[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 - Reviews

+
It all sounds damn good, but i would be lying if i didn't say i am mildly shocked about the reports that the main story is full of fetch quests, and even one source says the side quests are just as fun as the main quest. Uh...what? But i recall lots of people from the media a few weeks ago claiming that after 12 hours of playing...barely any side quest was found that turned out to be a fetch quest. In fact they said they were all meaningful. What tha helll?

It all sounds damn good, but i would be lying if i didn't say i am mildly shocked about the reports that the main story is full of fetch quests, and even one source says the side quests are just as fun as the main quest. Uh...what? But i recall lots of people from the media a few weeks ago claiming that after 12 hours of playing...barely any side quest was found that turned out to be a fetch quest. In fact they said they were all meaningful. What tha helll?

The only review I´ve read so far that complains about that is the IGN one. Other reviews actually praise the main story and its quests, so it´s mostly subjective I guess.

The Gamesradar review talks about pop in right as you walk in front of you (unaceptable), along with other problems, such as low frame rate.

"Some of its flaws are easily shrugged off as mildly amusing idiosyncrasies: boxes floating alone in mid-air above the ocean, children clipping into each other like unsettling Russian dolls, impressive Griffins arriving in cutscenes only to land inside your own horse, its head extruding from
a horrific mess of limbs.

Others graduate into genuinely grating territory – frequent, noticeable pop-in of small objects, trees and foliage, occasionally entire NPCs – not to mention your horse’s wayward controls. Most damaging by far though is the framerate, which hardly ever feels like it’s keeping its head above 30fps during combat, and occasionally slows to below 20 in sparsely populated scenes for no discernible reason. "

Ok I'm officially ignoring reviews...

Kevin complained that Geralt's hair waved in 'closed' locations... while some of us know that windows were open so there was a draft that explained that. He calls that a bug... Then... one praises the open world... another is saying it's a failure... then a lot of fetch quest another says quite opposite....

So it's obvious that the only review I'm waiting for is my own... and yours of course... just because I know you a little.
Then let's remember that everyone has its own 'fetch-quest' definition. All I know that it is good and we don't have to worry...we argue about the details later.... ;)

The Gamesradar review talks about pop in right as you walk in front of you (unaceptable), along with other problems, such as low frame rate.

"Some of its flaws are easily shrugged off as mildly amusing idiosyncrasies: boxes floating alone in mid-air above the ocean, children clipping into each other like unsettling Russian dolls, impressive Griffins arriving in cutscenes only to land inside your own horse, its head extruding from
a horrific mess of limbs.

Others graduate into genuinely grating territory – frequent, noticeable pop-in of small objects, trees and foliage, occasionally entire NPCs – not to mention your horse’s wayward controls. Most damaging by far though is the framerate, which hardly ever feels like it’s keeping its head above 30fps during combat, and occasionally slows to below 20 in sparsely populated scenes for no discernible reason. "

Well that sounds pretty bad, he played it on PS4?

What a stupid, stupid move by CDPR to have the game revieved on debug PS4s. I know that they wanted reviews before release date and that they are still working on day one patch for PC, but c'mon.

All the reviews that awarded the game a score lower than 9 complained mainly about technical issues. Issues that would have most likely been non-existant on a high-end PC. Loading times. Pop-in. Framerate.

What a stupid, stupid move by CDPR to have the game revieved on debug PS4s. I know that they wanted reviews before release date and that they are still working on day one patch for PC, but c'mon.

All the reviews that awarded the game a score lower than 9 complained mainly about technical issues. Issues that would have most likely been non-existant on a high-end PC. Loading times. Pop-in. Framerate.

PoP in will exist in all versions. The problem is that the console versions have the unbelievably annoying pop in right in front you where you walk! That will not go away with a patch.

---------- Updated at 03:39 PM ----------

Hmm, then more people should notice such a glaring problems...

They have. They just think that they are not a big problem. I don't have a problem bugs here and there, it's normal. But rocks appearing right in front of your feet is unaceptable.

Well, congratulations CDPR for getting such nice reviews and high ratings.

still waiting for the PC mouse&keyboard reviews (will come later, probably next week - they haven't sent out PC-review-copies yet).

Top Bottom