#NVIDIA gpu chart for settings | claims 980 -> uber with gameworks ON

+
First of all, buying a 980 instead of a 970 is a complete waste of money, but it's none of my business.

Let's assume the game actually looks the same on PC and PS4 (which it doesn't):
You get 60 constant fps meanwhile on PS4 you would have 25-30. You have hairworks which provides astonishing details on the hairs (and no, it's not a gadget, take a look: http://gfycat.com/SevereSmoggyKomododragon, bigger depth of field, etc.

If you don't mind playing on 30 fps rather than 60 then yes, you're a moron for buying a 980 instead of a console given that this is the main argument for PC (along with Mods, etc.).
As for myself, I can't stand playing on 30 fps any more.
In a couple of months, mods will start popping up, and will completely tear your poor 980 apart.

Also, it has already been said again and again to wait for the 19th. The final build hasn't been shown yet.

I think the issue is that people bought these things on the promise of being able to recreate SoD/VGX graphics, which is why people arguing against it are missing the point.

No amount of patches will put the game back to looking like how it was,, nothing.
Ever heard of mods ? Ever played Skyrim on PC ?
I bet you didn't, right ?

Two things: -I don't care about how it will look on PC. If it is at least as good as on console with 60 fps, i'm definitely fine with it.
-I'm pretty confident the game will look like the SoD trailer, which had me hyped up for this game, very soon.

And yes, I said that if you don't care about the main advantages a PC has to bring but still bought an overpriced card to play on this platform, you're not a smartarse. Sorry for offending you.

Why you guys make us 980 owners feel bad :( ?
Absolutely not my aim, sorry. But the 15% increased performance on a 980 compared to a 970 has never been worth the 50-60% increased price. Unless, of course, you have money flowing all around you.
The GTX 980 is still a great card, but it's way too expensive. Its price should be the one of the 980 Ti, Nvidia fucked up hard on the 980.

Last edited:
I built my first PC ever for this game. I'm actually still in the process of building it. I'm supposed to get a SSD in the mail today.

I'm not sure what to make of all of this downgrade business. I can't tell what's legit and what isn't.

Even if the game doesn't look as good as we had hoped, I think it will still be very enjoyable.

Well, at the end of the day you will still get 60FPS and the cool Nvidia gameworks like the moving animal fur.

--- deleted post ---

Buying a new graphics card JUST for one game is never smart. specially if you base your decision on old trailers and videos that were published like a year before release. Sorry, but that would only be your own fault I'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, been reading various forum topics here on the board. And do not want my first post to be too negative

But then it wasn't your first post, was it?

A few posts have just been deleted. My apologies to everyone else, as it did mess up the conversation a bit.

Last edited:
I'm still very comfortable with my 980 purchase. I didn't build my rig for THIS game... I bought it to game today tomorrow and beyond. Was it pricey? For the immediate future yeah sure, but I'm in it for the long haul.

Same, man :D If GTX980 perform 80fps on 1080p\ultra\gameworks - we can easily get 60fps on 970 with this settings!
As you mention it: I have also seen a moderator claim the game ran 80 fps on a 980 with Hairworks etc.

Question: How can he know that ? Has he tried ? Did anyone tell him ?

Because if I can run 60 fps on my 970 with hairworks on ultra, I'll be the happiest man alive.

I've bought my 980 for the time until pascal hits the market. when it does probably in 2016 i will swap it to the newest pascal flagship( not titan) . So far I'm very satisfied with my 980 it ocs like a pro. i can push 1550mhz stable without touching voltages and without exceeding 70C on air cooling. If it will run witcher 3 on uber+gameworks 1080p with a stable 60 fps then i'll be even more satisfied.

Question: How can he know that ? Has he tried ? Did anyone tell him ?
Why are you so surprised? 980 is powerfull GPU and game is console port :D I personally believe Kinley (I'm sure he did not lie, and he have some source)
I'm sure, that 980 really can handle with this fps (BUT only in some wasteland). And when we shall see in one shot: Geralt+Roach+4-5 wolves, who attacked them (each of them have Hairworks) - then we will spot huuuge frame rate drop.
Hairworks is a freaking FPS beast

Yeah maybe the new driver will increase gameworks performance. honestly i dont really understand how can it take such a performance hit, while in every other game i used hbao and hairworks it literally had zero effect to performance. not even 1 fps. some games i'm talking about: ac unity, farcry 4 ,watchdogs,dying light
I was always precisely monitoring performance and doing ingame benchmarks with afterburner and i've never noticed HBAO+ taking performancehit, same goes for hairworks.
From those games, only Far Cry 4 use hairworks.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015...cs_features_performance_review/5#.VVdGh6mpBPQ

Guess my Titan X's are only going to be used in GTA V :( - Here's to hoping Mods or the INI file can bring them to their knees...

OR OR OR - the footage we have seen just isn't the final PC game... Because Like i've said before:

Marcin said this video was taken from the PC footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm7S18Tqyec

He just didn't say whether this was the FINAL pc footage...

---------- Updated at 01:34 PM ----------

Why are you so surprised? 980 is powerfull GPU and game is console port :D I personally believe Kinley (I'm sure he did not lie, and he have some source)
I'm sure, that 980 really can handle with this fps (BUT only in some wasteland). And when we shall see in one shot: Geralt+Roach+4-5 wolves, who attacked them (each of them have Hairworks) - then we will spot huuuge frame rate drop.
Hairworks is a freaking FPS beast

Lets hope to God it's not just a port... not all the way through.

I'm still very comfortable with my 980 purchase. I didn't build my rig for THIS game... I bought it to game today tomorrow and beyond. Was it pricey? For the immediate future yeah sure, but I'm in it for the long haul.

Same here , I wanted the best experience I could get for Witcher 3 , but also be rdy for games in the futre like mass effect 4 ... as nvidia claims you can go ueber settings & gameworks with 980 gtx ... which you cant with 970 ... so yea for me the 980 was the right choice...

So is a GTX 580 technically below the minimum specs for this game? Any idea what kind of performance a GTX 580 would get based on the comparison to a 960?

I'm actually surprised they are asking for a GTX 980 for the uber settings... I mean, I just found this comparison video and the PC version looks EXACTLY the same same as the PS4 version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xygm7OOsIgQ
I really hope this video is not real... o_O
that video is fake. no proof for platform, no proof for settings, max resolution is 720. i think thats enough to state this video is 100% fake.

Top Bottom