[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 - Reviews

+
:huh: The honest trailer is out ...
" ... the quest to find Ciri, the princess that is always in another castle"
That joke works every single time whit me.

Something I like from "Honest game trailer" is, no matter if the review is positive or negative, they always sound like they had played the game. They throw here and there little tokens of knowledge you wouldn't get by reading the game's cliff notes.

This guy is the most prominent Youtuber that's been mostly negative about The Witcher 3.

[video=youtube;-8benTBehBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8benTBehBM[/video]

[video=youtube;paXYnP2O-9I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paXYnP2O-9I[/video]

What are your thoughts?

That guy said "The entire game doesn't impress me in any sort of way", yet he just played for 2.5 hours, which he felt like playing for 6? Did he mean the entire 2.5 hours? I've been playing this game for about 150 hours and still impressed, but I'm holding any review or rating on GOG until I finished completely. Internet is a dangerous and funny place, eh? :)

DSP's review

DSP's original LP of Witcher 2 became the source of no small amount of controversy, so I thought I would draw ppl's attention to his review for Witcher 3:

For those who don't want to watch the video, here are his basic thoughts:

Pros:
Good Graphics
Tons of Content
Great Story
Detailed Open World

Cons:
Outdated Combt System
Bugs on PS4
Lack of Bioware-style Party-System

He compare's the game a lot to DAI. What do you guy's think, is he fairer than he was with the last game?

DSP's original LP of Witcher 2 became the source of no small amount of controversy, so I thought I would draw ppl's attention to his review for Witcher 3:

Pros:
Good Graphics
Tons of Content
Great Story
Detailed Open World

Cons:
Outdated Combt System
Bugs on PS4

He compare's the game a lot to DAI. What do you guy's think, is he fairer than he was with the last game?

DSP is many things a good reviewer he is not, but reviews are just opinions and in my opinion witcher 3 is a 10/10 overall one of the best games I have ever played and anyone who shares that view should not care about other views.

Pros:
Good Graphics
Tons of Content
Great Story
Detailed Open World

Cons:
Outdated Combt System
Bugs on PS4

I have to disagree with this guy ...dont know why I even watched it .. but I needed a break from study ... I gotta say 99% of those things he mentions are clearly positives in my eyes .. while in his oppinion he criticiized stuff like being alone for too long :D ... I mean he points out "flaws" which this game clearly intented as features and I see them as that....

There are some points like getting 5exp for a quest, which come all down to levels/levling ( personally though I never felt this to be a problem myself .. since I alway did quests when I reached recommended levels...) Which is what I think the game wants you to do(obviously...) ... since level scaling is not a thing ... (which is good) ... or let me say : better than level scaling at least. I think its as good as it gets...

When it comes to loot , again... im very happy with this system ... there are decent drops ... yeah they are times when you find stuff that you cannot immideatly craft ( again no lvl scaling being criticized by him)

another point (lvl scaling again xD) is fighting monster with higher lvl than yours ... I think you start seeing a pattern on his pov....

So overall, the things this game intented are imo "what I have always wished for in an rpg" ... it handled "scaling" as good as it could ! And it works if you do play it as intended ... Now that might throw some off , since they cant excersice their freedom of exploration at any given point of the game .... but I dont see what holds you from coming back later ... Level scaling is an issue in general, but I think they handled it better than any other rpg out there .... I dont want to go back to have cheap as monsters scaling to my level forever.... ...

The thing I noticed after several playthroughs : witcher gear armor could use a little nerving in terms of armor values ... it gets a little too strong ... .. In my first playthrough it worked very well (didnt craft all the op witcher gear), but as soon as I started going for witcher gear , game just got way too easy(felt like playing on normal or easy mode) - im serious about this ... witcher gear = a tad too op ... nerv those witcher armor sets ( the normal versions are mostly ok , but the enhanced versions are way to OP ( witcher gear lvl 1 is already stronger than everything else) upgrading to lvl 2 or 3 turns death march into easy mode ! Maybe another difficulty lvl needs to surface ;)

Last edited:
Seems Extra Credits may have been perusing the forums as @GuyNwah is the one of the first to make this correlation to hard boiled detective fiction, and Marcin Blacha gave him a RED point for it. They're late to the party at any rate, as all three games are basically detective stories.

Last edited:
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Best Detective Game Ever Made?

Edit: i just saw tometzky already posted this........mine can be deleted then

Last edited:
Top Bottom