Confused by abilities selection

+
Confused by abilities selection

So just got past white orchard. Level 4 now. Got all the ability points in white orchard and getting the hang of it. Lot different then the witcher 2.

So I've been selecting abilities, put a few points in quen. Few in fast attack and a few in crossbow.

Now what's confusing me. On the right you have what looks like 4 build choices that can also use a mutagen. I got my first mutagen and learned how it helps the associated 3 skills if they line up in colour. Perfect, understand that.

Now what confuses me is what about all my other abilities I have points in that aren't in that box with a mutagen. Do they not do anything? I haven't unlocked the whole right part of screen yet due to level.

Later on do you swap through the 4 sections for what I want to use or do I get to use 16 abilities total with 4 mutagens that can help them.

I think what I just wrote is more confusing lol.

Basically right now I have 3 boxes open with one mutagen. If I have 4 different skills with some points do they do nothing if their not on the right hand section boxes? Also their sepersted into 4 different categories with 4 mutagen options, do you run one group with a mutagen at once or can the 4 run together?

So just got past white orchard. Level 4 now. Got all the ability points in white orchard and getting the hang of it. Lot different then the witcher 2.

So I've been selecting abilities, put a few points in quen. Few in fast attack and a few in crossbow.

Now what's confusing me. On the right you have what looks like 4 build choices that can also use a mutagen. I got my first mutagen and learned how it helps the associated 3 skills if they line up in colour. Perfect, understand that.

Now what confuses me is what about all my other abilities I have points in that aren't in that box with a mutagen. Do they not do anything? I haven't unlocked the whole right part of screen yet due to level.

Later on do you swap through the 4 sections for what I want to use or do I get to use 16 abilities total with 4 mutagens that can help them.

I think what I just wrote is more confusing lol.

Basically right now I have 3 boxes open with one mutagen. If I have 4 different skills with some points do they do nothing if their not on the right hand section boxes? Also their sepersted into 4 different categories with 4 mutagen options, do you run one group with a mutagen at once or can the 4 run together?

Yeah anything not actually applied to these boxes isn't actually activated and thus does nothing. So if you had 4 skills and only 3 places to put them one of those skills would be useless.

There is I think a maximum of 50 skill points in the game (I could be wrong). A lot of the skills require 5 points. And obviously getting to each lower tier in a tree costs a certain amount of points.

In any case its ideal to keep everything of one type in a set of three boxes. So if you had 3 combat skills and fourth say sign skill. You would obviously want to put the three combat skills together and pair it with a red mutagen.

Okay. But I see theirs 4 groupings of 4 plus a mutagen. As I unlock can I run all 4 groups of mutagens?

I know. But I see 4 groups. 4 abilities per mutagen. So can I run 16 abilities and 4 mutagens at once or is it like a quick save for 4 different builds.

Top Bottom