day 0/1 patch

+
day 0/1 patch

hi i just made an account to this awesome forum, i've been here for quite a while though lol.
but having read all the recent reviews which say the frame rate is unstable below 30fps and there are still a lot of bugs and pop ins etc I, as a console peasant myself, kinda got "worried". Not that I don't trust CDPR, in fact i'm certain they will fix this. My question however is; Will these sorts of issues be fixed in the day 0 or day 1 patch?

I will enjoy the game nonetheless of course :smiling: but it would be nice to know.

Well CDPR have said that those review builds were two weeks old and they've improved performance since then... Other than that... wait and see I guess.

I know for sure that there'll be a day one patch. I don't think the bug are that bad . And CDPR is very gift-full if they can't fix the bugs in time they will compensate us. (i hope).

please, please Blood Splatters, please! :D

Don't worry, I saw some of the leaked videos and there was blood splatter on the ground after hitting someone. I will try to find that video (though it might be taken down if I saw it on youtube, cant remember)

edit: yeah the video was taken down, it was on ps4 gameplay. Also the most recent official video that shows xbox one doesn't have the bloodsplatters so I think that is an old build. But I saw the bloodsplatters and it looked really nice. It was both from humans and monsters when you hit them and the blood flies through the air and then it stays on the ground, but not too long maybe 5-10 seconds.

Last edited:
Don't worry, I saw some of the leaked videos and there was blood splatter on the ground after hitting someone. I will try to find that video (though it might be taken down if I saw it on youtube, cant remember)

Please, if you find it, communicate with others who want to see it by PM only. Post it here and it will get taken down as soon as the moderators take notice.

It would not surprise me at all to see a day-one patch. They went to gold master 5 weeks before release. The odds of finding zero critical bugs in 5 weeks in 22 gigabytes of software are somewhat longer than the odds of an asteroid making a six million mile detour to collide with the Earth this week.

What's the substance that caused your concern? Who's making these claims?

Virtually every review out there?

Gamespot. IGN, Gamestar, Gametrailers and so on and so forth and before anyone slams them they've all given the game over 90 in terms of score.

Virtually every review out there?

Gamespot. IGN, Gamestar, Gametrailers and so on and so forth and before anyone slams them they've all given the game over 90 in terms of score.
Quite so, it would seem. I was caught by surprise, that is, reviews being released today.

There's probably going to be a Day One patch.

Nearly every single game in the current generation of consoles gets them. I expect there will be one. Personally, unless the game is hardlocking on me and has game breaking bugs, it doesn't bother me. But, if it's a major concern for you, I suggest you wait and see. By the end of next week, we should know if the performance hiccups were fixed with a patch or not, or if there even was a patch. Waiting on word of mouth of people who buy it on the 19th would be the safest bet on that front.

Well, from reviews I had read IGN, Gamespot, Guardian. AusGamer, there are some bugs and some texture pop-ins. But absolutely not to be classified as "a lot".

hi i just made an account to this awesome forum, i've been here for quite a while though lol.
but having read all the recent reviews which say the frame rate is unstable below 30fps and there are still a lot of bugs and pop ins etc I, as a console peasant myself, kinda got "worried". Not that I don't trust CDPR, in fact i'm certain they will fix this. My question however is; Will these sorts of issues be fixed in the day 0 or day 1 patch?

I will enjoy the game nonetheless of course :smiling: but it would be nice to know.

Can you provide any quotes? I'd be interested in seeing how the reviews described them.

Yea sure, magic patches one week before launch, was done which couldn't be in months.

They have been optimizing it for months a little bit at a time not all in one bug chunk... they accomplished quite a bit in that time... patching isn't a long time between progression thing. It optimized gradually over time. They've said that they have made improvements since the review version. (Now if you believe them or not is up to you)

Edit: The question should be how much better will it be...

Don't games have to go Gold quite a while before they're even released?

If we're talking about the console versions...why wouldn't they keep working on it after the game has gone gold? It's not like this is the first time a developer has done that. This would be the 1,000,000,000 time we've gotten a day one patch on a PS4 or XBO. It's not that crazy a concept...

Top Bottom