Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, getting the facts right:

- CDPR stated that PC's can run 2014 level graphics PERFECTLY;
- CDPR said downgraded the game to fit the consoles, but downgraded for PC too;

Many PC gamers would PAY extra to get SoD level fidelity, considering it would be properly optimized, not just tossed in the game.
I can't see any reason for CDPR not doing an upgrade(ppl are patient, supportive, and willing to pay for something they ALREADY paid for), but maybe i'm wrong.
If this doesn't happen my opinion about them will change, drastically.

Many PC gamers would PAY extra to get SoD level fidelity, considering it would be properly optimized, not just tossed in the game.
I can't see any reason for CDPR not doing an upgrade(ppl are patient, supportive, and willing to pay for something they ALREADY paid for), but maybe i'm wrong.

The Sword of Destiny Graphics would make this game one of the most timeless best looking RPGs Ever.

The Damage to CDPR´s Reputation in the Eyes of PC Gamers is already huge.
Im sure the Console Gamers would have enjoyed W3 the same, no matter how the PC Version may have look like.

that eurogamer interview had CDPR saying maybe the VGX trailer was a mistake.
I think the 35 min gameplay trailer was the mistake.

If we hadn't seen that we wouldn't have known how good the graphics had become and would have bought the game anyway.
Updated skyrim graphics with solid writing. Job done.

But we know now.

We are not happy

We are legion and we are many

i would take them even if not optimized, ther's enough control with ini files to tweak the game perfectly ( assuming all the settings get unlocked ) , thats the fun part about playing with PC, you know you have control over your hardware and software and tweak to have your very own experience, trying to go beyond the limits or achieving a specific framerate, modding, breaking the game ... all of that is part of a PC experience , a lot of peoples who either are new to PC gaming or console gamers dont understand that, and call anyone who care about these things a graphic whore

i didnt have money to buy top end PC hardware when i was a kid, i just used what i had and tweaked the games to make them run, i still play old ass games with 2d graphics and couldnt care less about anything beside gameplay for those games

when you sell/advertise your game with " in game footage " in trailer of course you gonna attract die hard PC gamers and of course they will be expecting that, but then they dont get that , you shouldnt be surprised that they get pissed

calling PC hardware enthusiast graphic whores is stupid and extremely disrespectful, how about you go call cars/tunning enthusiat stupid ignorant peoples because they care about motors/parts ? see ? that dosnt make sense, its exactly the same for PC enthusiast

i personally started to save up money the day i saw the 35mn gameplay demo, knowing that my 760 will probably die trying to run that at ultra , so saved up for 6 month and got myself a 980 , and then well ... i can run the game between 120-80 fps at ultra now, but i would trade that for 30fps and the 35mn gameplay level of graphic quality any day

am not mad, because what has been done is done, shit happen, but i cant stand there reading peoples insulting CDPR , or other peoples insulting PC enthusiat because they care about graphics

i just hope CDPR do something, thats it

Last edited:
We now have 200 hours of gameplay? In 2014 John Mamais specifically said it's 50 hours of main story and 50 hours of side quests. Has it been doubled?

And now it's a 250 hour game. Where are you getting these numbers???

From reviews, from my Steam friendlist and from reports of people saying how much it took them to 100% this game. I've spend "only" 40 hours in this game so far and I'm still pretty near the beginning. I'm in Velen, still have a lot to explore.

CDPR themselves said that the main quest will take you 50 hours and the entire game 200 hours (source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/04/04/the-witcher-3-length/). Some will complete it faster, others will take more time to complete it.

---------- Updated at 02:22 PM ----------

Ehhhmmmm? Facts? Are you sure? Where are you getting these "facts" from? Where is your source?

Cause the REAL FACTS say the exact opposite. The REAL FACTS say that CDPR told us they had technical issues with the 2014 level of graphics so they had to downgrade it, even for PC.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

The Damage to CDPR´s Reputation in the Eyes of PC Gamers is already huge.
Im sure the Console Gamers would have enjoyed W3 the same, no matter how the PC Version may have look like.

Oh come on! No offense, but that's subjective hearsay. I am a PC gamer since 1988 and their reputation hasn't suffered a bit on my end, quite the contrary. A few days ago someone was arguing that Skyrim seemed more beautiful to us because we were still young back then. I was a lot in November 2011, but young wasn't one of these things, so I figured that it's mainly a problem for younger audiences who never had to use their imagination to make out what a videogame was trying to portrait. A lot of the stuff people are complaining about I don't even see at all!

