fog rising and suddenly some pale figures circling you. Then they will come in and materialise next to you. Freaky stuff. Now when I see natural fog I take my sword out and look around just in case. "

I really hope they bring back fog in a dlc or patch. This scene with a mist of fog either completely or just creeping around the ground would be so epic in terms of atmosphere.

2PM, i doubt there'd be fog irl.

aren't there creatures called foglings? the premise of their existence is around fog, and Damien Monnier was saying in the community interview that he always takes his sword out when natural fog gathers just in case. I assume that there still is non-fogling fog for you to enjoy :)

In all the recent screens that show the sky, the clouds always seem so flat. Where did the semi-volumetric clouds go? Have they been cut down?

The only semi-volumetric clouds in past videos were around mountains, not in the sky.. and there are still clouds around the mountains, but probably not semi-volumetric.. but something like in Skyrim

Volumetric fog was removed, not fog itself (My guess is on semi-volumetric). Also Jose said that he's still working on it, to see if they can add it in a later date.

Was there ever volumetric fog? Looking at the nvidia tech demo they refer to it as "aerial perspective fog" and "semi volumetric clouds"

When you see the map in that video, it seems he is way more north of the place in this new map, so I guess we haven't seen it yet.. don't forget, that there are many places in Velen region where there are bodies laying around or places of battles

Yeah but this is not Velen region but White Orchard and in the CE map this places is set just under White Orchard/Wyzima, far away from Velen. I think it's juste that White orchard map don't have the same orientation that the rest of the world.

Yeah but this is not Velen region but White Orchard and in the CE map this places is set just under White Orchard/Wyzima, far away from Velen. I think it's juste that White orchard map don't have the same orientation that the rest of the world.

Ahhh, yeas you are right.. but I still think that we haven't seen that place so far.. even in White Orchid there could be many places of war

Ahhh, yeas you are right.. but I still think that we haven't seen that place so far.. even in White Orchid there could be many places of war

Maybe but WO is a rather small area and this moment in the video fit the descritpion with the impaled bodies and the battelfield.

Also in the map the only place that look like a burned battlefield is the one in the north-east:

Top Bottom