Just bought the game on Steam and I STILL have crashes every hour or so...

+
Just bought the game on Steam and I STILL have crashes every hour or so...

So yeah,

I've seen MANY MANY posts about how crashy the game is on Windows 7but seriously not even a single fix. Or patch, or anything.
Tried to download the 4GB patch thingie that I found on Steam, but it's not working.

I really could use some help, because this is getting ridiculous.

Thank you.

Without describing your hardware configuration, it's not very helpful. Steam itself can interfere with the game. Did you try the GOG version? It's DRM free, so you might have better luck with it.

You can get it here (since you already own the Steam version, GOG provides it for free): https://www.gog.com/witcher/backup

Yea, right. Going to try that because others told me it might be because of Steam itself.
However is there any way to NOT download again just copy & paste the bigger files so I don't have to download 10 gb again?

Yea, right. Going to try that because others told me it might be because of Steam itself.
However is there any way to NOT download again just copy & paste the bigger files so I don't have to download 10 gb again?

I wouldn't mess with doing it (I'm not familiar with Steam version so not sure how exactly it differs from DRM-free one). Just get the GOG one and try it out.

Try and disable Auto save. I have seen multiple people with this problem and disabling autosave really helped.

Top Bottom