Bug: Can't Fast Travel / Lost $130,000

+
Bug: Can't Fast Travel / Lost $130,000

Hi there,

Before mentioning any issues, I have to say kudos to all involved. I'm officially 57 hours in and haven't started anything in Skellige yet. HUGE thank you to everyone for such an amazing game.

Unfortunately, upon launching the game today, i ran into a problem. Last night before logging off, I visited Skellige for the first time without starting any quests but bought all the documents so I could fast travel around without having to discover all the islands. Then turned off the game. When I logged on today, I found that I had lost all $130,000 crowns I had...and when I tried to fast travel back to Novigrad, the game crashed. Reloaded the save and tried to return to Novigrad, but it crashed again. After about 12 or 13 crashes in a row, I got back to the original sign post in White Orchard....but when I tried to get to Novigrad from there, it crashed.

After an hour of trying different fast travel points, I reloaded a previous save...but my money was still all gone. Reverted back to 2495.

Right now, I've given up hope and reverted to a previous save that was in Novigrad. But I'm a little scared to fast travel or to gain money again.

Any suggestions? Anything a patch can fix? I absolutely love this game...it just hurts to lose hours of progress and that HUGE amount of money.

Thanks in advance for any help.

---------- Updated at 07:45 PM ----------

I really need someone to respond to this.

I have played for 3 straight hours since I posted the above. I was able to regain all my money and finish a few more quests when In finally died. As soon as I did, the game crashed and I cannot load any of my saves. Continues to crash upon reloading any of my saves.

This marks the first time I've ever had a console game crash and be unresponsive. Please help. I'm now 60 hours in and can't just start over.

Thanks in advance.

---------- Updated at 08:44 PM ----------

Final Update: Can't load saves anymore. Every single one crashes the game. Confused and depressed that I have to let this game go until patches come out. Hours and hours of progress and a few hundred thousand lost behind not being able to launch the game. :(

Last edited:

Thang

Forum regular
Yep, i lost like 60k+ today plus the save bug where i lost 4+ hours of progress makes me wanna puke all over the place. A quick google search shows that there seems to be a magic number of 65k. If you reach that point the game just deletes your money.

I saw that in a few places too actually. So I got it back up around 40k and traveled to Skellige ....got there and once again had 2400. I'm less angry at that and more angry at the fact that trying to fast travel to Velen or Novigrad no completely crashes my game. :/

Basically I've had the same problem, but for me it happened with the PS4 version. Now I'm afraid to use the fast travel. Also - in My case there seems to be no logic to how much money you lose.

Definitely be careful man. I was doing that too...scared to fast travel...and instead? I rounded a corner where I thought I was safe and ran into a level 29 guy who swatted me for a one hit death. After that? Couldn't load anything :(

Xbox one
This issue. I even got my money. Saved. Went toa in menu. Came back and it was all gone.

Edit: 65k is the magic number.

Last edited:

Thang

Forum regular
ofc we exploited to get this much money. there is no way to get this much money so fast in this game without exploiting :) but the money should still not just disapear. it should be limited and stay at 65k if that's the max limit. that's a bug.

I love games I play a lot I pre ordered The Witcher 3 and I played 60 hours in this game now much to my surprise my game wont load no checkpoint or autosave will load every attempt to load or play results in a crash I am very disappointed and very frustrated. Games never had issues and no problems or patches needed to download in order for a product that you paid for with hard earned money to work..

Same thing happened to me today. I was in novigrad and just sold a bunch of stuff at reached around 67k crowns. After I fast traveled to Kaer Morhen I lost most of my crown and was at about 3k. Luckily I had a previous save and I reloaded it up and sold all my stuff again at various different places, Crow's perch and Novigrad, just like prosperously before and I reached 67k again and I fast traveled to Skellige and I lost all my crowns and was down to about 1.3k crowns. I am a PS4 player please fix this I want to play and still keep my vast amount of crowns.

Last edited:
ofc we exploited to get this much money. there is no way to get this much money so fast in this game without exploiting :) but the money should still not just disapear. it should be limited and stay at 65k if that's the max limit. that's a bug.

You can call it an exploit all you want. I took something in the game that was available to me and used it. I didn't use cheat engine. I put in work. Over an hour or two of tedious back and forth work. Not much different than saying fighting random monsters on the road, etc. I put in the time. I did the work. I earned the money.

And they took it away.

Any which way you look at that ...it sucks.

Since I made this original post, I've put in another 90 hours. And I have 40k earned naturally, without seashells. And I actually have to constantly keep an eye on it and sell things...because I know the game is broken and will steal my money if i go much higher than that.

Boo CDPR. Boo.

How the heck are you guys getting 50k+ crowns without even reaching Skellige?

I'm on my way back from Skellige, level 23, and I'm at my all time crown high of ~15k...

You guys cheat or something? Is there a quest that gives 50+k???

Lost 65,000 after fast traveling. Did not cheat, sold items and most of my supplies. Reloaded a previous save and regained the lost gold but the game took all but 3000 after fast traveling. I'm at level 35 and was trying to work up to 100,000 just for the fun of it. Would be nice if they did fix it but not a game stopper.

Top Bottom