Yennefer never been to kaer morhen is false

+
Yennefer never been to kaer morhen is false

Recently i began reading the witcher books and playing the game at the same time and the first inconsistency between books and game that i encountered is Geralt stating that Yennefer has never been in kaer morhen to vesmir after waking up from his dream. This is false as stated in the first chapter of the third book blood of the eleves, after Yennefer helps Dandelion escape from Rience they have a conversation together in which she says that she went to kaer morhen several times as a guest. so i am thinking why cd projekt red made this mistake was it on purpose or did they overlook this detail who is kinda imporatant to the book readers?

Last edited:
that i encounter is Geralt stating that Yennefer has never been in kaer morhen to vesmir after waking up from his dream

you should replay that part, Vesemir clearly stated that Yennefer has never been there while Ciri was being trained.

yes i just replayed that part, and Geralt clearly says that he dreamt about yennefer being in caher morhen, and that it was weird because she has NEVER been there. he mentioned Ciri later stating that dreaming about her is not good, he never said that Yennefer never been to kaher morhen WHILE ciri was training i advise you to replay that part or watch it on youtube.

Last edited:
Ah yeah I thought Ciri was mentioned in the dream before yennefer, my bad.

but it's a little detail compare to the other contradiction in the game (Concerning Emhyr or the White Frost for example)

i think Geralt might be referring to her never being in that room with him, or being there at the same time as him.

or its also likely that if Geralt wasnt there when Yen was there before hand that he might have no knowledge of her ever being there.

yes i just replayed that part, and Geralt clearly says that he dreamt about yennefer being in caher morhen, and that it was weird because she has NEVER been there. he mentioned Ciri later stating that dreaming about her is not good, he never said that Yennefer never been to kaher morhen WHILE ciri was training i advise you to replay that part or watch it on youtube.

The thing is - Triss was replaced by Yen in his dream, that's why he said she has never been there, cuz in reality triss was in kaer morhen at that moment, not Yen.

i am pretty sure that he spoke in an absolute form of speech. He didn't precise anything to vesmir about his dream he just told him that he had a bad dream in which yennefer was in kaer morhen (not while training ciri or instead of triss) he just said that it was wierd because she has never been there in kar morhen, not in the room or while he was not there, he simply stated that she has never been to kaher morhen with no other conditions or interpretations implied in it. I think that cd projekt overlooked this detail but its not really important i've just wished that it would be more faithful to the books but anyone can make mistakes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom