Save or not save Triss?

+
Save or not save Triss?

The Witcher 2 and start of The Witcher 3 which you tell the story of The Witcher 2.

Will you save Triss or not?
She gets saved anyway so I am unsure what meaning it has..

The Witcher 2 and start of The Witcher 3 which you tell the story of The Witcher 2.

Will you save Triss or not?
She gets saved anyway so I am unsure what meaning it has..

Whether or not she shoots you dirty looks every time you rescue someone else? ;)

I saved her, on Roche's path it wasn't even a question, save her or save some royal kid. The choice is harder on the other path

On Iorveth saving her means that Saskia (if alive) will be controlled by the lodge.

On Roche's pat it doesn't really matter as Roche gets Anais no matter what you picked in W2. The game never asks who you gave the kid to only if you went for Triss or the kid. So it has to default to Roche getting the kid, other wise how would it know if you gave the kid to Natalis or the king.

I really want to save Saskia and i don't want her to be under some spell, Triss is fine anyway, my excuse is that she is capable to survive so Gerald can go help Saskia.

Well if you save Triss she will testify against the Lodge and the conspirators, ergo there won't be a massacre of Nordling sorcerers(which is what Emhyr wanted all along) and the Brotherhood will be restored in Loc Muinne. If you don't save Triss because 'she will be saved anyway' the consequences will be no Brotherhood and an even more extensive slaughter in Loc Muinne. Remember Thanedd. Of course I saved her, though I felt bad for Roche, but 'he did good anyway.' ;)

Last edited:
I did Roche's path and saved the child Anais. No second thoughts on that. I never did connect emotionally with Triss since Witcher 1. It's just me though.

I wanted to do a second playthrough and do Iorveth and chose Triss over Saskia, but I have no time now that Witcher 3 is here. I just might use my current save to import, not because of my choices, but mostly because of the tattoo. lol

But if I can make a new game on Witcher 3 that allows to place that tattoo on Geralt, then I'd make a new game and be on Iorveth's side. Otherwise, I'll make a new save file someday in the far future...or download it from somewhere if I can't be bothered to replay Witcher 2.

Top Bottom