• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Seen NPC followers drop from a ledge by kneeling down turning and descending safely. I'm really bothered by the astronomical damage Geralt gets. Am I really dumb for not being able to figure this out or is Geralt unable to do it?

Why are there only two pocket slots for consumables? It's extremely "gamey" to go into the menus, equip ie. cat, drink it, switch it back to combat potions and continue. Meanwhile, the slots for miscellaneous items are always occupied by my torch, and a quest item that I never use. Waste of space. Best solution in my opinion would be to unlock the slots, allowing you to equip as many potions/bombs as you have slots.

On that note, it would be a very welcome feature to have a book tab. I like to keep the books and notices I've found, but it takes forever to scroll past them each time I'm fiddling around with bombs or potions.

Also, please revert the loot window to its size prior to 1.04, or make it an option. I have no idea why you would increase it to nearly a quarter of my screen size, but it's jarring.

Thanks for your support and keep up the good work!

Edit:
Seen NPC followers drop from a ledge by kneeling down turning and descending safely. I'm really bothered by the astronomical damage Geralt gets. Am I really dumb for not being able to figure this out or is Geralt unable to do it?

Are you pressing dodge just before you touch the ground? It prevents a ton of damage in most situations.

Last edited:
Bring back the characters after completing the game. Don't revert us to a previous chapter, make the actions there that we can see them.

First i just want to say this game is the best ever lol......
But PLEASE!!! Cdproject would be possible to add more quick slots or a bigger radial menu with more slots for our potions or bombs would be really great!.... it is really annoying opening the inventory too many times to change our bombs and potions for different situations

Can you add an option to the crafting inventory so you can rearrange it by level?
i have like 20+ swords for crafting and its a mess finding a sword for my level!
its like sword level 1 next is level 3 then 45 and 20 and after that is beck to sword level 9 and so on...
it will be nice to be able to rearrange it by level, name or damage.

Hope you consider this for the next update.

The two bigest problems i found while playing the game were, even on the hardest dificult game becomes too easy as you level up and not using alchemy makes almost no diference to defeat enemies.
#Problems and sugentions of solutions:
- Quen sign is too strong, with the fast stamina regeneration you can cast it again every time it breaks and lets supose an attack would deal 1000 damage but u have a quen shield of 50, the damage will destroy quen but the rest of the 950 will just disapear so if u keep using quen every time it breaks u become close to undefeatable even if the enemies could 1 hit kill you without quen. Solution: 30s cd on quen
- Red mutagems are too strong, it is one of the primary things that makes the game too easy as you level up. Solution: Reduce it's effect by half.
- Rare monsters can be killed easily without using their weaknes. Solution: make it so that if you are not using the oil agaist the rare monster typr you are fighting he takes only 25% of your damage. If this solution is too rarsh for the casual player add it only on harder dificults.
- Alternative Quen can get you full hp.Solution: Cap the hp regeneration to max of 25% of your hp and include a 30s cd same as for normal Quen.
- No perma death on max dificulty. Solution: Include it as an option so you can choose for perma death or not on max dificulty.

Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
No I think you should stop blaming everyone BUT YOURSELF for entering a dungeon without ample food. I carry over 50 food all the time. I buy, loot and hunt (aka kill dog/wolves for raw meat) for food if I ever drop below this mark. Why? Because I know full well how vital food is.
I am not blaming everyone else. And good for you that you carry so much food. But once again, you failed to understand the point. If my health is going to be able to regenerate, and it does, then there is no point in making it regenerate so slow. The times in which food can and should be used, for example, is a part during an unmentioned quest where I had to fight three straight rounds of dogs/wolves before I could save again. Since it was very difficult to avoid ever getting hit, food was absolutely necessary for that particular part of the game. *That* is when food should be used to compensate for increased difficulty. Not between that set of enemies and the 10 seconds it takes to walk to the next group of enemies.
LMAO. Not being able to regen by meditating DOES increase difficulty because it requires you use food to do so, this means you WILL have less money because you have to carry food to regain vitality which means you have to buy food or you can't sell food you find. Not being able to sell food is equal to less loot which you clearly states increases difficulty. So by your OWN standards of what makes things difficult this does increase the difficulty.
No, because health regenerates at 10 points per second after gaining the one perk. So, I do what I said and after a normal battle, I either ride horse to another part of the map or if I have something else to do in the area with enemies around, I pull out my phone and play a round of Candy Crush. Now, as I stated before, if health did not regenerate on it's own, then your point would be 100% valid. And you know what? I would accept it fully then. Either remove health regeneration or else have it fill a short time after battles that are not part of an extended scene (extended scene being my three rounds of dogs/wolves... or maybe they were ghouls. Hell if I remember).
If you fail to bring the right tools for the job that is on you. And you blaming CDPR for you not bringing food is equivalent of pissing into the wind and screaming at the universe because you are getting wet. You failed to plan correctly and instead of GOING BACK and getting food you refuse to. Instead you sat there seething at CDPR for not designing their highest difficulty setting for being unforgiving towards poor planning. It is so clear to me that you have to either lower the difficulty or accept that food is vital.
And how am I supposed to know what the "right tools" are for any quest? There is nothing saying "this is an epically long quest. Bring 50+ food." That is just a number you arbitrarily set. All there is to indicate quest difficulty is a suggested level which I find is completely inaccurate anyways. Granted main quests often take longer than secondary quests, but the length of any quest still varies greatly. I wouldn't want anything telling me the length of a quest either. I did not "blame" anyone. I stated my opinion for what changes I would like to see. Unless you believe anything anyone requests is a change in the game is "blaming" them. I guess by technicality it is. Anything in the game is created by them so any requested change is laying "blame." I think the only thing worse than a bad game mechanic is a person so in love with the studio that they refuse to accept there may be some small faults with a game they made. I see it everywhere. Football Manager forums? Guys who think Sports Interactive are Gods and any error is due to tactics and not errors with the match engine (even if my goal keeper dives at a ball barely rolling towards his feet, then misses it only to see the opponent knock in an empty net goal). Europa Universalis IV forums? Nope. Cannot be errors with the coalition system. They must be working exactly as planned (even though the developers constantly tweak them indicating otherwise). You can disagree with me all you want, but to assume my opinion is invalid because you are self-imposed "expert." Well, that is just silly. For the record, I have progressed a long ways past where I was when I made this post. Doesn't mean I still don't find waiting for my health to regenerate to be quite annoying.

Disable dirty lens look and raindrops on screen

Is there a option to turn that off ? I really hate those effects.
It would make my witcher 3 experience much more enjoyable. Because every time i see it i get annoyed and ask myself "why would you want THAT!?"

In the post -processing options. It should be called Rain. Or in your user.settings file in your documents folder. In the [Postprocessing] section add AllowRain=false

If you want to disable the lens dirt, you need to disable the bloom. As it's tied to that.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's something concerning the ps4 version,but I'd really like to be able to pause the game during a cinematic. I could do that in the previous game. Than, I'd like to be able to cast some signs while moving or to break signs animations. For example, I often have to roll far from enemies in order to cast signs like Quen or they'll just hit me before i can avoid them,forcing me to cast it again. Axii is also very slow to cast but that's good, I'd just like to be able to move while I do it or dodge if something goes wrong. Same with Yrden.
(sorry for my bad English,I'm italian)

I'm a bit disappointed in the hairstyle options as is and I hope they don't leave it like this. Most of them don't look very good imo. and half of them seem like they were put in as jokes.
I really hope they'll bother with adding a few more, such as old favorites like the loose elven hair from 1 or the full raftman's do from 2. Other hairstyles such as the one described in the books with the headband would also be a really neat addition.

Just a few visual things that I reckon would be very easy to provide a game option for or create a mod for:

Option to stop beard growth: makes it so that you can stop the growing of the beard at the desired length, regardless of whether it is clean shaven or nearly full. I was a bit bummed to find out that very deliberately picking even the "short-cropped full beard" option at the barber results in a full santa beard in no time at all.
Option to make hair stop waving crazily: it looks very out of place inside houses and even outdoors sometimes. Fairly sure there are cutscenes in caves where the hair isn't waving like that, so it should be possible.
Option to hide crossbow: just a little toggle to hide the crossbow when it's on your back. I'm currently keeping mine in inventory and only equip it when diving for treasure. It just doesn't look right with it on the back - partly because it interferes with the traditional witcher look and partly because it just looks weird, hanging on by nothing like that. I'm actually surprised how mandatory it is to keep one with you in the first place, considering Geralt himself remarks on that it's not very traditional in the prologue. Like, why does a crossbow work underwater but not signs? It doesn't make sense, but that's beside the point, I suppose.

