Witcher Franchise Speculation

+

Witcher Franchise Speculation

• I would like Witcher 4 with Geralt in a story after the Witcher 3 events. Warning! Unlikely!

Votes: 94 23.9%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with Ciri and a story that takes place after Witcher 3 events.

Votes: 107 27.2%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a new PREDEFINED protagonist (not Geralt or Ciri).

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a PLAYER CREATED CHARACTER (skyrim, dragon age).

Votes: 71 18.1%
  • I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt.

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • I would like Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the new engine (and maybe W2 as well).

Votes: 103 26.2%
  • The new game(s) should build on the existing universe. Kingdoms and characters are largely the same.

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • The new game(s) should be a "a fresh start". New exciting lands, characters, companions, lore etc.

Votes: 45 11.5%
  • I would like more than 2 expansions for W3, maybe 4-5 to expand on Ciri, Triss, Saskia, Iorveth etc.

Votes: 179 45.5%
  • Once Witcher 3 is done I don't want more Witcher games. CDPR should do other things.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
Geralt is a pretty cool guy, but every preview of TW3 leaves me with the exact same feeling: Playing as Ciri, no matter how brief, is going to be awesome. How does she measure up to our favorite scruffy medieval Batman? Pretty well, based on the FACTS below.

-Geralt can light things on fire and blow wind and stuff, Ciri can jump through time and space. She could conceivably be the one posting this right now.

-Geralt needs all manner of drugs and mutations to kick ass, Ciri remains a positive role-model for kids by kicking ass and staying sober (most of the time).

-Geralt bones a random assortment of wenches and sorceresses, Ciri almost boned a space Elf overlord (and a bandit lady, a boy who was known for jumping over rocks, and some other dudes who died too quickly).

-Geralt's horse is a horse with a name that sounds exactly the same as that of one of his friends, Ciri's horse is a mystical talking space unicorn named "Horsey."

-Geralt's name means "spear rule," Ciri's name means "Swallow," which is probably another reason why Eredin wants her (naughty boy).

-Geralt has 100 mediocre scars, Ciri has a few really cool ones.

-Geralt needs twice as many swords as Ciri to get the job done. That's math.

-When Geralt fights the King of the Wild Hunt, it's a drawn-out boss fight. Ciri, on the other hand, basically bench presses him into a river.

Plus, she'd be really popular in the current gaming climate: she's a bisexual lady with a complex personality who dresses like a normal person. That's the gender, LGBT, and feminist boxes all ticked at once.

- A pre-defined warrior who wants to nail Ciri to save or destroy the world with the son.
- Ciri's son who could save or destroy the world.

Ok. I didn't like my ideas so far but if I want to include Ciri it always ends up with saving the world. I'm sure of two things that I don't want a prequel or a female protagonist(as 1 out of 2 options, sure). Alright...

- Pre-defined or user created character who is a witcher candidate, mostly new story takes place 30 years after Wild Hunt with Geralt in late Vesemir's place, Yennefer or Triss is working in Kaer Morhen's labs so trials can be performed once again, Ciri's back from a parallel universe where time stood still(or time passed relatively too quickly?) so Ciri wouldn't have aged at all for romance purposes :p and so on..

Well I'm sure CDPR will come with a lot better scenario :D

Last edited:

Guest 3782876

I hope the series ends with the TW3 , but if it continues...I hope to be with a random Witcher, perhaps one of the Griffin school. New character.

I hope the series ends with the TW3 , but if it continues...I hope to be with a random Witcher, perhaps one of the Griffin school. New character.

After thinking about it some more, I also feel like the series should end on a high note with Witcher 3. Witcher 3 just seems like it'll be so amazing/groundbreaking that it'll be very hard for CD Projekt to top that again with another Witcher game.

I guess it's possible that they could create another huge open world witcher game, with even better graphics and combat than Witcher 3, but for some reason I don't see that happening, especially since they said they want to take a break from the franchise and work on Cyberpunk for a while.

But hey, maybe CD Projekt will prove me wrong and make another Witcher game even more amazing than Witcher 3::)

Last edited:
Would you like if the developer continued the Witcher series with Ciri?

So the developer said this is the end of Geralt's tale but they never said this is the end of the Witcher video game series... And the developer said they added Ciri as a playable character in this game because they wanted players to know her better and like her... So maybe they have plans to continue the Witcher video game series with Ciri's tale if players like it after Cyberpunk 2077 is out... But only Father Time will tell what they will do but... Would you like it?

So the developer said this is the end of Geralt's tale but they never said this is the end of the Witcher video game series... And the developer said they added Ciri as a playable character in this game because they wanted players to know her better and like her... So maybe they have plans to continue the Witcher video game series with Ciri's tale if players like it after Cyberpunk 2077 is out... But only Father Time will tell what they will do but... Would you like it?

OMG dat font is killer on the eyes lol
Not sure it's not the same without him, I'm not a huge fan of playing as a female, because when it comes to flirting it just kills it for me.

Forum veteran
No. The series is done.

Ciri's great, but no character could keep another game from being a been-there-done-that experience unless it's some kind of spinoff like the adventure game or MOBA. It's 2077 time once the W3 expansions hit, so it's time to let the Witcher universe go.

I wouldn't mind too much if we played as Ciri, but i prefer a new character with a new back story or we could just create our own Witcher.

Ciri isn't a Witcher...? I'm fine with the series ending here. I don't want this series to be milked like a lot of other series are these days.

I would love seeing Ciri have her own game. I would also enjoy it if RED made a new IP after Cyberpunk, though I'd like the time era to be a little further along than in the Witcher series (I have always wanted to play a game where magic openly interacts with more modern technology, like trains and weaponry. A good game, I mean, not like Fable).

next witcher : create ur own witcher + ciri as ur companion & romance interest.

but The series is done, CDPR next focus is Cyberpunk.

next witcher : create ur own witcher + ciri as ur companion & romance interest.

but The series is done, CDPR next focus is Cyberpunk.

If Witcher 3 becomes a huge cash cow for them, they'll be able to use those profits to attract more programmers, artists, writers, etc. and have two separate teams working on Witcher 4? and Cyberpunk at the same time. Most nerd gamers forget CDPro is a business like any other. If Witcher 3 is a HUGE success financially, zero chance they kill it off.

I voted no because I think it'll ruin it if they try to "extend" the same thing story too long. They can come back to witchers, but they need to create something fresh, plus Ciri is too OP IMO she would make the game too easy like she already does.

If you think about it yes they only said witcher 3 will end Geralt's story. It doesn't mean their finish with Geralt in general and they never said Geralt was finish completely. Now that Geralt's story is finished they can now create a new nemesis that requires the skills of a professional monster killer :). But my guess is the introduction of Ciri wasn't just so we could get to know her. I think they have further plans for Ciri.

And how am I supposed to sleep with countless women with Ciri as a character?

No.

The main character must be a man or riot.

While I would prefer a Witcher 4 with Geralt, Ciri would be my second choice. But only if Geralt plays an important role like Ciri did in Witcher 3. (my favorite part of the game was the relation between Geralt and her)
Though I would be happy with both as long as we play a predefined character. The one thing I don't want for Witcher 4 is a player-created avatar, because that usually ends with him/her being shallow, bland and with barely any personality. Additionaly I would miss all the relationships and the history together between all the awesome characters from 8 books and 3 games if we play a player-created nobody.

Last edited:
And how am I supposed to sleep with countless women with Ciri as a character?

No.

The main character must be a man or riot.

Simple... they just make her bisexual

I for one would love it... tho only if they add in a few chain-mail bikini armor sets

Top Bottom