Petition to get Triss Merigold added to the Expansion packs!

+
And we have clearly stated time and time again that this romance-DLC is not the point of all this but a matter of consistency and influence of our decisions, but you choose to ignore it to keep this argument afloat. I just wonder why

i clearly responded to the original posters call for more for Triss in a romantic capacity. I clearly stated why I think this is a bad idea. Nothing I said was anti triss. You said that isn't what you want well i don't care. Why? because i wasn't responding to your thread. I was specifically responding to a call for more romance for Triss.

but this entire thread is now more about imagined things i said then actually what i said, and now my specific comments about what the OP said they wanted don't matter anymore because that isn't what you want from the DLC. Well it was what the OP said that sparked my comment so get over it.

The game was written organically, not systematically with equal screentimes and mechanical plots to appease the waifu crowd.

The writers are the last people in the studio that should listen to players' demands - that's the only way to prevent the game from turning into a fanservice crap.

You stated your reasons yes but you also came on strong and wrong about a lot of other things. When i say wrong btw... I say this because you stated so many things as fact which some were flat out lies and I cited sources to prove it. Others are wrong because they were opinions that you preached as fact. Which is not ok and demeans you. It is no matter though, you have a valid concern for a possiblle DLC. Even though that is far from all this is about. The other stuff was completely unneeded though. Especially how you said it.

yes I am sure in your mind all those things i didn't actually say were lies.

yes I am sure in your mind all those things i didn't actually say were lies.

Would you like me to quote them, I'm trying to be civil. You did say a bunch of things and some were lies one example for you before you decide on quotes. The Witcher is not Reds ip, and they must write the story so it's in line with what is ok for the author . Not exact words but I can get quote. You backed this false statement with opinions presented as fact in the same post. I would be happy to show you if you like.

Would you like me to quote them, I'm trying to be civil. You did say a bunch of things and some were lies one example for you before you decide on quotes. The Witcher is not Reds ip, and they must write the story so it's in line with what is ok for the author . Not exact words but I can get quote. You backed this false statement with opinions presented as fact in the same post. I would be happy to show you if you like.

I think we should just stop indulging Gothfather... He clearly just trolling, quoting just specific stuff and trying to provoke, he probably just wants attention because he clearly has nothing constructive to add anymore

I think we should just stop indulging Gothfather... He clearly just trolling, quoting just specific stuff and trying to provoke, he probably just wants attention because he clearly has nothing constructive to add anymore

Indeed. I sense a lot of baiting.

I think something like a proper DLC specifically for Triss is something will never be done. But I hope the work on the game will continue and more importance to the whole Triss romance will be added, since the game steer violently towards Yen and, although I like her character, is simply unfair. Work to be done includes everything, meaningful reactions with other characters if you choose Triss, more relationship, more quests with unique dialogue, more flirting, just as with Yen. I also think that the main plot could have changed (even if by little) depending on the girl you chose. Furthermore, it would be advisable to leave main characters (not only Yen and Triss) on the map, so that we can speak to them about quests, personal life etc.

I mean this way you give importance to the romance thing, with fair choices a la Witcher style, the way it was told it would have been. Sex scenes ok, they can be nice, but first and foremost we want more contact with our beloved characters in the brilliant way writers have shown to be capable of :)

The game was written organically, not systematically with equal screentimes and mechanical plots to appease the waifu crowd.

The writers are the last people in the studio that should listen to players' demands - that's the only way to prevent the game from turning into a fanservice crap.

While I agree with this on micro scale, this isn't realistic on macro scale - if only writing was this romantic. These huge projects have a schedule and deadlines to keep. Companies usually also research what the customer wants and try to play on those demands. Writers can't just start writing whatever they want - not even the lead writer. First you will need a theme or an idea.
So if people say we want more Triss/Yen/Ciri/That herbalist from the start, why wouldn't they write something about that? Popular things sell after all. So I don;t think there is anything wrong with taking popular theme's from the community and turning those into a story.

Now if you take that to micro level, I totally agree with you. The customer shouldn't be able to say:"we want 3 sex scenes, 15 discussions and 12 scenery views'(1 sex scene Triss 2 sex scene Yen *cough*). Things like that will indeed obstruct the creative process.
New themes for a previously written story('adding' Triss to an existing story in this case) usually also comes across as very awkward. So that would also be a big no-no.

Last edited:
Would you like me to quote them, I'm trying to be civil. You did say a bunch of things and some were lies one example for you before you decide on quotes. The Witcher is not Reds ip, and they must write story so it's in line with author. Not exact words but I can get quote. You backed this false statement with opinions presented as fact in the same post. I would be happy to show you if you like.

The witcher isn't owned by CDPR, they bought a licensing agreement from the author. That is fact. Do you not understand how this works? CDPR couldn't decide to make geralt a space alien who shoots blaster bolts from his eyes and eats rice crispies for dinner. Because they have to get approval. how is that a falsehood? Giving me a link to a author saying the stories are not a sequel or a prequel isn't actually germane to what i said. people say CDPR could do whatever they want. i responded to that specifically saying no they can't.

i explained why yen got so much screen time and you quoted a bloody dev saying much the same thing i did. She gets so much screen time because of the stories from teh books. You know that CANON relationship between yen and geralt that Triss mentions and is talked about in the game series? Not my fault you disregard it because you don't care about it. It happened. She has to get the extra screen time because Triss had two games to establish who she was and her history with geralt, yen has to have her history and the context of that history in relationship to geralt and Ciri explained. Why? Because that history is CANON to the games. The books clearly state that geralt loves Yen, that she is his "true" love. You'll note the quotes? True love and "True" love don't mean the same thing. You'll see me used them multiple times in the thread.

I get the Triss is your go to girl but I am not anti triss, I never said it was wrong to pick triss never even implied it. I said in my original post that if you chose triss that's great. hardly a slamming indictment against choosing this option in the game. i just said cdpr is obligated to give triss and Yen equal time. something your quote from the Dev's clearly reinforces. They needed the extra time so that important thing called context could be given to Yen and her relationship to Ciri and Geralt. Why is that important? because of her Canon relationship to geralt.

What have i actually said not your own interpetation of what you think I mean, but rather what i actually said is a falsehood?

The witcher isn't owned by CDPR, they bought a licensing agreement from the author. That is fact. Do you not understand how this works? CDPR couldn't decide to make geralt a space alien who shoots blaster bolts from his eyes and eats rice crispies for dinner. Because they have to get approval. how is that a falsehood? Giving me a link to a author saying the stories are not a sequel or a prequel isn't actually germane to what i said. people say CDPR could do whatever they want. i responded to that specifically saying no they can't.

i explained why yen got so much screen time and you quoted a bloody dev saying much the same thing i did. She gets so much screen time because of the stories from teh books. You know that CANON relationship between yen and geralt that Triss mentions and is talked about in the game series? Not my fault you disregard it because you don't care about it. It happened. She has to get the extra screen time because Triss had two games to establish who she was and her history with geralt, yen has to have her history and the context of that history in relationship to geralt and Ciri explained. Why? Because that history is CANON to the games. The books clearly state that geralt loves Yen, that she is his "true" love. You'll note the quotes? True love and "True" love don't mean the same thing. You'll see me used them multiple times in the thread.

I get the Triss is your go to girl but I am not anti triss, I never said it was wrong to pick triss never even implied it. I said in my original post that if you chose triss that's great. hardly a slamming indictment against choosing this option in the game. i just said cdpr is obligated to give triss and Yen equal time. something your quote from the Dev's clearly reinforces. They needed the extra time so that important thing called context could be given to Yen and her relationship to Ciri and Geralt. Why is that important? because of her Canon relationship to geralt.

What have i actually said not your own interpetation of what you think I mean, but rather what i actually said is a falsehood?

What you say have a logic, but I put it in a very simple way: you have this Witcher series which is famous for its setting and its choices. If in the last game you can choose from two main romanceable girls in the game, I think it's fair to provide players a real and unbiased choice. Many players do not know previous games, let alone books. The game unfortunately do not provide a fair and satisfactory choice for who decided for Triss, based on the game alone. I respect your point of view but what the books (which I enjoyed) or previous games (which I enjoyed) are telling us means nothing IMHO. :)

I think something like a proper DLC specifically for Triss is something will never be done. But I hope the work on the game will continue and more importance to the whole Triss romance will be added, since the game steer violently towards Yen and, although I like her character, is simply unfair. Work to be done includes everything, meaningful reactions with other characters if you choose Triss, more relationship, more quests with unique dialogue, more flirting, just as with Yen. I also think that the main plot could have changed (even if by little) depending on the girl you chose. Furthermore, it would be advisable to leave main characters (not only Yen and Triss) on the map, so that we can speak to them about quests, personal life etc.

I mean this way you give importance to the romance thing, with fair choices a la Witcher style, the way it was told it would have been. Sex scenes ok, they can be nice, but first and foremost we want more contact with our beloved characters in the brilliant way writers have shown to be capable of :)

I believe that if we all band together, Yen and Triss fans - and our numbers will be large enough, we'll get a romance-specific DLC for both of them. Because if there's a large demand to anything - this demand will be supplied.

Obviously DLC just for Triss is unfair, an unfairness - of the same type - we are trying to fight right now and that's why we created the main thread in the sub-forum ( http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...and-the-inconsistency-of-our-romance-s-choice )

Last edited:
I believe that if we all band together, Yen and Triss fans - and our numbers will be large enough, we'll get a romance-specific DLC for both of them. Because if there's a large demand to anything this demand will be supplied.

Obviously DLC just for Triss is unfair, an unfairness we are trying to fight right now and that's why we created the main thread in the sub-forum ( http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...and-the-inconsistency-of-our-romance-s-choice )

I agree with you and I hope devs will listen to us :)

Again with the silly books argument...
The games aren't canon the writer of the books considers them nothing more than fanfiction

So suddenly shafting Triss (the main girl in the games, like it or not) in favour of Yennefer wasn't smart
Yen will always be Geralts true love in the books but these are RPG games where you should have equal choices

What you say have a logic, but I put it in a very simple way: you have this Witcher series which is famous for its setting and its choices. If in the last game you can choose from two main romanceable girls in the game, I think it's fair to provide players a real and unbiased choice. Many players do not know previous games, let alone books. The game unfortunately do not provide a fair and satisfactory choice for who decided for Triss, based on the game alone. I respect your point of view but what the books (which I enjoyed) or previous games (which I enjoyed) are telling us means nothing IMHO. :)

Well the story isn't really structured to be fair and balanced between triss and yen. The goal of the story isn't to provide an unbiased portrayal of yen and Triss so you can pick who you will romance. The story's plot dictates the need to be more Yen centric. its not unfair because this isn't about fair and unfair, biased or unbiased. it is about telling a story and the needs of the story dictate the screen time.

Is this what some fans wanted? No, but every game's story leaves some of its customers disappointed. CDPR isn't obligated to give us more Triss just like they were not obligated to give us more Shani in W2. If people want more yen CDPR isn't obligated to give them more. The story is what it is and so far everything i have seen about the story and Triss' and yen's place in said story seem reasonable and rational. Doubly so in the context of the history the books give to the games. I say this with the caveat that I HAVE NOT finished the game. But so far all I hear is a demand for fan service at the expense of other fans.

My objection isn't Triss specific it is about any content that is by design exclusionary to a portion of the customers.

[Edit] which means if they did a dual romance DLC talked about above, I'd have zero objection to it because it isn't exclusionary by design.

Last edited:
I think most people would be happy if both Yen and Triss had a some role in the expansions. There is no need to favor any character at the expense of another.

Yeah, and again, let's have them start with fixing what's clearly missing in the main game with Triss and then talk about expansions & DLC.

Top Bottom