I'd wondered about that, it's an artistic choice isn't it to promote a cinematic 'look'.
Tomb Raider (2013) did a lot of it.

7 suggestions

I'm level 14 after playing for 4 days (I like to explore) and below I've listed 7 things that I feel should be fixed or reworked. I love this game so far and some slight adjustments could make this game a much more enjoyable experience, please don't think I'm bashing on mechanics I feel are stupid I think my reasoning is just and I hope you hear me out.

1. I think you may be planning this one already: To adjust the inventory to let you sort by type of items, current state all your food, books, scrolls, parchments, candy wrappers, electric donkey bottom biters, potions and bombs are all stored in the same tab with different colors in little icons that are hard to distinguish because they don't have a fixed place in the tab but are randomly thrown around. Give us new tabs where our useful and readily accessed items like potions and bombs are separated from 55 different kinds of food or easier yet just make it so the potions and bombs are always in horizontal levels 1-5 no matter what, before the food and drink. The system now while the colors are great and help you find them, you have to look around and find where it placed them each time.

While on the subject of inventory, let the game log or quest log that appears on the left (the big yellow words) additionally tell you when you pick up a quest item that that item was a scroll and it has now been placed in X place in your bag. Every time I pick up a note I have to check if its with the books & scrolls or in the quest items tab. It would be better to just have one tab for all books and notes and one for quest objects, the quest notes will always appear in the book & scrolls tab but in a special color to indicate they are quest items and in the first horizontal row and little statues and quest objects will remain in the quest items tab in quest color as well. Also there is a possible bug that when you get new items they are not always at the top but sometimes at the top and sometimes at the bottom. The little asterisk is barely visible, maybe make new quest objects also glow so they are even easier to find as well as being in the top no matter what.

2. A scrollable selection to your potions hotbar. You have 10 different kinds of potions and they all share the 2 hotbar slots, R and F, with your food and drinks, which remember are randomly splashed around in "that tab" with 500 other little books and items. It is really immersion breaking when I have to go into inventory 5 times in the middle of a fight just because I needed some healing and thus had to remove my cat eye or thunder breath so I can eat some roasted pig arse and wash it down with a chug of dwarven ale. Possibly make it so harder difficulties can only use swallow during battles and not take a plowing dinner break mid fight with a manticore.

Geralt - "Let's take a break, sir. How do you like yours, medium rare?"
Monster - "dfjdkfjdkfj"

3. To be to lay map markers so you can note down *lvl 15 monster here come back later*. There are random level 20-40 mobs around the places for your level 3-6 quests that you are just supposed to remember to come back to after 20 hours of high adventure. The in game mechanic for this is through a process of elimination as places you visit become greyed out, this isn't a solution as I will have no way to distinguish between a level 10 and a level 20 encounter since Geralt doesn't track it as "There was a strong monster here" but as "This place had a loot chest". This also punishes people who don't want to discover every little location of interest on the map, I do but others shouldn't suffer just because.

4. This is a personal one but I hate the wraith attack animation. Remember those games you played as a kid where your "secret pro tactic" was to stun lock opponents through some gimmicky poorly designed game mechanic, only its the wraiths that abuse it on the player here. They teleport onto you and immediately do a 3 part spin animation where you are locked and cannot dodge or cast a spell or anything really because you are to busy going "ugh! ugh! ugh!". I am extra careful and not charging into them but It can be really bad when the fight pulls all the 5 wraiths in the area and they teleport onto your face and take turns attacking. I got my ass handed to me at level 18 by a group of level 6 wraiths since they appear to do pure damage and bypass all your resistances anyway.

