[PC] Crash when selecting Fullscreen!

+
[PC] Crash when selecting Fullscreen!

I selected fullscreen over the default borderless window and the game just dumped me to the desktop and sat in the taskbar - couldnt maximise it

I force closed the game and now whenever I try to run it it just does the same thing - goes to desktop and sits in the taskbar!

Cant even load the game to play it!

Have seen others have had similar issues - can someone tell me where the preference file is located so I can delete it to try to get the game to at least load now?

---------- Updated at 03:07 PM ----------

Never mind about the location - I figured it out!

Changed the setting from 2 to 1 so it went back to borderless window and the game at least launches now

Not a good start CDPR! More focus on PC was needed!

Do you use more than 1 Monitor by any chance? I have a similiar issue.

Was trying to figure out what went wrong with all the crashes and basically i can only play with borderless Window, because the Game trys to open the game always on my 2nd Monitor which sucks. I have to disable my 2nd Monitor, start the game again to get it to my Main Monitor and when i try to switch to Fullscreen Mode (For FPS Increase) the Game wants to switch back to my 2nd Monitor which it obviously cant do, because i disabled it and so it crashed everytime.

If i try to start the game with Fullscreen Mode enabled like you it wont even start. Another thing i noticed in Borderless and Windowed mode, with more than 1 Monitor enabled is that i still have to Tab out to use the other Monitor, which is strange. Unfortunaly i dont have a solution to that. Some help would be appreciated.

---------- Updated at 03:29 PM ----------

Anyone else having the Problem that the game doenst seem to recognize Borderless Window correctly, or crashes with Fullscreen and more than 1 Monitors?

Last edited:
Good shout on this!

I have just spent some time faffing on this - I do have a TV connected to the HDMI port of my card, but it was turned off so everything is displayed from the monitor. Game shouldn't have been trying to display on it but I think it was affecting it somehow!

I have unplugged the HDMI and the game will now run full screen!

Not the best solution but one that works in the meantime - really could do with it working when the HDMI is plugged in to save all the faff

Not sure if it relates to the fault but the TV always defaults to screen 1 in windows and Nvidia control panel - I cant for the life of me get it to go to screen 2 - the monitor is only ever labelled screen 1 when the HDMI is unplugged. Maybe something to do with this?

I have HDMI aswell unfortunaly the game wont even start in Fullscreen even if i unplug my HDMI from my GPU. I have to change in user.settings back to Windowmode to to start again.

Really needs addressing this issue of multiple monitors!

Guess they "overlooked" this issue focusing on "console parity"

Alright, same issue here. Funny thing is I played for 7 hours in fullscreen first, then had the black screen no sound crash, and after that can't open in fullscreen. Have to manually change the settings from desktop to borderless first, then launch the game. The instant I try to change back to fullscreen within the game - crash.

Shame. My game ran much smoother in fullscreen compared to borderless.

Edit: Working again after disconnecting other monitors and rebooting. Will try to report back when I have more.

Last edited:
I seem to have had a bit of success disconnecting all connections and reconnecting and setting the display to duplicate

Will need to see how it goes

Were you succesfull with that? Its still unplayable for me

What GPU are you guys using? I am on a GTX 770. If anyone have the same GPU i would appreciate if you report here. Also the problem might be on Nvidias end with their new Driver. Gonna try the old 350.12. I'll report back.

---------- Updated at 01:23 PM ----------

Still the same Problems....

I guess we just have to wait for someone Official...

The same issue. This started happening after installation of a latest Windows 10 update (build 11102). Also it could be because of some driver updates. Tried clean reinstalling of display adapter and monitor drivers - didn't work. Checked if the display duplication feature is enabled, but it's not. Tried switching HDMI ports - didn't work

My rig: i7 4970k, GTX 970

Top Bottom