You see the whole of the PC gamers, I see (and feel free to hate me for it) the loud minority. I, for example, am far too busy playing and tremendously enjoying the game without any crashes or performance issues (and pretty as a picture) to complain and I couldn't care less about this downgrade-yadda-yadda. I'm sorry for you and other people who feel cheated or disappointed or whatever, but please leave me and others who think otherwise out of this.

Last edited:
Anyway, I think the most important thing to take notice of is this:

Marcin Iwinski picks it up: "Maybe we shouldn't have shown that [trailer], I don't know, but we didn't know that it wasn't going to work, so it's not a lie or a bad will - that's why we didn't comment actively. We don't agree there is a downgrade but it's our opinion, and gamers' feeling can be different. If they made their purchasing decision based on the 2013 materials, I'm deeply sorry for that, and we are discussing how we can make it up to them because that's not fair.

"It's very important to stress: we are continuously working on the PC version, and we will be adding a lot of stuff, and there is more to come. We've proven it in the past that we support our games and we will be looking at the feedback and trying to make it better."

So can we not please stop vilifying CDPR and instead focus on the fact that CDPR is looking into the graphics issue and is going to try to improve it?

To CDPR: You guys are frikkin' awesome and I'll keep supporting you. I can't wait to see what you have in store for TW3 in the near future. I fully believe you'll continue to work to make this game better. In the meantime I still have +/- 100 hours worth of content to go through in TW3 so I'll definitely be entertained until then. :D

Oh come on! No offense, but that's subjective hearsay. I am a PC gamer since 1988 and their reputation hasn't suffered a bit on my end, quite the contrary. You see the whole of the PC gamers, I see (and feel free to hate me for it) the loud minority. I, for example, am far too busy playing and tremendously enjoying the game without any crashes or performance issues (and pretty as a picture) to complain and I couldn't care less about this downgrade-yadda-yadda. I'm sorry for you and other people who feel cheated or disappointed or whatever, but please leave me and others who think otherwise out of this.

Maybe not you, fine. I know alot PC Gamers, we have LAN´s since 1996, so most of them are "old" Gamers and now its a realy bad time to ask them how they think of CDPR. The same is with almost every PC Gamer i Game only with. But everyone his/her opinion, right?

---------- Updated at 02:47 PM ----------

Cause the REAL FACTS say the exact opposite. The REAL FACTS say that CDPR told us they had technical issues with the 2014 level of graphics so they had to downgrade it, even for PC.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

Oh yes. They told us their "Reasons" after the Release, when their backs were on the Wall. Wow...so impressive, im so thankfull right now..

Anyway, I think the most important thing to take notice of is this:

So can we not please stop vilifying CDPR and instead focus on the fact that CDPR is looking into the graphics issue and is going to try to improve it?

To CDPR: You guys are frikkin' awesome and I'll keep supporting you. I can't wait to see what you have in store for TW3 in the near future. I fully believe you'll continue to work to make this game better. In the meantime I still have +/- 100 hours worth of content to go through in TW3 so I'll definitely be entertained until then. :D

agreed. the downgrade issue seems to be more complicated than we may think.
however, you can't blame people for thinking that CDPR is downgrading the game for the sake of consoles or that they're putting consoles before PC. (i may got a bit off-topic, but please hear me out)
allow me to explain: CDPR promised that the game will have good KB/M support with keys fully bindable,a fully customizeable UI/HUD and ofcourse graphics as great as the SoD trailer.
then after release, we realize that the UI was designed with a gamepad in mind and is annoying to use with the KB/M and the controls aren't fully bindable. the UI/HUD can't be customized as extensively as they have promised, and the graphics on PC aren't as good as SoD trailer or even the E3 2014 demo.
and what's worse, is that gamers had to do fixing for them , first with a mod to make the controls fully bindable (http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/38712-PC-compilation-of-keybinding-user-settings-bugs) and another to add hotkeys to cast signs (http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/81/?), which should've been in the game day one.

so, in the end, PC gamers have the right to feel betrayed considering that CDPR haven't kept some of their promises, and deserves to critisize them.

Last edited:
The statement that CDPR said we could play at SoD quality levels on PC is a FACT:
If they said we could play like that it means it would run on PC, period.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ngrade?p=1525774&highlight=marcin#post1525774

If they "conveniently" said otherwise after release, that's another matter. And I really doubt this, because PC's have much more power than consoles. Console version and PC version are nearly identical. It's just a matter of 2+2.

