Buy back "accidentally" sold items for equal prices

+
Buy back "accidentally" sold items for equal prices

If you sell something in a shop, and it was a mistake you have to buy back the item on normal prices. Where in TW1 and TW2 you could sell back your item for the amount of coins you received.

Example
A sword that Geralt sells for 7 coins, is sold by the shopkeeper for 60 coins. If you mistakenly sell this sword and want it back (without leaving the shop) it costs you 53 coins.

Including the worst inventory ever in this series it is not so rare to see you sell items you didn't want to.

This is a oversight, a mistake. The way its implemented in TW1 and TW2 is the correct way.

I don't know.... if a trader purchases something from you and u want it back...well, it's quite normal that he wants more in return... maybe the magnitude is not quite appropriate, but it makes sense.

I don't know.... if a trader purchases something from you and u want it back...well, it's quite normal that he wants more in return... maybe the magnitude is not quite appropriate, but it makes sense.

yeah I agree though we are talking about selling something by mistake such as misclicking

I agree there should be a buyback option at same price :) maybe for like a few days after you sell
I just want a buy back option within the shopkeepers inventory menu. When you close this menu and get back "ingame", all your purchases are done. That is fair and how it was in TW1 and TW2.

Don't make mistakes (or save).
Or do we have to have a careless 'buy-back' key?
An accidental death magic revive?
A silly dialogue choice second chance?

Yeah I did the same thing luckily I kinda mental about saving so was able to quickly re-load and fix my mistake.

No take the hit and learn to be more careful next time or use the existing correct any mistake mechanic and reload the last save.

Reload is the only mistake correction needed and the devs have bigger and better priorities than undoing misclicks, like actual bugs and 2 expansions.

Had to reload 3~4 times because I sold items I would use once levelup.

Every RPG has something like that, dont know why CDP didnt add one

So? this is one of those proposed features that would add to the realism. Similar to how in fallout the game will keep a running tally of what you're selling and what you want to buy until you actually click to accept the trade, this sort of thing emulates the back and forth of a normal transaction where you would say, "I'll give you this armor and this sword in exchange for this, but also want to buy that. Actually on second thought, the sword is off the table. Want to keep that a little longer."

Save save save! Save right before a fight, save before swimming, save before entering a cave, save before shopping, Saving is your friend. :)

The responses to this thread are part of the reason I have no hope for humanity... Lol

The inventory doesn't sell the item you are hovering over with the mouse when you hit space, it sells the last selected item which has me making sure I click EVERY SINGLE ITEM, before I hit space to be extra careful because I accidentally sold a green sword once and had to reload after seeing the buy back price.

Obviously people should be careful but this is also a little annoyance that has an extremely simple fix that could be implemented like the previous games did.

Top Bottom