2015 Year of the Wraith: Fail wraiths Path of Exile & fail wraiths Witcher 3.

5. There are things that are "un-walkable/un-doable" that present a sort of invisible barrier to limit your movement. I'm not talking about the edge of the map here. I was out diving for some sunken pirate loot where I happened upon a half sunk ship that had crashed into a rock. I thought to myself "I'll search this ship as all the secret loot in the game cannot possibly be marked as ? can it, there could be a secret here I could be rewarded with. Turns out I wasn't supposed to go inside the ship as you cannot get back out because there is a wooden post that is on the stairs. The cargo hold has no opening under and once inside it is a reload save trap. You can jump in because you control the angle with which he falls, you just can't jump back out because he cannot jump over the wooden post when there is water up to his knees, "state of Geralt=half submerged, jumping verbotten!". This is a special case and probably one of the only few.

Not sure if this has already been said, but it would be cool if something showed up on the map to show the level of the enemies at certain events. So If I come across a treasure guarded by a level 20 monster and I'm not at a high enough level yet, it shos the monsters level on the map so I know when to come back.

Also, it would be nice to have something to show what books have been read, like in W1.

In the post -processing options. It should be called Rain. Or in your user.settings file in your documents folder. In the [Postprocessing] section add AllowRain=false

If you want to disable the lens dirt, you need to disable the bloom. As it's tied to that.

Doesn't seem to work for me unfortunately

I'd wondered about that, it's an artistic choice isn't it to promote a cinematic 'look'.
Tomb Raider (2013) did a lot of it.

Yeah but in Tomb Raider you could at least disable it in the option menu. Hopefully CDPR will patch that option in at some point

6. Plowing Roach.

First, when riding a road automatically, Roach in his superior wisdom, 2 times out of 5, will turn into the most stupid direction. The road may join into one and roach will turn around 120 degrees and follow the second road back instead of just angling left or right 10 degrees and going forward.

Secondly, mid sprint Roach might stop for no reason, sometimes its obvious as he cannot climb a rock which is in the way and that's alright but sometimes he just stops in the middle of a perfectly fine shit covered straight dirt road with 100% stamina for no reason so you have to double shift again, I believe this and the first problem is because his pathing gets reset so he encounters the road a second time. This may be because the road is not 1 big road but 50 different segments that were pasted onto the terrain, every time one segment joins the other Roach will stop and need to start again.

Thirdly, what dictates turning left or right? Geralt's position? The camera? I have to fight the controls when trying to 180 roach, from a full stop. The controls will change because he is turning around and suddenly left becomes right and right becomes left because in a fixed camera situation it would flip around (console), but I'm not on a console, I have a mouse so I'm angling my camera to fit my pleasure and this doesn't have to happen but the game is hard coded to think it is so it happens even if the camera is correct.

Fourth, combat on Roach is sluggish, I'm sure everyone played Mount & Blade so you know how facing left or right should make your character ready his weapon according to camera direction, for Geralt it's not so. He will chose a direction depending on the enemy he thinks the player wants to hit (again you favor console players with this passive target mechanic). This is fine for close quarters horseback combat because it gives immediate response and fluidity but when I'm 8-10 meters far charging towards the enemy, targetting AI will always pick the wrong target, it picks it out of proximity or camera angle rather then what I picked because of Geralt's position ,remember I am role playing Geralt in this game.This forces me to let the game play what it wants and I will just sit back and click the mouse rather then the game letting me play what I want. This makes me feel terrible because why should I play this game if the game will play itself and not let me play? I am now forced to dismount before fights.

Fifth, the slow-mo is misused. It should help the player aim or position himself correctly to be able to hit his target in time because the horse moves very fast. However it slows too much too fast as you enter this state with 3 meters between you and your target, the game already picked the target for me so my sword should be positioned correctly, remember? Geralt's side switching is too slow to be able to change it before those 3 meters are done so if I have it wrong I have to cancel, go back and charge again with the proper side selected anyways. You are then forced to watch this stupid slow motion and then cancel and go back and try again. It feels like a positioning minigame inside a horseback combat minigame inside the combat of the main game. So not only does it force me to attack the target it picked for me but also it can fail because the targetting AI picked a target without account for positioning, speed of charge, terrain, distance of target, it just picks according to camera or proximity. This wouldn't have been a problem if it stopped trying to hold my hand and force a console easening mechanic on me and let me pick my target and dictate the fight in the first place.

Sixth Roach is Roach. One final Roach stupidity (Roachidity?) to finish this segment, I don't know if this happened to anyone else or if it's a bug that triggered because of something I did but I got into a fight in Novigrad. Some bandits jumped me in an alley so I killed them. Before the "combat sequence" was over I jumped on Roach and rode away. I think Roach AI thought we were still in combat as I mounted him. When I dismounted roach because some beggar said something (I thought he was actually talking to me, the city is so fantastically alive) Roach went berserk, he charged into a compound of "Whoreson's Guards" and started kicking them in the face. They didn't react at all but everyone in town went away screaming and it entered me into combat mode with the ... whoresons. I ran away because I knew I shouldn't fight them as they aren't bandits (I don't know who they are yet haven't advanced that much in the story) but now every time I pass in front of that location people run around screaming and I enter combat mode, Roach of course, goes Conan mode and will not answer to my whistles, I hope this doesn't carry repercussions later.

7. Similar to "ugh ugh ugh" it is how Geralt exists as an entity and physically interacts with other objects in the game world. Mr.Light & Mrs.Extinguish are so far the 2 most annoying enemies in Witcher 3. Why is there is a plowing candle next to every barrel or box that I want to loot? I have great difficulty angling Geralt so he does looting and not interacts with the candle. Geralt's walking in how he turns direction is very biased towards console users as they will have a joystick for precise control but with the keyboard he is extremely stiff when trying to make slight maneuvers from standing still, it makes it really hard to angle him for proper barrel looting. Some barrels are hidden behind or under other barrels that you cannot access because the first one blocks your point of interaction. There may also be barrels on top or shelves which are at a height above Geralt's head and looking up isn't enough you have to get your pelvis on the same vertical plane as the object, jump on top of a nearby table or box to be able to interact with the object, this obviously breaks immersion as it looks really stupid. Why not make the whole "pack of barrels" 1 object?

I can imagine the farmer hold his son by the shoulders with one arm and with the other point and say:
"Behold son, that man over there is the master witcher Geralt of Rivia, currently rubbing up against that wall trying to angle himself a certain way so when he spams jump, the back of his boot will be stuck on top of the window edge and then he can reach inside the house and loot the 2 orens and 1/3 of a peasants dirty sock from the barrel that was unreachable from the inside, behold his skill and craftsmanship"
"When I grow up I want to be a witcher just like 'im Pa!"

This problem with barrels carries further, after about level 6 the game for me turned from The Witcher 3 to The Barrel Looter (Balooter? I can already imagine the bestiary entry). There is too many barrels to loot, I have ocd and I have to loot every single one in every single house it's out of the question I forgo any even though I know 99.9% have 1 oren or a broken comb but I have to loot them. I know its to create immersion and a believable world but looting them could be so much easier. I feel like an utter moron when I have a companion/escort during a quest and I have to stop to loot everything because even quest specific areas you know the ones "You will never come here again after this quest" have 10 boxes with stupid shit scattered in every room you visit. Keep them there but ones in a certain proximity should get linked.

I hope you enjoyed the read but do take heed in some of these points in future patches, your fans trust and love you CDPR.

For the love of god... revamp the dang economy/ money... I am so tired of having to pick up loot to the point where I have a million items and they are all only work 1 or 2 gold!!! I mean seriously a gold ring.... 1 gold.... a silver ingot or steel ingot....one gold!!!! This is making me put the game down for a while.. if junk like this keeps up I will not be purchasing any more from this series period!!

+1

---------- Updated at 08:52 PM ----------

Geralt's walk is un-natural. Please rework it..
It is unnatural and overly stiff, especially when in interiors.

More merchant gold. Merchant is out of gold.. Now what?

The walk is comical.. Please take another look at the animations.
Men are not so stiff as that, when walking and running.

I don't like to press four different buttons on the console to control roach
Plus picking up all the ingredients.. So I walk instead.

I don't like to hold down x while also trying to operate the left and right stick.. It's too much.

Can not access last two question marks on map in first area.. Geralt says I've gone too far.

Please please look at Geralt's walking and running and inside buildings animation.. It is really stupidly stiff.

Top Bottom