Sorry but any sane person would hold on to the things that a ompany stated BEFORE releasing a product.
Just imagine if this kind of thing happened in every branch of industry.

Last edited:
The statement that CDPR said we could play at SoD quality levels on PC is a FACT:
If they said we could play like that it means it would run on PC, period.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ngrade?p=1525774&highlight=marcin#post1525774

If they "conveniently" said otherwise after release, that's another matter. And I really doubt this, because PC's have much more power than consoles. Console version and PC version are nearly identical. It's just a matter of 2+2.

Sorry but any sane person would hold on to the things that a ompany stated BEFORE releasing a product.
Just imagine if this kind of thing happened in every branch of industry.

I work in the Automobile Industry. Behaving like the Gamingindustry would mean our End within several Month´s.

@luc0s, You are wrong too. They did not tell anything about 2014 graphics. They said that they 'optimized'(downgraded) after 2013 VGX trailer. Not 2014. The reason of downgrade of 2014 graphics (35 min demo and SOD trailer) is still unknown. And I am still waiting for reasonable answer.

What i can say about it, RED knew that they 'optimazed' (downgraded) after VGX trailer. But few month before release of game they still said that 'we will get that graphics quality. We do not need to be worry'. But actually that 'optimization' happened long time before from that word and they knew about it and they even 'optimazed' it minimum 2 times too before that word. (SOD quality and 35 min demo).

So they 'optimized' it minimum 3 time and after that they still said that there is no downgrade and we will get that graphics quality. WHY? If that word was before VGX or even SOD trailer, i could understand that they did not know about some problems. But that happened after all that trailers and demos.

The issue is not about downgrade for me, but about what they said and what they did.

Sorry foe bad english.

@luc0s , You are wrong too. They did not tell anything about 2014 graphics. They said that they 'optimized'(downgraded) after 2013 VGX trailer. Not 2014. The reason of downgrade of 2014 graphics (35 min demo and SOD trailer) is still unknown. And I am still waiting for reasonable answer.

What i can say about it, RED knew that they 'optimazed' (downgraded) after VGX trailer. But few month before release of game they still said that 'we will get that graphics quality. We do not need to be worry'. But actually that 'optimization' happened long time before from that word and they knew about it and they even 'optimazed' it minimum 2 times too before that word. (SOD quality and 35 min demo).

So they 'optimized' it minimum 3 time and after that they still said that there is no downgrade and we will get that graphics quality. WHY? If that word was before VGX or even SOD trailer, i could understand that they did not know about some problems. But that happened after all that trailers and demos.

The issue is not about downgrade for me, but about what they said and what they did.

Sorry foe bad english.

And they had 2013 Screenshots on Steam after Release. That´s badass Marketing right there...lol.

however, you can't blame people for thinking that CDPR is downgrading the game for the sake of consoles or that they're putting consoles before PC.

Yes we can. If you know CDPR's track record you know they greatly care about the PC community. CDPR have always been PC developers until now. TW3 was their very first multi-platform game and obviously that prove to be a challenge for them, but I don't believe for a second that CDPR would put the consoles before the PC. That's just not how they role. Especially considering almost all developers at CDPR are PC gamers themselves.

I believe CDPR tried to make TW3 the best they could, even for PC. There is just no reason for them not to try. And whatever the reason was for the downgrades (allegedly technical reasons) it was never a decision made out of malice or disregard for the PC community.

---------- Updated at 03:40 PM ----------

And they had 2013 Screenshots on Steam after Release. That´s badass Marketing right there...lol.

Your point? So many devs put screenshots of cinematic trailers or pre-rendered stuff on the Steam pages of their games. CDPR has gone out of their way to state that the 2013 trailers and 2014 demos is NOT what the final game looks like. If people purchased TW3 based on those screenshots from the trailers then it's their fault for being misinformed.

Even so, CDPR themselves said that they're sorry for the confusion and they feel sorry for people who bought TW3 under the impression it would look like those 2013 screenshots. They're currently looking into it and trying to think of a way to fix the issue and satisfy those people who bought the game under false pretenses.

Shit happened, but they're working on it. What more could you want?

Other thing to note is that CDPR stated that we could play at SoD level and they did that in 29/01/2015

It would be ridiculous to believe that by that time they would not have tested their Graphics to see if it could or couldn't run 4 months before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom